Front left shock looks bent. - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Front left shock looks bent.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Wilkinson

Chad Wilkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sled:2011 skidoo summit x 800r etec

Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:42 AM

Today was the day I would finally find out why my sled sags to the left slightly. I think I have found the issue and I will do my best to explain the issue. So at the top of my front left shock where you actually connect the shock itself to the machine it’s not centred. It’s more towards the front of the machine than the back so if I where to try and make it easier to picture the left shock looks like this 1I 1 while the one on the right looks fine like 1 I 1. Hope that helps and isn’t silly. I’m not sure what the issue is or where there is a bend all I know is there was a medium soft smack taken by the front bumper so my hypothesis is something is bent I’m just not sure what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5569 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling
    RV'ing
    Traveling
  • Sled:Blizzard 900, TNT 900, Enduro 900

Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:01 AM

Sounds like the S-module has been damaged if there is no obvious damage to the A-arms. It doesn't take much of a hit for them to bend and there are aftermarket kits to provide additional support to the S-module and the upper A-Arms.

I'm sure some guys with a lot of experience with this issue will chime in. Fortunately I have never had to replace an S-module.

#3 Chad Wilkinson

Chad Wilkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 01:19 PM

Yea i can’t see any visible damage other than the shock being out of place, I’ll have to look into the s module, I’m new to snowmobiles so this is a process lol

#4 Layman

Layman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Riding, a very little bit of golf, and being a dad.
  • Sled:2020 Renegade X 600R 1.5 IR

Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

What sled is this. Signature indicates you have a rev chassis sled.  Is it the 05 in your signature, or a never sled?   

#5 Chad Wilkinson

Chad Wilkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

oh yes i forgot to mention in the description, it is a 2011 ski doo summit x 800r etec 154"

#6 seiner

seiner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Sled:'14 summit x

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:13 PM

S module and e module are a chore to fix. not hard just takes awhile. take lots of photos as you go. die grinder with ball shaped bur for rivets.  

I have a complete s and e module for sale if you need one.  cell 907-255-1776

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users