#1 moto_racer05

moto_racer05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Sled:2008 renegade 800

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:08 PM

I'm curious if others like to listen to music while riding? I love it! I started wearing ear buds probably five years ago while riding. To me it makes my favorite sport even better. My question is to the people that aren't iPhone users what have you had the best luck with? I know air buds are supposed to work great but I'm a droid user. I currently have some skull candy ear buds that work pretty good. I like the fact that I can pause the music answer calls bye pushing one button but after awhile my ears hurt from my helmet pushing on them. Any input is appreciated thanks.

#2 Renadren17

Renadren17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Sled:2017 skidoo renegade adrenaline 850

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:33 PM

Depending on how much you want to put in to it. I personally use to use earbuds but got tired of messing with them, so I installed a cardo freecom on my helmet and love it. I don’t use the mic, I just use it for music. You can control everything from outside the helmet. Never have issues with the cold or controlling it with gloves on. Plus you can pause and skip songs without having to pull your phone out or having to try and reach under your helmet in your jacket.
8821b739fbe513024f33b5f8c985537f.jpg

Edited by Renadren17, 20 November 2020 - 10:02 PM.

#3 Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Winter/Snow/Music/Guitars
  • Sled:2020 850 XRS Gade

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:37 PM

I use IASUS xsound 3 helmet speakers, boosted with a FiiO A3 amp that I piggy back on a iPod touch. Crystal clear sound without messing with earbuds. Speakers fit nice in BV2S ear cups. I also have a Bluetooth controller on my handlebar pad from Chubby Button which really is awesome. Large buttons that you can hit even when riding. So player and amp are in my inside jacket pocket and I don’t have to unzip to mess with volume or stop music. I also like that without the buds I can still hear the engine unless I am really cranking the tunes

#4 stmike

stmike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4524 posts
  • Interests:all the big boys toys
  • Sled:2021 expedition 900

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:57 AM

Depending on how much you want to put in to it. I personally use to use earbuds but got tired of messing with them, so I installed a cardo freecom on my helmet and love it. I don’t use the mic, I just use it for music. You can control everything from outside the helmet. Never have issues with the cold or controlling it with gloves on. Plus you can pause and skip songs without having to pull your phone out or having to try and reach under your helmet in your jacket.
8821b739fbe513024f33b5f8c985537f.jpg

The wife and i have the freecom in our motorcycle helmets . They change how you do settings ,need a smart phone to change settings .

#5 Nater2004

Nater2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Sled:2019 Backcountry 850

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:10 AM

I stream Pandora to our UClear headsets. Because of the Bluetooth- my wife and kids are able to listen to the same music as well. It works wonders to keep the kids entertained! 

#6 Dox17

Dox17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Playing in Fire
  • Sled:17 Gade, 21 Gade XRS, 17 SW XTX

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:29 AM

Wife and I use the Sena 10S communicators, she loves to listen to music while we ride.  I don't but like the ability to make sure she is aware of any issues coming up on the trails.  Otherwise just one more thing to keep her happy and into the sport I love.  I do listen to music on my Sena while riding my motorcycle, but like to listen to sled while riding.  

Nothing partys like a rental.

#7 badactor

badactor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Sled:2020.5 XRS 850 and 2019 Enduro 850

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:30 AM

I'm torn about this.

When riding alone during the week sometimes I think music would be nice.....on the flip side I really enjoy the solitude.

Great suggestions here on setups! 

"Trackside Down"

#8 jdrmx

jdrmx

Advanced Member

• Sponsors
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mountain riding of course!
  • Sled:2014 summit x Trygstad 872 154

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:31 AM

No music for me. The turbocharger makes beautiful music, the harder you squeeze the more the volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Think snow :rolleyes_old:

https://www.jmpowderboards.com/

2014 Summit X TMS 872

#9 900mac

900mac

Supreme Snowmobiler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1804 posts
  • Sled:2020 enduro 900t, 2011 600 sport

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:32 AM

My buddy sings into our communicators sometimes. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

#10 Skandic Wide Track

Skandic Wide Track

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Sled:1995 skandic wt

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:38 AM

My buddy sings into our communicators sometimes. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hahahah!

#11 DTXRSB

DTXRSB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts
  • Sled:15 XRS 800 Shorty

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:40 AM

I would think my throttle response would be based upon the music. Might not be a good thing.

I'd be afraid to not hear a belt starting to go, etc.

#12 moto_racer05

moto_racer05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Sled:2008 renegade 800

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:50 AM

Ski do you have any pics of your setup? It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it.

I use IASUS xsound 3 helmet speakers, boosted with a FiiO A3 amp that I piggy back on a iPod touch. Crystal clear sound without messing with earbuds. Speakers fit nice in BV2S ear cups. I also have a Bluetooth controller on my handlebar pad from Chubby Button which really is awesome. Large buttons that you can hit even when riding. So player and amp are in my inside jacket pocket and I don’t have to unzip to mess with volume or stop music. I also like that without the buds I can still hear the engine unless I am really cranking the tunes

#13 Budweiser

Budweiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Partying
  • Sled:2012/18 Renegade X 1200/850X

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:57 AM

I use trail jams.  They are small flat speakers that fit in helmet.  There is a small lever that controls volume on side of helmet.  Its wired to my iphone where I play music thats stored on my phone.  When we come to stops I just turn volume down.  This way I don't have to hunt for my phone which is in my coat.  I think it cost $25.00.  The ear buds would hurt my ears.

I mainly use this when riding in Canada when we are on the sleds for 8-10 hours.  No internet for me also in Canada so it has to go off my stored music.

#14 Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Winter/Snow/Music/Guitars
  • Sled:2020 850 XRS Gade

Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:21 AM

Moto - yes a lot of thought and experimentation prior to mastering. No photo but if you search Amazon you will see all items. I do buy the speakers direct from IASUS though. The speakers really are the key. While they are a bit pricey they blow all others away. I have tried many. Mount them behind the liner in the ear cup of your helmet and make sure they are aligned with you ear canals. The Chubby button is out of stock as they are releasing a new version in December. The thing works so well I wanted a spare and just checked about a week ago. I used to use a small remote about the size of a 1/2 dollar but it was impossible to use with a glove on while moving.

Ski do you have any pics of your setup? It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it.

#15 srocher

srocher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Sled:2021 Renegade 850 XRS (on order)

Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:26 AM

I listen to music on my street bike and use the speakers on my Seadoo all the time but I really have no desire to listen to music on my sled.    Not sure why that is?

2020 Renegade 850XRS 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users