What do you think of Matryx? Friends Delivery video - Page 9 - Sledding - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

What do you think of Matryx? Friends Delivery video

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 A7M266D

A7M266D

Ski-Doo Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13402 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, motorsports, motocross, wake surfing, aviation.
  • Sled:BCXRS

•    

Posted 11 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

Does the Matryx 850 have a break in period in the ECM... like the BRP products?

I have personally never noticed a performance change in the 850 or 800 E-Tec that some guys claim if anything some of the fastest speeds I have recorded were in break in.  When I first picked up my 2018 Polaris Assault it was a dog and sure enough as the miles added up and the engine was worked it started gaining, and gaining, and gaining RPM.  That was the first modern 2 stroke I have experienced a performance change in during break in vs post break in.  If the 850 is similar I expect the same.  Time will tell...

Edited by A7M266D, 11 November 2020 - 12:57 PM.

Please like and share my Youtube channel for more content.

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#122 Caper11

Caper11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1850 posts
  • Sled:2016 Summit X 174 Yellow

•    

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:28 PM

I have personally never noticed a performance change in the 850 or 800 E-Tec that some guys claim if anything some of the fastest speeds I have recorded were in break in. When I first picked up my 2018 Polaris Assault it was a dog and sure enough as the miles added up and the engine was worked it started gaining, and gaining, and gaining RPM. That was the first modern 2 stroke I have experienced a performance change in during break in vs post break in. If the 850 is similar I expect the same. Time will tell...

My 2019 summit came out of breakin way early for some reason. Went from 80% remaining to no warning on startup, so approximately 80miles. My rpm went up almost 200 after that, so I had to click down.
My dealer confirmed that there was no more breakin period left on my sled with very low miles on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2019 Summit SP blue/black, SHOT start, Enzo suspension, munster ski bushing savers, Custom clutching.

#123 syracusestars37

syracusestars37

IKnowNothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • Sled:850

Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:44 AM

I have personally never noticed a performance change in the 850 or 800 E-Tec that some guys claim if anything some of the fastest speeds I have recorded were in break in.  When I first picked up my 2018 Polaris Assault it was a dog and sure enough as the miles added up and the engine was worked it started gaining, and gaining, and gaining RPM.  That was the first modern 2 stroke I have experienced a performance change in during break in vs post break in.  If the 850 is similar I expect the same.  Time will tell...

Jamie - Did you get a little more power each time you replaced the fouled spark plugs? All kidding aside, I did see polaris actually released the info pertaining to how their PCM controlled break in procedure works, with regards to oil / fuel consumption rates IIRC.

#124 A7M266D

A7M266D

Ski-Doo Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13402 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, motorsports, motocross, wake surfing, aviation.
  • Sled:BCXRS

•    

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:56 AM

Jamie - Did you get a little more power each time you replaced the fouled spark plugs? All kidding aside, I did see polaris actually released the info pertaining to how their PCM controlled break in procedure works, with regards to oil / fuel consumption rates IIRC.

I can honestly say on the 800 CFI I never replaced a plug, it ran perfect from the get go.  Both of our 2018 Assaults actually ran as far as run quality very well.  Given the choice between an 800 CFI and 800 Etec I would choose the 800 CFI.  No idea yet on the 840 though I don't have any experience with them. 

Please like and share my Youtube channel for more content.

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#125 syracusestars37

syracusestars37

IKnowNothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • Sled:850

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:47 PM

I can honestly say on the 800 CFI I never replaced a plug, it ran perfect from the get go.  Both of our 2018 Assaults actually ran as far as run quality very well.  Given the choice between an 800 CFI and 800 Etec I would choose the 800 CFI.  No idea yet on the 840 though I don't have any experience with them. 

Not surprising as the 800 etec seems so anemic compared to the 850 etec.

#126 Chris Hemmeter

Chris Hemmeter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Sled:2019 Summit 146 / 2020 Renegade 900T X

Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:03 AM

The Matryx is a very nice sled. I will be on a 146 SBA next year for trails. Fit and finish is closing the gap hard between Doo and Poo. Doo is taking more of the fun factor away with their new suspension in trade for better cornering. The AXYS sleds can handle just as good if not better while still having some playfulness to them.

#127 Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
  • Sled:2018 Polaris SKS 155 2.6

Posted 13 November 2020 - 10:15 AM

Regardless of bias there are a lot of Polaris sleds being sold right now and people seem to be switching from Doo to Poo. I sold 2 850 ProRMKs this fall and both buyers were coming from skidoo.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#128 Sportsman1776

Sportsman1776

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Location:Northern Wisconsin 2020 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo R
  • Sled:with Expert Package

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:56 PM

Competition is good.  You would think the new Polaris gauge will push BRP/Ski-Doo into a new gauge setup faster than they otherwise would have.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” - Henry Ford

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -  Benjamin Franklin 

Please help keep our trails open! - Keep your sled quiet, stay on the trails and get involved with a club!

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” - Albert Einstein

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

Two is one, one is none, three's a guarantee.

#129 Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
  • Sled:2018 Polaris SKS 155 2.6

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:50 PM

Competition is good. You would think the new Polaris gauge will push BRP/Ski-Doo into a new gauge setup faster than they otherwise would have.

7" that is getting into what the cars run for screens.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users