What do you think of Matryx? Friends Delivery video - Page 3 - Sledding - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

What do you think of Matryx? Friends Delivery video

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#31 mile9c1

mile9c1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2762 posts
  • Sled:SB 800

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:15 PM

I FINALLY got to see a Matryx today, a plain black/white VR1 850, but I couldn't sit on it because it was someone's spring order.  It was parked by a bunch of Axys sleds though, so I could at least make visual comparisons.  The new seating position looks comfortable.  The side panels look roomy, if getting forward is your thing.  The gauge is HUGE.  It's a nice sled.  I'm saving my pennies for a 2022 650.   

#32 Renegade85

Renegade85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Sled:Backcountry XRS 146

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:33 PM

Not going to lie I just picked up my snow check doo, but talked to my salesman and I may have a matryx to ride for a day to two this winter. They look tempting if they don't have any major issues this year. 

Edited by Renegade85, 27 October 2020 - 11:33 PM.

If I had a dollar for every time I broke something and the mechanic said to me "I've never seen that before"....

2021 Backcountry XRS (It's finally here)

2005 Renegade 700

2017 Renegade 900ace (Crashed)

2018 Renegade 900ace Enduro

2019 Renegade 900ace Enduro

Legend Explorer 7x29

#33 670hoth

670hoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts
  • Sled:03 MXZ800X Rev

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:02 AM

Impressive sled. If they can keep up the reliability and fuel and oil usage is there they will definitely give do a run for their money in market share with this machine. They still don't have DI but it doesn't seem to be much of a disadvantage.  

#34 A7M266D

A7M266D

Ski-Doo Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13564 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, motorsports, motocross, wake surfing, aviation.
  • Sled:BCXRS

•    

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:34 AM

The gauge I do feel really outshined what BRP brought to the table. They have had years to produce something new and better and I think it falls short of the Polaris offering. It is great to see them integrating storage solutions into the sled and the overall fit and finish looks fantastic.

The changes made over the axys were enough to get me to try another one. I love ski doos they have always been my first choice however Polaris seems to have listened to just about all of my complaints and addressed them in the matryx. Haven’t been this excited for a new sled in a while. Should be riding mine in the ne t 3 weeks.
Please like and share my Youtube channel for more content.

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#35 Ski Dog

Ski Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3545 posts
  • Interests:Hockey. Watching my son play baseball. Riding in the U.P..
  • Sled:2021 Renegade X 900T

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:06 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. I absolutely love the 900 T's l've had but l picked my new one up yesterday and l wasn't as excited as I usually am when picking up my new sleds. I'll probably change after l ride it but it just didn't get my juices flowing.

I'd really like to try a VR1 next season just to keep things fresh and see what the competition has to offer. My biggest concern is the Polaris dealer network in my area. I have such a great relationship with my Ski-Doo dealer l really hate to give that up...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PAST SLEDS:

1987 Polaris Indy Trail
1990 Polaris Indy 650
1993 Arctic Cat Wild Cat 700 EFI
1994 Arctic Cat Wild Cat 700 EFI
1995 Arctic Car ZR 440 Sno Pro
1996 Polaris Indy 500
1997 Polaris XC 600
1999 Polaris Indy 500 XC SP
2000 Polaris Indy 500 XC SP 50th Anniversary
2001 Ski-Doo MX-Z Adrenaline 600
2002 Ski-Doo MX-Z Adrenaline 600
2003 Ski-Doo MX-Z X 600
2004 Ski-Doo Renegade X 600 
2005 Ski-Doo Renegade X 600
1999 Arctic Cat Kitty Cat
2006 Ski-Doo Renegade X 600
2007 Ski-Doo Renegade 800Ptek Adrenaline
2007 Ski-Doo Mini-Z 120
2008 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 800R
2006 Ski-Doo MX-Z 380F

1973 Ski-Doo T'NT 294 Silver Bullet
2010 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 1200

2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 1200

2018 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 850

2019 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 900 Turbo

2020 Ski-Doo Renegade X 900 Turbo - Manta Green

CURRENT SLED:

2021 Ski-Doo Renegade X 900 Turbo - Black

MISORVA member

AWSC member

#36 syracusestars37

syracusestars37

IKnowNothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1156 posts
  • Sled:850

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:09 AM

Its a cool sled

Gauge is better than BRP , if you're into that kinda thing. Kinda reminds me of somebody putting an expensive stereo in a porsche or ferrari, not sure why you want the distraction but to each their own.

That engine sounds just like the last few years of polaris 850 / 800 engines. Lousy. Break in or not, they are pigs on oil and smoke like an SOB. Given the number of years 850 has been out now I suspect they need that kind of cold enrichment for the thing to survive.

The Axys front end was certainly better than skidoo's, so its probably not a bad thing that they carried that over.

Nice to see that they moved the wide portion of the seat to a more neutral position, similar to Doo's.

The whole color option thing is cool again if you're into that kind of thing, outshines doo for sure as far as optionability.

Skidoo continues to water down the KYB stuff every year on the XRS line, (cost, and lack of customer understanding as the drivers), The walker evans shocks mass produced for Poo are lousy at best, some of the worst QC i've ever seen.

I guess for me i'd rather see same performance / less techy stuff / lower price tag.

There will be a 650 matryx riding with us every weekend this year and i'll certainly give it a try.

Dealer Loyalty > Brand Loyalty is the hold back on my end, paired with the polaris resale value.

#37 Customer

Customer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Sled:Several..

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:34 AM

Ride what makes you happy, please stay on your side of the trail while playing with your new gauges my family's safety is counting on it!

#38 mbret2004

mbret2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9135 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes, exercise of any type, cars, small engines, my kids, home improvement projects, volunteer work, my faith.
  • Sled:2015 XR 1200

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:46 AM

Excellent video, I enjoyed it. Nice looking sled, have fun and be safe!
USAF, Ret, E-8
1979-2004

#39 snakebite

snakebite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Sled:21 650 Matryx, 20/19 900T, 17 Assault

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:47 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. I absolutely love the 900 T's l've had but l picked my new one up yesterday and l wasn't as excited as I usually am when picking up my new sleds. I'll probably change after l ride it but it just didn't get my juices flowing.

I'd really like to try a VR1 next season just to keep things fresh and see what the competition has to offer. My biggest concern is the Polaris dealer network in my area. I have such a great relationship with my Ski-Doo dealer l really hate to give that up...

I get what your saying, but the relationship(s) you develop with your dealer is on you.  If you are good at building relationships and spend the time to get to know the owners/service techs, there is no reason why you can't have a good one with another.  I've had all 4 brands over the last 10 years and developed great relationships with them all, and they all took care of me from a pricing perspective, discounted accessories and when things needed to be fixed.  

I had the same feeling when I picked up my second 900T last year, was not overly excited with the exception of the color which I thought has been Doo's best color yet (green).  I like trying new things, always have, its exciting and I can't imagine buying the same sled year after year and sticking to one manufacturer.  That to me is boring...

#40 Belldog

Belldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Sled:Skidoo XRS 900t

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:53 AM

I can’t wait to hear about the Polaris sleds through the winter. I’m interested to see how they shake out.

#41 Ski Dog

Ski Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3545 posts
  • Interests:Hockey. Watching my son play baseball. Riding in the U.P..
  • Sled:2021 Renegade X 900T

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:56 AM

Hey snakebite, you're exactly right. I've bought several sleds from the Polaris dealer l'd more than likely go with and had a good relationship with them but only left to switch to Ski-Doo, so l know it wouldn't be any different now. My biggest concern is how their service is these days but the current owner and past owner have been putting forth a valiant effort to get my business back so maybe I have nothing to worry about.

BTW, l had a green turbo last year and absolutely loved the color (and the sled).

Edited by Ski Dog, 28 October 2020 - 09:45 AM.

PAST SLEDS:

1987 Polaris Indy Trail
1990 Polaris Indy 650
1993 Arctic Cat Wild Cat 700 EFI
1994 Arctic Cat Wild Cat 700 EFI
1995 Arctic Car ZR 440 Sno Pro
1996 Polaris Indy 500
1997 Polaris XC 600
1999 Polaris Indy 500 XC SP
2000 Polaris Indy 500 XC SP 50th Anniversary
2001 Ski-Doo MX-Z Adrenaline 600
2002 Ski-Doo MX-Z Adrenaline 600
2003 Ski-Doo MX-Z X 600
2004 Ski-Doo Renegade X 600 
2005 Ski-Doo Renegade X 600
1999 Arctic Cat Kitty Cat
2006 Ski-Doo Renegade X 600
2007 Ski-Doo Renegade 800Ptek Adrenaline
2007 Ski-Doo Mini-Z 120
2008 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 800R
2006 Ski-Doo MX-Z 380F

1973 Ski-Doo T'NT 294 Silver Bullet
2010 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 1200

2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 1200

2018 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 850

2019 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline 900 Turbo

2020 Ski-Doo Renegade X 900 Turbo - Manta Green

CURRENT SLED:

2021 Ski-Doo Renegade X 900 Turbo - Black

MISORVA member

AWSC member

#42 Sportsman1776

Sportsman1776

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Northern Wisconsin 2022 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR
  • Sled:with Expert Package

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:51 AM

If I wanted a two stroke I would look hard at this one. It seems like Polaris listened to what skidoo riders wanted from BRP and never got. 

^This is a great summary of my sentiments.

The Polaris gauge seems to be everything I hoped the new Ski-Doo gauge would be.

Ski-Doo needs to build a wide front (trail width), coupled (with un-coupling ability), tipped rail 146"-ish sled with multiple engine options to compete with the Switchback Assault.  I would be interested to see Polaris's sales figures.  Based on what I see in my area, this Switchback Assault formula seems to be popular.  I am hoping to get some miles on a Matryx Switchback Assault this winter.

I agree with the sentiments about the relationship I have with my dealer.  I get it.  Also, I have a lot of LinQ stuff and Ski-Doo apparel and know and like BRP/Ski-Doo's program, but if money was no object, I'd have ^this sled as well.  I know they make LinQ adapter plates for other brands.

In my mind, this new Matryx and the new 600 EFI are the most interesting thing going into this season.  That does not diminish how great the E-TECs and the ACEs are.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” - Henry Ford

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -  Benjamin Franklin 

Please help keep our trails open! - Keep your sled quiet, stay on the trails and get involved with a club!

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” - Albert Einstein

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

Two is one, one is none, three's a guarantee.

#43 postman24

postman24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Sled:2021 Ski-Doo MXZ X 850 Etec

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:27 AM

Almost jumped to the new Polaris VR1 when I spring ordered my 2021 MXZ X 850. The gauge is looks great, the color options beat the hell out of Doo, nice looking sled but the angles are a bit harsher than Doo. What kept me with Doo is the E-Tec engine, the Polaris 850 seems to be holding up well but just isn't as refined as the E-Tec. The pricing wasn't even close between the MXZ X and the VR1 with basically the same options. The marketing by Polaris on the new Matryx was done quite well but in reality, the Matryx is not all that different than the Axys. The suspension and front end are basically the same with a relabel on the shocks, the engine and clutching are the same. Bottomline; the new gauge is primo, the cockpit area was slimmed down more like a Doo and the headlights were upgraded a bit. Seems like it will be a nice sled but not enough real change and too high of a price compared to the Doo.

#44 ncapster

ncapster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9672 posts
  • Sled:18 MXZ-X 850 & 18 MXZ Sport 600 ACE

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:41 AM

The sled looks great and I agree that they have checked a lot of boxes that Doo has not.  My concern is that it's really still an Indy/Axys underneath that body work and I have not been impressed their reliability and quality based on first hand experience.  I will be taking a hard look at this sled when I'm in the market to buy next spring though.  I suspect Doo will be coming out with a major update to the G4 in 2022.  I'm expecting something similar to the XP/XS transition. 

X2

I'm hoping for the race sled's front end and maybe just maybe factory LED headlights like the entire competition has!

#45 maddog223

maddog223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Sled:4-stroke's only

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:56 AM

Put a 4 stoke in that chassis and I’d be interested. I like the look, nothing against Polaris or any other manufacturer but overall Doo gives me what I want in a sled.

OIF and OEF Veteran - U.S. Army CSM ( Ret.) 25 years

" retired, looking to ride every trail in Canada"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users