• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#1 scarpint

scarpint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1949 posts
  • Location:Homebase: Western Michigan, Snowmobile Camp: Northern Lower Michigan
  • Sled:2012 Renegade X 1200

Posted 30 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

Not sure if this will survive the mods, but as we wait for the flurries to fly...

With widespread vaccinations for Covid not likely until late winter/spring 2021, I'm thinking about how I intend to ride this winter, particularly with regards to stopping at restaurants and taverns.

Covid-19 is efficiently spread through respiratory moisture.  You know, the kind that condenses in your helmet.  I worry greatly about going into some confined bar with lots of helmets sitting on tables, hanging from the ceiling, dripping all manner of that aforementioned, respiratory moisture.

And FWIW, the people most likely to be asymptomatic carriers of Covid-19, the "young", are also the most likely to not really give a rat's arse about where their bodily fluids end up.

I'm thinking I'm pretty much going to avoid my beloved riding establishments this season, until a clear sign that imbibing there won't result in an unwanted Covid infection.

Is this reasonable, or paranoid?

The Stable...

1992 Ski Doo Formula Plus 583

1995 Ski Doo Mach Z 779

1997 Ski Doo Mini Z :smile_old: 

1999 Ski Doo MXZ 500

1999 Ski Doo Grand Touring 500

2009 Ski Doo MXZ TNT 500 SS

2012 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200

#2 ripsaw2

ripsaw2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Sled:2018 Blizzard 900 ACE 2019 MXZ TNT 600R

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:10 PM

There was already a thread on this. Pack a sandwich.

#3 Columbo

Columbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Sled:2009 Renegade 800r X

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:45 PM

Muffpot sales will skyrocket! 😂

#4 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27620 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:54 PM

If you're scared you should either stay home or take steps to avoid what scares you.

Me? I'm riding. The guy riding on my side if the trail scares me a lot more. ;)

And, as mentioned, this topic has already been discussed, feel free to take a read;

https://www.dootalk....room-and-covid/

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#5 IcutMetl

IcutMetl

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9096 posts
  • Interests:Boating, snowmobiling, machining, my dogs, and living life
  • Sled:2019 Freeride 154”

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:06 PM

Easy way to avoid the issue all together; well, two ways. Ride in a bubble, or not at all.

#6 scarpint

scarpint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1949 posts
  • Location:Homebase: Western Michigan, Snowmobile Camp: Northern Lower Michigan
  • Sled:2012 Renegade X 1200

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:08 PM

If you're scared you should either stay home or take steps to avoid what scares you.

Me? I'm riding. The guy riding on my side if the trail scares me a lot more. ;)

And, as mentioned, this topic has already been discussed, feel free to take a read;

https://www.dootalk....room-and-covid/

Thanks.  I'll check out the existing thread.

And to be clear, I'm riding no matter what.  Stopping and going into an establishment packed with sledders?  Highly unlikely. 

The Stable...

1992 Ski Doo Formula Plus 583

1995 Ski Doo Mach Z 779

1997 Ski Doo Mini Z :smile_old: 

1999 Ski Doo MXZ 500

1999 Ski Doo Grand Touring 500

2009 Ski Doo MXZ TNT 500 SS

2012 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200

#7 Superman

Superman

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 7149 posts
  • Interests:outdoors
  • Sled:Aye fiddy 19 FR 146,

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:28 PM

I havent worried from day 1, not gonna live in fear, im healthy, take my vitamins and eat healthy. If i get it, i get it. Im riding, if restaurants n motels are shut down, ill pack snacks and sleep in my trailer. Outdoors is the ultimate social distancing any way, and i like about 3 people and beverages anyway......

You know you raised your son right when you start the sleds and he says 'Dad, I love that smell!!<p>If you don't turn around to look at your sled when you walk away, you bought the wrong sled!<br><br>
I partied with Jeff Ross

#8 Empire087

Empire087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, paintball, drift cars, guns, go fast stuff
  • Sled:2019 Pro rmk 155 800 Silber turbo

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:15 PM

Well the simple fact is the cdc had found that most people arent a symptomatic in the first place.  Now what will cause real issues are the people that know they are sick but choose to go public places anyways.  Your not going to get rid of those people in the first place, so why worry about it?  Also I cant tell you the last time i went to an actual bar that was packed snowmobiling.  For better or for worse theres usually a ton of space, or i just stay off the beaten path.  Then again Its a pretty rare day you see me out going restaurant hunting anyways. 

2015.5 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 LT LML

2019 Pro RMK 155 2.6 800 Silber turbo, bdx turbo clutching Jegan wagon(Idk if im gonna call it that yet lol}

50208247183_f5e30c9eee_z.jpg

Ride 906!

#9 00PowderSpecial

00PowderSpecial

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Sled:Summit 850

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:25 PM

What better way to get away from crowds and enjoy the outdoors! Never did see the point in going to restaurants and bars on sled tho. Get out and into the woods, have a fire and make some deadly meals trailside. All last spring while this was going on my 4 year old daughter and I would head out almost daily in April/first of May and go for picnics as she calls it. No better way to get away from people! Make the best of it!

#10 Nooski

Nooski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Archery, fishing, ATV, bird and deer hunting, avid golfer,
  • Sled:2014 GSX SE 600 Etec

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:33 PM

Not sure if this will survive the mods, but as we wait for the flurries to fly...

With widespread vaccinations for Covid not likely until late winter/spring 2021, I'm thinking about how I intend to ride this winter, particularly with regards to stopping at restaurants and taverns.

Covid-19 is efficiently spread through respiratory moisture.  You know, the kind that condenses in your helmet.  I worry greatly about going into some confined bar with lots of helmets sitting on tables, hanging from the ceiling, dripping all manner of that aforementioned, respiratory moisture.

And FWIW, the people most likely to be asymptomatic carriers of Covid-19, the "young", are also the most likely to not really give a rat's arse about where their bodily fluids end up.

I'm thinking I'm pretty much going to avoid my beloved riding establishments this season, until a clear sign that imbibing there won't result in an unwanted Covid infection.

Is this reasonable, or paranoid?

My wife's oldest brothers son has been in a coma for over two weeks with covid.  Has blood clots and infections.  Machine breathing for him is all that is keeping him alive.  Doesn't look good.  No prior medical conditions.  Do what you feel you need to do to stay safe.  Pack a thermos and lunch.  Gas station hot dogs and coffee will look good.

#11 Follow My ROTAX

Follow My ROTAX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Sled:02 MXZ 800 Adr,67 Oly 250,71 399 Olympic

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:40 PM

My wife's oldest brothers son has been in a coma for over two weeks with covid.  Has blood clots and infections.  Machine breathing for him is all that is keeping him alive.  Doesn't look good.  No prior medical conditions.  Do what you feel you need to do to stay safe.  Pack a thermos and lunch.  Gas station hot dogs and coffee will look good.

Prayers out for your Nephew hope all goes well for him and your family. 

:: THEY ARE ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE AND ARE MADE TO BE RIDDEN ::

#12 Pit Grunt

Pit Grunt

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8367 posts
  • Interests:ADMIN
  • Sled:2020 900 ACE Renegade DOOTALK sled

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:47 PM

If this thread goes to political...... It will be deleted.  Just like all the rest. 

WE RIDE !!!

#13 turbopete

turbopete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4012 posts
  • Interests:75 RV drag sled,
    76 RV 250/340's(3)
    77 RV's(a few!)
    78 Sonic,
    78 TNT 340 F/A,
    86 Formula Plus
    87 Formula Plus
    90 Plus 500
    91 Plus (2)
    93 Plus X's (2),
    93 Plus EFI(sold)
    80 Blizzard 7500
    90 Mach 1
    91 Mach 1
    92 Mach 1 (project)
    92 Mach 1 X
    94 Mach 1
    94 Grand Touring (2)
    95 Mach 1 (2)
    96 Formula Z
    97 Formula 500
    98 XC 700
    91 Phazer 2
    77 Elan Deluxe
  • Sled:2012 MXZ TNT 600

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:11 PM

One thing that was mentioned on another thread, lots of people with extra disposable income due to working from home, not taking vacations, and here in Canada at least, people getting generous payments resulting in extra money to burn. Some sled dealers selling out early and used sales up, the point was we may see some extra busy trails this year, and perhaps a lot of new people. We may have to ride with that in mind, and be a bit more defensive on the trails. 

#14 850Gage

850Gage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride, 2017 Renegade

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:21 PM

I know two who have died. 6 who have been infected, recovered with little side affects. My son is a D-1 athlete in the best shape of his life, no pre-existing conditions and is suffering to recover.

All of you who say you cannot live in a bubble or you’re not worried about getting infected, I wish you to rethink your stance. This is real. I wouldn’t wish the effects of COVID on anyone.

#15 airwolf

airwolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Sled:2019 850 Renegade XRS, 18 XRS 850

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:17 AM

Live Life or hide in a bubble....

Turn off the tv and enjoy your life...  

I'm Mask free and traveled several states this last 6 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users