21 xrs 850 129 pipe DP or Jaws???? - Page 2 - REV-GEN 4 - MXZ Performance Trail 129/ Renegade 137 - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

21 xrs 850 129 pipe DP or Jaws????

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 lakerunner

lakerunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Sled:19 Blizzard 850

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:14 AM

Lots of broken springs with the jaws and no customer service to resolve it !

Wow, Jason and Greg about the most helpful dudes out there from my experience.  What type of resolution were you looking for?

#17 LeeL

LeeL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2206 posts
  • Sled:2021 expert 154 turbo

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:18 AM

Slp low elevation works very nice . Dynoport works great also

#18 Laken Perfomance

Laken Perfomance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1764 posts
  • Sled:14 XRS 800R 129 11 600x 08 600X 04 600x

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:57 AM

Wow, Jason and Greg about the most helpful dudes out there from my experience. What type of resolution were you looking for?

Jason said we have some that are doing that and don't know why at this time . Check back with us in a month ! Great customer service ! Lol ! What he should have done was said send me some pictures ,if no obvious problems send me a new pipe and springs . I think that would have been fair . I ordered the pipe from them in early December and received it early January 2019.3 sets of spring in 2400 miles (1 set in 1000 miles at home 2 sets while doing a 1400 mile trip )

#19 lakerunner

lakerunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:11 AM

Jason said we have some that are doing that and don't know why at this time . Check back with us in a month ! Great customer service ! Lol ! What he should have done was said send me some pictures ,if no obvious problems send me a new pipe and springs . I think that would have been fair . I ordered the pipe from them in early December and received it early January 2019.3 sets of spring in 2400 miles (1 set in 1000 miles at home 2 sets while doing a 1400 mile trip )

That's too bad you didn't follow up with them. I think the solution was a simple tweaking of the spring tab and a bead of silicone along the spring.  Sounds like you got some good miles on the pipe though.  Probably more Jaws 850 pipes out there than all the rest put together.

#20 Couch1

Couch1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1945 posts
  • Sled:2019 Mxz Blizzard 600R

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:39 AM

Very happy with slp pipe also

#21 A7M266D

A7M266D

Ski-Doo Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13274 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, motorsports, motocross, wake surfing, aviation.
  • Sled:BCXRS

•    

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

Had the opportunity to run Jaws and SLP. Lots of controversy’s around the Jaws. For me it didn’t perform nor it’s previous owner or the owner after that. Tends to make me believe 1 of two things. Production consistency is off which doesn’t surprise me given my experience since the late 90’s with Jaws or the pipe doesn’t really work and most of the gains are from the clutching guys run.

My jaws pipe added zero, zip, zilch to my sled in terms of RPM gain or performance gains during Data logging.

The SLP made the sled want to rev easier and rev through the weight easier. The throttle response is more snappy and required pivot weight to decrease peak rpm.
Please like and share my Youtube channel for more content.

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#22 FastEtek

FastEtek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Sled:---ID 800—-Boosted900TURBO💨

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

Had the opportunity to run Jaws and SLP. Lots of controversy’s around the Jaws. For me it didn’t perform nor it’s previous owner or the owner after that. Tends to make me believe 1 of two things. Production consistency is off which doesn’t surprise me given my experience since the late 90’s with Jaws or the pipe doesn’t really work and most of the gains are from the clutching guys run.

My jaws pipe added zero, zip, zilch to my sled in terms of RPM gain or performance gains during Data logging.

The SLP made the sled want to rev easier and rev through the weight easier. The throttle response is more snappy and required pivot weight to decrease peak rpm.

Great feedback guys! Thank u. So I’m crossing jaws off the list. I guess I will get the DP pipe ordered up for it and possibly get a SLP ordered to try out also. I have a 18 test mule back up 850 129 that is stock besides studs to compare also.

#23 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

Great feedback guys! Thank u. So I’m crossing jaws off the list. I guess I will get the DP pipe ordered up for it and possibly get a SLP ordered to try out also. I have a 18 test mule back up 850 129 that is stock besides studs to compare also.

And thats the correct way to do things. One step further, clutch first then the pipe..

#24 Jason Reny - Jaws

Jason Reny - Jaws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sled:G4 850

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:28 PM

Hey guys. I don’t like posting on here too much, but if anyone has had issues with springs etc that problem was addressed early and anyone who contacted me got help. If I didn’t get back to you my sincerest apologies, our only goal is satisfied customers.
I’m not going to sit here and defend anything, I know the results have more than done the talking.

I have said this before and I will repeat again if you run Jaws products and have ANY issues contact me and we will get you squared away. That includes setup advice.

I’m not hard to reach. [email protected]

#25 AlanLaporte

AlanLaporte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:Sledding
    869hp gt500
  • Sled:2018 xrs renegade 2018 Bcx 2020 Bcxrs

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:56 PM

I put dp on 0 rpm gain multiple tries and races no gains.
Put jaws on 250 300 rpm gain. Added 2 grams pulled multiple sleds on test mule. Just my 2 cents

#26 Laken Perfomance

Laken Perfomance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:37 PM

That's too bad you didn't follow up with them. I think the solution was a simple tweaking of the spring tab and a bead of silicone along the spring. Sounds like you got some good miles on the pipe though. Probably more Jaws 850 pipes out there than all the rest put together.

I did try the bead of silicone after the first set of springs but wasn't about to bend a set of tabs on a 1400 mile trip and risk a break down so I just changed the springs on day 3 and found 2 broke and other 2 1/2 wore thru . When I got back off came the pipe and only had to change the weight in the p drive .2 grams to get back to proper rpm . I ran dynoport pipes on 800 s in past and never had any issues .

#27 Laken Perfomance

Laken Perfomance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:47 PM

[quote name="Jason Reny - Jaws" post="23484725" timestamp="1600291701"]

Hey guys. I don’t like posting on here too much, but if anyone has had issues with springs etc that problem was addressed early and anyone who contacted me got help. If I didn’t get back to you my sincerest apologies, our only goal is satisfied customers.
I’m not going to sit here and defend anything, I know the results have more than done the talking.

I have said this before and I will repeat again if you run Jaws products and have ANY issues contact me and we will get you squared away. That includes setup advice.

I’m not hard to reach. [email protected][/quote

Jason I ran a clutch setup from Kory Reed that you worked with and promoted and while the clutching was good both stk and with your pipe the spring problem was real and your response was as true as I stated while I don't have a recorded conversation I do have phone records I can get to prove to you that we did speak? I also have a bad welded front bracket that was shipped to me ( and never used ) that you did replace before I put the pipe / y pipe combo on . $800 pipe should be zero issues !

#28 drdoo55

drdoo55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Sled:2013 MXZX 800 ETEC

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

I really don't think this is the place to be throwing businesses under the bus I think it would be really good to get your problems worked out other ways not here! Just my 2 cents

#29 lakerunner

lakerunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:17 PM

I really don't think this is the place to be throwing businesses under the bus I think it would be really good to get your problems worked out other ways not here! Just my 2 cents

Best comment yet

#30 FastEtek

FastEtek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Sled:---ID 800—-Boosted900TURBO💨

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:19 PM

Best comment yet

I’m about to say screw it and just do a pipe shootout this winter and get one of each!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users