• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lemonbomber

Lemonbomber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:I'm not an alcoholic, I just believe it's still safer to drink beer than water
  • Sled:2015 Renegade Backcountry/Black

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:35 PM

Hey some of you old dogs must've had some knee replacements by now I'm guessing. 

So I'm looking at getting at least the one , probably both same time if I can sometime in the next year. My problem is the Spring checked sled I have coming in October! I am not going to miss out on my fav time of year and breaking in a new BC XRS.

I'm finally getting to see the surgeon in October. Maybe a November surgery or December early. 

So most times lately here in Maine sledding doesnt really get going until late January maybe February some years. 

Anyone that has the surgery or if you're a doctor can you shed some light on whether riding is going to be possible this year? I don't mean just trail riding either. I'd have to get into camp and be able to get around. And what about getting stuck or just lifting it around the garage or the trailer? Or getting the wife unit unstuck?

They are just killing me but I think I could do all that as good as I did last year but wouldn't it be nice to be pain free? 

Just suck it up and wait till mud season at end of April?

Have some friends that don't ride and said they are up the same day as surgery and healed pretty quick whatever that means.

Had shoulder and hip replaced 2 years ago and rode those 2 seasons no problem but the surgeries were June and August of '18. Familiar with some of the routine.

Any advice?

#2 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27514 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

Did you happen to see this thread? We sure are an old bunch here on DooTalk! :lol:

https://www.dootalk....88895-knees-20/

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#3 Lemonbomber

Lemonbomber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:I'm not an alcoholic, I just believe it's still safer to drink beer than water
  • Sled:2015 Renegade Backcountry/Black

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:07 PM

Did you happen to see this thread? We sure are an old bunch here on DooTalk! :lol:

https://www.dootalk....88895-knees-20/

Wow . Didn't really think there were so many in the same boat. OMFG Canada WTH?  I forgot so many of you guys were from north on Maine! Not to get Political but it says something to me when people come from a "free healthcare for all!!!! countries" and have to come to US to get what some call "substandard service" here.

In my opinion after 60 years of healthcare including every thing from checkups to replacement parts I defy anyone to find a place that gives the quality care and timely service we have in the great USA. Timely and quality are some components I don't want to skimp.

Following that thread closely . Thank you much 

MX-Z Man

#4 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27514 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, kind of crazy how long they have to wait for some stuff.

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#5 tundrafreak

tundrafreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Sled:16 Blizzard 900 Ace, 12 600 X

•    

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:11 PM

I had my knee replacement in June & was riding my motorcycle by August. This was 2010. Snowmobile season wasn't a problem. We ride a lot. 10 years later still going strong. Good luck.
  • krm likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users