#16 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27481 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:21 PM

Sleds are flying out the door? How do you know this?

Easy, look at the sky and you'll see them flying...geez.

Seriously though, just stop at pretty much any dealer, business is pretty brisk.

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#17 kruuuzn

kruuuzn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Sled:'15/16 X-Gade's, '17 Blizzard, '17 TNT

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:00 PM

Seriously though, just stop at pretty much any dealer, business is pretty brisk.

Maybe SXS and ATVs, but there’s plenty of cancelled SO’s already here in the Midwest according to dealer ads/solicitations. I’ve seen the same overpriced leftovers and used late model sleds for months now........but I like the optimism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 Brad460

Brad460

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Motocross and snowmobiles
  • Sled:MXZ6 and ZR6

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

I realize the market was hot for boats, rvs, ATVs, dirt bikes...but do we know the same demand has carried into snowmobiles?

#19 tjmaxx

tjmaxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Sled:2017 renegade adrenaline 1200

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:27 PM

A sled I was looking to buy sold out from underneath me. I stopped and looked at it on a Thursday. The sales manager messaged me Friday letting me know I should put a deposit on it if I want it cause they had two more leads on it come in over night. I thought he was bsing me but it sold that night

#20 tundrafreak

tundrafreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Sled:16 Blizzard 900 Ace, 12 600 X

•    

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:32 AM

Screenshot from Facebook Chase Toys in Unity, Maine. Also drove by Moms in Groveton, NH and their parking lot (big as their American Flag Huge!)was empty except for two trailers & a few used sleds. No new units (Polaris/AC/Husqvarna) in sight for SxS, ATV, Trailers and Tractors. Lemeuix's in Colebrook, NH the same. Dalton's in Lancaster, NH skidoo had lots of inventory. No idea on incentives. Glad I ordered my accessories this summer for my Spring Order.

Attached Images

• Screenshot_20200915-122305.png

#21 srocher

srocher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Sled:2021 Renegade 850 XRS (on order)

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:37 AM

According to my dealer, the insanity that drove ATV and PWCs sales has carried into sleds, albiet at a slightly lower pace.    He said if this keeps up he will be sold out of new units before the season begins.   

2020 Renegade 850XRS 

#22 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27481 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:23 AM

I realize the market was hot for boats, rvs, ATVs, dirt bikes...but do we know the same demand has carried into snowmobiles?

Locally it sure has - go talk to your dealer. I just bought a new SxS. I shopped a bit to find a deal that worked for me so I was in a number of different dealers - same story at all of them, business is crazy brisk.

I also have my sled on Craigslist. Its supposed to be sold but its not delivered so I haven't canceled the ad yet. I'm getting a bunch of inquiries on it, some even from dealers.

Maybe things are different in other areas, here its busy.

Having said that, if you want a 2019 Cat those still sit where they were 2 years ago. PM me if you're looking.

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#23 Yamdoo

Yamdoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Sled:Backcountry 850

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:11 AM

Screenshot from Facebook Chase Toys in Unity, Maine. Also drove by Moms in Groveton, NH and their parking lot (big as their American Flag Huge!)was empty except for two trailers & a few used sleds. No new units (Polaris/AC/Husqvarna) in sight for SxS, ATV, Trailers and Tractors. Lemeuix's in Colebrook, NH the same. Dalton's in Lancaster, NH skidoo had lots of inventory. No idea on incentives. Glad I ordered my accessories this summer for my Spring Order.

Small world, MOM's Groveton was the dealer I was referring to in my earlier post. I use Lemieux's myself, and highly recommend them. I am 30 minutes from Lemieux's and an hour from MOM's, both great representative dealers for their brands. We will be looking to trade one sled as the winter closes but there may not be anything my wife wants available at come February. Perhaps a snow check for her to start next year instead.

#24 tundrafreak

tundrafreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Sled:16 Blizzard 900 Ace, 12 600 X

•    

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:21 AM

Small world, MOM's Groveton was the dealer I was referring to in my earlier post. I use Lemieux's myself, and highly recommend them. I am 30 minutes from Lemieux's and an hour from MOM's, both great representative dealers for their brands. We will be looking to trade one sled as the winter closes but there may not be anything my wife wants available at come February. Perhaps a snow check for her to start next year instead.

Small world for sure. I'm in Island Pond & use Lemeuix's too. Waiting on my spring order. I gave my accessory list to them this summer to make sure they could get everything. Really super dealer imo. I like Mom's too. Love the BIG US Flag!

#25 SShooterZ

SShooterZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Sled:2017 Arctic Cat ZR8000 Sno Pro

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:31 AM

Local dealer still has an abundance of 2020's and even a few 2019's. At pretty good prices too.

#26 jak

jak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Sled:2021 Renegade X 900T

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

According to my dealer, the insanity that drove ATV and PWCs sales has carried into sleds, albiet at a slightly lower pace.    He said if this keeps up he will be sold out of new units before the season begins.   

I see the same thing. Why do you all think things are like this? With all the BS going on you would think just the opposite?

#27 dsupercat

dsupercat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Sled:Skidoo

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:50 AM

Local dealer still has an abundance of 2020's and even a few 2019's. At pretty good prices too.

Arctic Cats??

#28 Yamdoo

Yamdoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Sled:Backcountry 850

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:10 AM

I see the same thing. Why do you all think things are like this? With all the BS going on you would think just the opposite?

If you go with the US Govt Bureau of Labor Statistics the unemployment rate is 8.4%, which would mean there is a 91.6% employment rate. Even if that number is incorrect it shows how many people are still working and getting paid. Factor in that you can't, or maybe don't want, to physically travel, that creates pent up demand for travel vacation replacements. I see as a factor which created the increased interest in snowmobiles, SxS, boats, motor homes, trailers. Just like with toilet paper when it was scarce, the manufacturers aren't going to add mfr lines to cover the increased demand because it could be short lived and they would have unwisely spent capital on a temporary (unsustainable) need. Add to that a mfr like Yamaha that announced earlier in the season they would not make in season units (preseason orders only) and you again limit current model year sellable unit availability. Add to that Ski Doo's dominance over market share and the need to have large incentives, at this time in the season, isn't as strong. No need to take less profit if you are going to sell every unit anyway.

It's kind of like saying to the people on the Titanic "Hey see that iceberg, wanna buy a guaranteed seat on a lifeboat or wait to see what's available later?"

#29 fz58317

fz58317

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • Sled:2017 Enduro 1200

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:45 PM

If you go with the US Govt Bureau of Labor Statistics the unemployment rate is 8.4%, which would mean there is a 91.6% employment rate. Even if that number is incorrect it shows how many people are still working and getting paid. Factor in that you can't, or maybe don't want, to physically travel, that creates pent up demand for travel vacation replacements. I see as a factor which created the increased interest in snowmobiles, SxS, boats, motor homes, trailers. Just like with toilet paper when it was scarce, the manufacturers aren't going to add mfr lines to cover the increased demand because it could be short lived and they would have unwisely spent capital on a temporary (unsustainable) need. Add to that a mfr like Yamaha that announced earlier in the season they would not make in season units (preseason orders only) and you again limit current model year sellable unit availability. Add to that Ski Doo's dominance over market share and the need to have large incentives, at this time in the season, isn't as strong. No need to take less profit if you are going to sell every unit anyway.

It's kind of like saying to the people on the Titanic "Hey see that iceberg, wanna buy a guaranteed seat on a lifeboat or wait to see what's available later?"

Great analogy but, if those people on the Titanic were smarter they wouldn't have spring ordered a first model year superliner, just saying.

#30 SShooterZ

SShooterZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Sled:2017 Arctic Cat ZR8000 Sno Pro

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:54 PM

I think people are tired of sitting at home and are looking for a way out. Plus, if they're travelers, that probably have some disposable funds from cancelled trips and/or plans. Definitely an interesting situation though.

Arctic Cats??

8 - Arctic Cats (5-2020, 3-2019)
18 - Polaris (11-2020, 4-2019, 3-2018)
33 - Ski Doo (31-2020, 2-2019)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users