Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Always looking for information

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Ski Dog 
#1 ·
I spring ordered a 2021 900T...... i'm very interested in learning all i can about my new machine.

I have been following a number of different thread topics, there seems to be lots of good information that needs to be digested and understood.

I have a couple of questions........what is the proper/best way to break in one of these motors to ensure all the internals are able to provide maximum reliable use.

Does anyone have a p/n for the BRP service manual for a 900T, can't seem to find one.

Thanks in advance.........keep all the good information coming in all the other threads.

rob

#8 ·
boosted 4 strokes are not the same as na

big differences

#9 ·
If you follow the break in procedure in the owners manual you’ll do just fine. Listen to an engineers spec versus old wives tales that came from another era. With the close tolerances, accurate plateau finished bores, and the close control of ignition and fuel they don’t need much break in now, so it’s not an agonizingly long period before you can flog the daylights out of it.

#10 ·
With the 900T, I would not run wide open for miles on end for the first 500 miles, other than that, run it as you normally would. One other recommendation is after every ride weather it be a Drag Race or Trail Ride, is to let the engine idle for a few minutes to cool the turbo.

Bob

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
With the 900T, I would not run wide open for miles on end for the first 500 miles, other than that, run it as you normally would. One other recommendation is after every ride weather it be a Drag Race or Trail Ride, is to let the engine idle for a few minutes to cool the turbo.

Bob
Yup. This is after a 15 mile pull on a rail grade varying between 70 and 90mph. This was taken with roughly 3,000 miles on the sled...NOT during break-in.
6e4ae9d0dcd9cc48044e24f8c95758f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yup. This is after a 15 mile pull on a rail grade varying between 70 and 90mph. This was taken with roughly 3,000 miles on the sled...NOT during break-in.
6e4ae9d0dcd9cc48044e24f8c95758f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mine looks like that pretty much every time I get home.

When I get home I pull up by the garage and leave the sled idling. Next I go in and take my stuff off, then back the sled in. Give the darn thing a few minutes to cool down.

Heck I even let it idle for a little bit when I pull into the gas station.

Reactions: bar549
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.