Slp magnum weights - REV-GEN 4 - MXZ Performance Trail 129/ Renegade 137 - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Slp magnum weights

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:19 PM

Anyone on here try them, trail application?
Looking at them to mix into my set up for the hard shift down low if they actually do that. I run alot of traction , looking for that hole shot advantage if they work.
If you have a favorite weight you like, add it. Just don't like the magnetic style weights, or any side load weight. Turns tuning into a headache for no reason.
I've used these style on polaris with great results.

#2 A7M266D

A7M266D

Ski-Doo Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13274 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, motorsports, motocross, wake surfing, aviation.
  • Sled:BCXRS

•    

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:26 PM

The Dalton 4 stroke weights for the 900 work well too.
Please like and share my Youtube channel for more content.

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:40 PM

The Dalton 4 stroke weights for the 900 work well too.

Interesting. I beirfly looked them over. Care to explain. Dalton makes quality products for sure.

#4 RAB123

RAB123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Sled:Summit

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:43 AM

those Dalton weights are all adjustable from what i see on their web site

http://www.daltonind...s.com/index.php

#5 grover

grover

Fuzzy but not Blue........

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10416 posts
  • Sled:'10 1200XR TnT, '05 500ss

Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:26 AM

SLP new turbo weights

https://www.starting...-doo-turbo.html

-grover

Edited by grover, 05 September 2020 - 09:38 AM.

Clutching: Northern Catalyst S8R8 kit (Dynamo Joe Stuff)

-LIFE

Just passin' through........

#6 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 10:56 AM

Biggest concern with slp is they mostly do mountain stuff. These would be for fast trail at low elevation.
1" track type set up. Last yr I run the Goodwin weights and precision adjusters. Solid set up, just like mixing things up.

#7 slimjohnson

slimjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Ripn it, pounding it,getting it. Going faster-and getting there before the next guy-or girl.
  • Sled:2017 850X modded

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:12 AM

I ran a set of those for a short time, for me they were not what I was looking to do. Not enough bang for the buck-little to no gain. Got rid of them on e-bay and went with a hrss set up. Sure it cost more , but I am headed in the right direction- still more tuning yet. One more thing that I noticed- the bushings did not last very long, only ran them half a winter if that, and they were pretty rough-sure they sell bushings but one would think they should be good for a few thousand milees.

Edited by slimjohnson, 05 September 2020 - 11:24 AM.

#8 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

Poor quality parts don't work for me either.
The hrss weight changes are made how.
I dont do kits, no fun in that for me.
The slp shift the same as stock?

#9 slimjohnson

slimjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Ripn it, pounding it,getting it. Going faster-and getting there before the next guy-or girl.

Posted 05 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

On top of the other things that I mentioned, even with all the weight thrown on I was still over revving. Biggest reason for ditching them. Should mention that motor was not stock...

#10 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 03:36 PM

On top of the other things that I mentioned, even with all the weight thrown on I was still over revving. Biggest reason for ditching them. Should mention that motor was not stock...

Turbo?

#11 slimjohnson

slimjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 04:41 PM

No turbo, as much as I like two strokes I am thinking about a 900 turbo for my next sled. Just need to ride one to see if I can deal with it.... it will need to dialed up though.

#12 RAB123

RAB123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Sled:Summit

Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:27 AM

I ran a set of those for a short time, for me they were not what I was looking to do. Not enough bang for the buck-little to no gain. Got rid of them on e-bay and went with a hrss set up. Sure it cost more , but I am headed in the right direction- still more tuning yet. One more thing that I noticed- the bushings did not last very long, only ran them half a winter if that, and they were pretty rough-sure they sell bushings but one would think they should be good for a few thousand milees.

the HRSS weight bushings don't last ? ...... I thought they were some kinda of precision bushing from Germany ? 

#13 slimjohnson

slimjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 07:39 AM

HRSS bushings are fine -was referring to slp magnum weight bushings.

#14 A7M266D

A7M266D

Ski-Doo Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13274 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, motorsports, motocross, wake surfing, aviation.
  • Sled:BCXRS

•    

Posted 06 September 2020 - 08:39 AM

Personally have tried. Heel clicker - great for drag racing not my cup of tea for trails makes the sled too loaded and sluggish to rev. Maybe more tuning would make better results but went with the recommendations from them and did a little fine tuning. They did put like 4 mph in my 20.5 if not more can’t remember now.

HRSS pdm (original) work nice in the sled always crisp and snappy. Not a huge fan of magnet weights and found stuff that worked better for me.

Tried Goodwin setup in 2017 so memory is a bit fuzzy but not enough gain to justify expense for me.

The 007 weights from Howard’s with a dalton red/white/black primary and dalton red secondary were one of my favorites.

Dalton turbo 900 weights were played with late in the 2020 season with favorable results but more tuning time required. Also testing was not done by me just feedback. I’d probably explore this if I was looking to dump the clickers.

Have also run the dalton 850 weights with favorable results over a couple seasons. Takes a bit of time to get dialed in and somewhat a pain to remove them for each adjustment. So I would explore the turbo weight with the slugs more myself.
Please like and share my Youtube channel for more content.

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#15 LeeL

LeeL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2206 posts
  • Sled:2021 expert 154 turbo

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

I tried the dalton ramps also they are very tuneable but they are not for the faint of heart average joe . And a pain to have to remove to add weight. They perform nice , if you are buying magnet style weights just make sure you buy extra magnets and Change them once a year .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users