After market exhaust on new truck - Page 4 - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

After market exhaust on new truck

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27488 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:21 AM

395hp/410# torque vs 375hp/470# torque

I'll gladly give up 20hp to gain 60# torque.

HP sells, torque gets the work done.

Need more evidence? Our motorhome weighs around 30,000#. It has a Cummins ISL rated at 400hp, just 5 shy of the Hemi, but its also 1200# torque.

Put the Hemi in the motorhome and I'm thinking not much good would happen. Our last gas motorhome had 425# torque and it struggled in the big hills.

With the Cummins it cruises down the road and climbs the Rockies with ease.

Its not the HP making that happen, its TORQUE.

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#47 Scott0700

Scott0700

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Sled:Renegade

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:39 AM

I enjoy a good debate but I have to chuckle a little when there is a debate about what gas motor pulls better. Pull with a diesel once and you will never go back.
As to the original topic: I think the exhaust is best left stock. Have friends who have tried various aftermarket exhausts and they all seem to have a drone in the cab.
Perhaps they did this on purpose because it made me always insist on driving when we go riding.

Edited by Scott0700, 11 September 2020 - 05:42 AM.

#48 suvy800

suvy800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Sled:2015 e tec 800 renegade

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:34 AM

I think we need more Detroit Diesel swaps for daily drivers.

Nothing quite like the sound of a Detroit screaming to wake the neighbors.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#49 suvy800

suvy800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Sled:2015 e tec 800 renegade

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:41 AM

Wait a minute.....
Is thread about aftermarket exhaust or torque/hp?

#50 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27488 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:31 AM

I enjoy a good debate but I have to chuckle a little when there is a debate about what gas motor pulls better. Pull with a diesel once and you will never go back.
As to the original topic: I think the exhaust is best left stock. Have friends who have tried various aftermarket exhausts and they all seem to have a drone in the cab.
Perhaps they did this on purpose because it made me always insist on driving when we go riding.

100% agreed. I've been semi-actively looking for a new Super Duty. I considered giving the new 7.3 gasser a shot. Wednesday night I hooked up my trailer and headed to Home Depot to pick up 3 ton of pellets. I'm no longer considering the 7.3. I'm not saying it's a bad engine, it's just the 6.7 is soooo good. 

Wait a minute.....

Both, as the aftermarket screamers may have an effect on the HP and TQ. ;)

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

#51 groo

groo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6311 posts
  • Sled:2015 Expedion SE 1200

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:05 AM

100% agreed. I've been semi-actively looking for a new Super Duty. I considered giving the new 7.3 gasser a shot. Wednesday night I hooked up my trailer and headed to Home Depot to pick up 3 ton of pellets. I'm no longer considering the 7.3. I'm not saying it's a bad engine, it's just the 6.7 is soooo good. 

Both, as the aftermarket screamers may have an effect on the HP and TQ. ;)

3 tons of pellets is the heavy hauling that requires a 6.7? I'd haul heavier than that with my 2 door Wrangler.

#52 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27488 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

Nope, it how easy it did it. Literally no difference between loaded and empty, none.

Biggest load I've ever towed was 14 square of shingles, a Bobcat Tooolcat, all the ladders, compressors, etc to do a roof, and 5 guys and their gear. That was a big load, handled with easy.

Biggest payload only was a 300hp electric motor in the bed.

Most of the time my truck gets used as a truck.

My F150 is a car with a box.

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

#53 6100D

6100D

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 2722 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,Hunting,Fishing,Beer,My Wife, not in that order though>>>
  • Sled:2020 XRS 900T Unlimited Manta Green

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. Had 3 different diesel trucks, all Ford and then went to gasser>>>>>>Am considering going back to diesel even though I really might not need it very much but when you doo>>>>>Torque is a addiction>>>>>> :D  :D

" Age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying you."

"If you haven't grown up by age 60,You don't have to."

#54 Caper11

Caper11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1770 posts
  • Sled:2016 Summit X 174 Yellow

•    

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:43 AM

My F150 is a car with a box.

Exactly, thats how I look at half tons, especially with V-6 engines in them, not enough weight in the front end when they are loaded heavy.

A v-6 with an aftermarket exhaust sounds terrible, been there done that 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Summit SP blue/black, SHOT start, Enzo suspension, munster ski bushing savers, Custom clutching.

#55 Caper11

Caper11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1770 posts
  • Sled:2016 Summit X 174 Yellow

•    

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:53 AM

The transmission won’t let the engine lug to 2500 rpm? What are you talking about?? I can tell you my ecoboost pulls my 9000lb boat a hell of a lot better than my ecoboost did. Grocery getter? You don’t have a clue!

Not hard to figure out actually if you do alot of heavy towing, pay attention to your engines and transmissions operating, what rpm is the engine turning with your foot to the firewall on a heavy pull?

The transmission is the downfall to the rams performance, it does not matter if it a diesel or a gas engine, rams transmissions suck and they need to get with the times.
I have not heard any feedback on the 8 speed in the new 1500 ram.

Yes, the eco boost is a grocery getter engine, they put in in small cars and do not put it in HD trucks. Ford, Chev, Ram have some impressive gas v-8’s in there HD trucks.

This is a exhaust thread. A V-8 will ALWAYS sound better than a V-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Summit SP blue/black, SHOT start, Enzo suspension, munster ski bushing savers, Custom clutching.

#56 IcutMetl

IcutMetl

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9004 posts
  • Interests:Boating, snowmobiling, machining, my dogs, and living life
  • Sled:2019 Freeride 154”

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:15 PM

Wait a minute.....

I think it’s turned into another “My opinion is better than yours” thread.

#57 honda400ex2003

honda400ex2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5843 posts
  • Interests:fourwheeling, sledding, fishing, snowboarding, anything outdoors
  • Sled:2015 mxz x-rs 2006 mxz

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:26 PM

I was just looking at the MBRP last night for the 6.6 gasser GM.  I may end up pulling the trigger on one some time in the future for mine.    either the MBRP or another magnaflow if/when they come out with one.  

Throw a CAI and an exhaust on it and see how much it does for the new engine to let it breath through something other than that big suitcase underneath the truck. 

Steve

2015 Black XRS 800- Estart, QA, caddy, 1.6" ice cobra, grip & rip braces, Petschke y pipe, rave valve mod, Diamond S can, 2° advanced timing, Reed's clutch kit, 26 tooth top gear, TS skis, Hygear dual rate front springs and torsion spacers

2006 MXZ 800X- SPI head and header, MCB dual rings with extra oil holes, 7 hole base gasket, vforce reeds, 2" challenger, floater secondary, 23/45 gears, Bill Cudney clutch kit, caddy, extended from 121

2009 MXZ 500SS- studs, grip & rip braces, summit seat, 1" riser, TNT shocks, WOT rack with roto-pax tank and LINQ medium doo bag on top, RAS2 front suspension

#58 Doo1000

Doo1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Sled:2019 Renegade 900 ace

•    

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:51 AM

Grocery getter..."already then Ace..." :P

"Charlie don't Sled"

0 user(s) are reading this topic