2021 pistons - Page 2 - REV-GEN 4 - MXZ Performance Trail 129/ Renegade 137 - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

2021 pistons

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 syracusestars37

syracusestars37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Moto, sledding
  • Sled:19 850X 129 Pro40s

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:49 AM

Is design change and design flaw the same thing?

BRP are hard up on quality, so I can't see them changing suppliers unless there is a major problem that directly affects warranty claims. I have yet to see any signs of problems with the pistons, so I don't see any hint of this happening. So with the same supplier, how would any lower cost translate to a different part number?

I'm with Ken that a part number change was more likely an update. Was it an update to fit both NA and turbo? If the part number is the same for both, then I would guess it was an update. Like DJM said, I haven't heard of a problem with the pistons on the NA engine. Have any of you?

They are not the same IMO. Generally one costs the company a lot of money. The other one generally has an upfront cost in tooling followed by healthy reductions in said component cost.

#17 krm

krm

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 16665 posts
  • Interests:building/racing sleds krm 432 driver graham coombs ,brandon colgin ,brett burns #217 moto cross ,Pro stk dirt cars ,Ken Martin Driver
  • Sled:,19 900t 20,850xrs 21 850x21900t x

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:58 AM

Cost efficiency ,they've been doing it for years with the pwc ,and other stuff .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users