#1 RevRacer800

RevRacer800

Summer Sucks.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4003 posts
  • Sled:2019 Skidoo 850 TNT

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:50 PM

Just seen that the big east show has been canceled for the year. Was expected with all the BS going on but still sucks.

#2 mxzscotty

mxzscotty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts
  • Interests:Proud Union Member
  • Sled:2019 E-TEC 600 R 1969 olympic

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

I went to it last year and thought it was pretty much canceled :mellow:

#3 xdude

xdude

I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • Sled:2017 MXZX 850, 2017 Blizzard 600 (wife)

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:18 PM

Starting to wonder if the Novi show will be cancelled too

#4 bar549

bar549

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5447 posts
  • Interests:#1 - Wife & Daughters, WKA Kart Racing, Nascar, Drag Racing, Slot Cars, Machining
  • Sled:2016 Blizzard 900 ACE

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

I bet it will be!

Bob

My Build: "2016 Blizzard 900 ACE Build & Tune" N.A. - Dyno @ 111 H.P. Click Link for Details <p>https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1435138-2016-blizzard-900-ace-build-tune/

:thebee: My Clutch Videos: For the beginner and the seasoned veteran, these are a must see!  

#1- E-Drive 2 Primary Disassembly  https://youtu.be/NVEv_owtvkI  #2 - E-Drive 2 Primary Reassemble  https://youtu.be/QRVFdoTPORo  #2.5 - Review  https://youtu.be/olr7Dt8BVA8

#3 - QRS Disassemble  https://youtu.be/AOR4eaXkt_s  #4 - QRS Reassemble  https://youtu.be/g-Ik1e_hK6k  #5 - Wrap up and Setting Secondary Tension  https://youtu.be/ajM23xea_Rs

#5 Nater2004

Nater2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Sled:2019 Backcountry 850

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:25 AM

Starting to wonder if the Novi show will be cancelled too

Gosh i hope not... 

Talked to a guy at Nelson's in Greenville, MI. Sounds like Snomotion is cancelled to for those that visit that every year...

#6 Bedlam Bikes

Bedlam Bikes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1561 posts
  • Sled:2021 VR1 129er

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:04 AM

First it was Epping, then Haydays and now Big East.
Novi and Milwaukee are coming next, and we're certain of it. (Toronto will be cancelled as well pretty soon.)
They are just both a little later in the season so naturally their cancellations will be announced slightly later.
I work at all 5 of these shows and its just frustrating to see them all being terminated.

Some smaller venues have also been cancelled already, like Massachusetts SAM show.

#7 Bedlam Bikes

Bedlam Bikes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1561 posts
  • Sled:2021 VR1 129er

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:10 AM

I went to it last year and thought it was pretty much canceled :mellow:

It was pretty bad last year.  We really got screwed over last year hard by the New York State Fairgrounds. We were supposed to be in the much larger  brand new, state of the art Expo center, but they overbooked the facility with a RV camping show and the snowmobile show was the one to get the boot into the archaic Center of Progress Building which was actually 30% smaller than the old downtown location. Booth sizes were forced to be smaller with less inventory, etc... 

#8 skidoo6002018

skidoo6002018

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Sled:2018 renegade 600

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:39 PM

S.A.M show canceled Springfield mass

#9 XP123

XP123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7418 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, Golf and being a Grandpa
  • Sled:2019 XRS 900T 2019 X 900T

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

I got a great deal on a pair of Klim BOA boots there last year and the wife picked up a few things.

The shows really aren't that great anymore because you could pretty much get stuff cheap online and have it delivered to your door.

I still go though because I always run into people I haven't seen in years and others I look forward to see once a year.

I always felt the Fall shows were a great way to kick off the new season. Unfortunately nothing feels the same anymore and the sport is dwindling and if the new left has it's way there will be no future for snowmobiling or any other recreation. :(

I don't like what I ride because I own it.
I own what I ride because I like it.

#10 krm

krm

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 16640 posts
  • Interests:building/racing sleds krm 432 driver graham coombs ,brandon colgin ,brett burns #217 moto cross ,Pro stk dirt cars ,Ken Martin Driver
  • Sled:,19 900t 20,850xrs 21 850x21900t x

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:15 PM

Everything will be a No Go because of Insurance cost .Here now in NYS they are trying to pass a law that State Police need their own liability insurance .so the state is covered from lawsuits .

#11 skirider

skirider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3406 posts
  • Interests:GOING FAST
  • Sled:2016 XRS 800

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

Shoot that stinks ive been going every year for the past 10+ years. Was always good to get back in mood. Have a couple 10 dollar beers after paying 10 to get in and 10 to park. Lol. But i did always enjoy walking around.

#12 chez-nous cest skidoo

chez-nous cest skidoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:family-fishing - boating & now sledding
  • Sled:2019 RENE-X 900t, - RIP, 2017 MXZ-X 1200

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

First it was Epping, then Haydays and now Big East.
Novi and Milwaukee are coming next, and we're certain of it. (Toronto will be cancelled as well pretty soon.)
They are just both a little later in the season so naturally their cancellations will be announced slightly later.
I work at all 5 of these shows and its just frustrating to see them all being terminated.

Some smaller venues have also been cancelled already, like Massachusetts SAM show.

I hope they dont cancel the toronto show ,... 

we only had 103 new covid cases since yesterday,... numbers are still dropping slowly

cheers

#13 Layman

Layman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Riding, a very little bit of golf, and being a dad.
  • Sled:2020 Renegade X 600R 1.5 IR

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Shoot that stinks ive been going every year for the past 10+ years. Was always good to get back in mood. Have a couple 10 dollar beers after paying 10 to get in and 10 to park. Lol. But i did always enjoy walking around.

That is not true.  the beers were only like $7.  LOL.   

#14 skidoorevxp

skidoorevxp

Ford hater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18425 posts
  • Sled:rev800, 2015 gade backcountry 600

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:01 AM

It was pretty bad last year. We really got screwed over last year hard by the New York State Fairgrounds. We were supposed to be in the much larger brand new, state of the art Expo center, but they overbooked the facility with a RV camping show and the snowmobile show was the one to get the boot into the archaic Center of Progress Building which was actually 30% smaller than the old downtown location. Booth sizes were forced to be smaller with less inventory, etc...

I was told by a couple vendors (both “current” and previous) that the “double booking” excuse posted by snogoer/the show, was actually due to how poor the reservations were, if you remember, how much of that floor space was tied up from skidoo, Polaris, Yamaha, klim and 509.... that was over 1/2 of the show. Snogoer has killed that show, and any criticism you give them bans you from their fb page (I commented during the show on the post they posted about how “great and busy the show was” and said about how poor the show was, and they banned me on their page)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pin it or die type stuff there.. Nothing worse than coming around a corner and seeing a freekin pond that's the entire way across the trail and 50 yards long. Oh and of course the lip at the exit point on the pond is about a foot high straight up and your wife is right behind you on her sled and you say "PIN IT and KEEP IT PINNED!"... and she says "what?".

Tic knows how to pin it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I’m sick of snow

#15 DareDog

DareDog

E-Tec Rules

• DOOCrew
  • 32275 posts
  • Sled:2010 600 Etec

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:13 PM

I was told by a couple vendors (both “current” and previous) that the “double booking” excuse posted by snogoer/the show, was actually due to how poor the reservations were, if you remember, how much of that floor space was tied up from skidoo, Polaris, Yamaha, klim and 509.... that was over 1/2 of the show. Snogoer has killed that show, and any criticism you give them bans you from their fb page (I commented during the show on the post they posted about how “great and busy the show was” and said about how poor the show was, and they banned me on their page)

well you did comment a lot on there posts

Current Fleet:
1998 Formula III 700-14,000 Miles
2004 600ho- 18,300 Miles
2005 500ss- 9,500 Miles
2010 600 HO Etec- 13,000 Miles

2016 600 HO Etec Blizzard-7,500 Miles 

2016 600 HO Etec Blizzard- 5,000 Miles

2017 600 Ace Blizzard - 1,350 Miles 

(2) 1975 245 RV