#16 RFH

RFH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Sled:2016 Enduro

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

The rail mounted ski doo ones are what I have on my 146 2" track are great.  Don't bother with the cable variety. Most times all you will need to do is run one down and you will get all the lube you need.  Bare ice I will run two. 

#17 Skiddles27

Skiddles27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sled:19 backcountry 850

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:06 PM

I've got a 19 bc that I've pounded on for the last 2 seasons all ive done is put a dj clutch kit and some venting sled would be absolutely fine if left alone though

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#18 Cains Guest

Cains Guest

Cains Guest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • Sled:850 XRS , 850 XX

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:09 PM

northern manitoba lots of groom trail swaps lakes

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Your G 4 has a stronger bulkhead and weaker rails then your G 3. Not an issue just pointing out what the folks that race them are finding. Rail scratcher as mentioned are standard needs with a 2" track. I needed more lighting on high beam, extra fuel capacity and a sensible windshield for -20C and beyond. Great sleds your going to like it. 

#19 hemidoo

hemidoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • Interests:Quebec and Vermont trail/Adventure rider
  • Sled:Black 2019 BC XRS

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

The rail mounted ski doo ones are what I have on my 146 2" track are great.  Don't bother with the cable variety. Most times all you will need to do is run one down and you will get all the lube you need.  Bare ice I will run two. 

Ditto ...  I find the same thing 

#20 Yamdoo

Yamdoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Sled:Backcountry 850

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:09 AM

I'm with you on wishing for more fuel. I'm lucky that I "can't run out" as my riding partner is on a Pol RMK so he needs to find gas way before I do.  That being said I wish I could carry a gas can just in case. I am running the 2 position slim bag with a shovel on top which leaves no room for a gas can. Anyone have a solution that allows you to keep the slim bag/shovel?

Edited by Yamdoo, 13 July 2020 - 07:10 AM.

#21 850Gage

850Gage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride, 2017 Renegade

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:54 AM

Doo makes scratchers with and without replacement tips (tunnel only).  How long does a set of non-replaceable tip scratchers last?  Granted, the amount of use will determine life expectancy so lets say the scratchers are down for 500 miles. 

I'm debating whether to get rail mount vs. tunnel with replacement tips.   

#22 ktmkirby

ktmkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Anything with two wheels or skis or paddles, Mountain Climbing.
  • Sled:2020 850 BCXrs

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Doo makes scratchers with and without replacement tips (tunnel only).  How long does a set of non-replaceable tip scratchers last?  Granted, the amount of use will determine life expectancy so lets say the scratchers are down for 500 miles. 

Mine were done after one season.

#23 RFH

RFH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Sled:2016 Enduro

Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:13 PM

I had the tunnel mount on my renegade before converting it to a 146" T motion and putting on the rail mount.  I prefer the rail mount over the tunnel mount.  They definitely kick up more ice and it is further forward on the skid.  A lot of the spray off the tunnel mount go out to the sides and never end up in the suspension. 

#24 MXZ600NUT

MXZ600NUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • Sled:2018 900 Gade

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:11 PM

I have 2 sleds with the tunnel mounted. 10,000 miles on each sled, no replacement tips needed. I have the rail mounted Doo ones on my backcountry. I like them better as they are further up the skid for better cooling.

#25 AlanLaporte

AlanLaporte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Sledding
    869hp gt500
  • Sled:2018 xrs renegade 2018 Bcx 2020 Bcxrs

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:19 AM

I also have rail mounted scratchers. Broken 3 sets. I don't like the looks of the tunnel mount but I am considering for next year.

#26 skidoorevxp

skidoorevxp

Ford hater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18425 posts
  • Sled:rev800, 2015 gade backcountry 600

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:53 PM

Doo makes scratchers with and without replacement tips (tunnel only). How long does a set of non-replaceable tip scratchers last? Granted, the amount of use will determine life expectancy so lets say the scratchers are down for 500 miles.

depends on how “lazy” you are, I’ve ran my non-replaceable metal ones on my 15, they have about 300 miles on them... but when I get to a super low “rocky” area, or a road crossing, I’ll stop and put them up and cross the road(s) or rocky area, then drop them back down. They still look brand new and no worn metal, and they throw snow like mad into the suspension and track and make a huge difference in operating temps in hard pack conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pin it or die type stuff there.. Nothing worse than coming around a corner and seeing a freekin pond that's the entire way across the trail and 50 yards long. Oh and of course the lip at the exit point on the pond is about a foot high straight up and your wife is right behind you on her sled and you say "PIN IT and KEEP IT PINNED!"... and she says "what?".

Tic knows how to pin it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I’m sick of snow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users