BRP Covered a problem when sled was out of warranty - REV-GEN 4 - MXZ Performance Trail 129/ Renegade 137 - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

BRP Covered a problem when sled was out of warranty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smgunning

smgunning

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Motorcycles
  • Sled:2018 MXZ X 850

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:17 AM

I'm asking anyone who had an item covered by BRP when their sled was out of warranty - What was your approach?  How did you get it done?

Did your dealer take care of it? 

Did you call customer service? What was your approach with them? 

I'm looking for guidance on the best way to handle a broken crankshaft with BRP and try and get them to cover it. 

Thx

#2 fire/medic

fire/medic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Golf and snowmobiling
  • Sled:2017 Renegade x 1200, 2021 Enduro 900

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:33 AM

I had this happen on my 2011 etec 800. My sled was under the piston recall but also had to have the crank replaced. So all this work was done at the end of a season, the first ride the next winter I was on trail 3 in the UP by the Mosquito bar and the sled went into limp mode. The end result was the stator was bad and took down an injector as well. I had it all fixed at the dealer and told them I really feel this was their fault as they had the stator and flywheel removed. The dealer was very receptive and gave me a discount off parts and labor. The price went from $1300 down to about $400. They also told me to start a claim with BRP as well, two months later I get a check from the dealer for $380 saying BRP agreed with my claim. Sled had 5000 miles and 2 years out of warranty. Now it may have helped that the factory recall was done right before this happened, I will never know if the stator was just put on wrong or if it was just bad timing. I was very nice when I called BRP and explained what happened, she emailed me a form to fill out about what exactly what went on and I emailed it back. It was a very easy process. It really helps to have a good dealer as I imagine they called the dealer to verify all work and dates to make sure everything lined up. Hope this helps.

#3 krm

krm

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 16304 posts
  • Interests:building/racing sleds krm 432 driver graham coombs ,brandon colgin ,brett burns #217 moto cross ,Pro stk dirt cars ,Ken Martin Driver
  • Sled:,19 900t 20,850xrs 21 850x21900t x

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

Depends what the issue is ,But you must start with a dealer .

• djm likes this

#4 vinci_78

vinci_78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Sled:2019 Summit 850, 2020 EXP SE 900T

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

In my experience the dealer usually covers the bill for problems out of warranty. If you a platinum dealer you have bi-yearly goodwill allocation. Really nice to have to help customer out. BRP also sometimes covers problems that were known issues. All that to say I think you best bet is to find a dealer that will actually go to bat for you. If that fails then pester BRP. Goodluck and peace. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users