eternalwinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Snowmaching, fishing, photography, hotrods
  • Sled:2019 Summit X 850 165 3"

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:26 PM

Was looking to see if anyone had any input on the Team Tied on the 850's?  How was backshift, heat between the two clutches, what springs and helixes worked better?  What did you end up with in the primary. Did a search on every forum out there and didn't find anything...  Just wondering what people have found.  Thanks.

#2 TheGreyGhost

TheGreyGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Sled:Summit

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

Was looking to see if anyone had any input on the Team Tied on the 850's? How was backshift, heat between the two clutches, what springs and helixes worked better? What did you end up with in the primary. Did a search on every forum out there and didn't find anything... Just wondering what people have found. Thanks.

Not the answer you’re looking for but I personally find the stock clutching is pretty good. I cut my clutch cover a bit and it honestly runs a lot cooler. I ran tied on my XP’s and XM and worked just the same as my 17 G4........ and I don’t remember what I had for weights

Live fast or die last

#3 cetaneaddict

cetaneaddict

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts
  • Interests:Flat or hill it don't matter
  • Sled:08 800R, 779, 03 F7, 98 809

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:28 AM

also with the team secondary you will lose overdrive. just food for thought. so you may need to change gearing some.

#4 DITCHBANGERPRO

DITCHBANGERPRO

Descending doooowwwwnnnnn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts
  • Interests:breakin trail,lending buddies my shovel
  • Sled:Khaos on order

•    

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:27 PM

ran a tied on my xp, i really liked it and put 10,000 miles mostly offtrail and never touched it except a spring change once. zero belt issues.

#5 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Making new tracks in fresh snow.
  • Sled:Lynx Boondocker RE 3900

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:51 AM

Have had a tied clutch on previous sleds, (still have it, will get a Team shaft to put it on the 850 this summer), Biggest difference is that you won't have to change rollers and helix bolts all the time. 

The Tied clutch is as bullet proof as anything on a sled can be, my Tied clutch has around 10 000km on it and is as new still.

A Fourstroke is about as useful as a football bat........

#6 DITCHBANGERPRO

DITCHBANGERPRO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

•    

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

Have had a tied clutch on previous sleds, (still have it, will get a Team shaft to put it on the 850 this summer), Biggest difference is that you won't have to change rollers and helix bolts all the time. 

The Tied clutch is as bullet proof as anything on a sled can be, my Tied clutch has around 10 000km on it and is as new still.

100%. After having some bad QRS luck(and seen others) I will never use one again. Team has never let me down.

#7 eternalwinter

eternalwinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

Yes, I've run a Tied on a 07 800R but haven't heard many people using them on the 850's and just seeing if there was any one out there willing to talk about it.  I have found that the stock clutching, especially at the lower elevations, is very lack luster. Too much revs and not much happening.  I did do quite a bit of testing and trying with the QRS and have lots of time on them but, like mentioned above, the life span on the QRS bushings is crap.  After about 700 miles of hard work they are done and the rest of the system falls from there.

I don't think the loss of "overdrive" is a worry for a mountain sled.

Ran a floating clutch on my XP and XM for 5000+ miles and it worked well.  Just haven't heard of anyone talking about using a Tied on the 850....

#8 eternalwinter

eternalwinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

Bump.

#9 Caper11

Caper11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts
  • Sled:2016 Summit X 174 Yellow

•    

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:59 PM

I know people who have tried it on a 850 summit. The recommended setup from team has not changed over the years. It Takes alot of money to “find” the proper helix and spring, Trust me I know.
I gave a recommended setup of mine to a buddy that had customers running tied’s, in their 850’s, He is Way happier with the results.
The tied is still not worth the money IMO, I have owned a tss04, a tied, and my brother did both as well against my advice, these were on 800’s and a 872 trygstad, he went back to the qrs.
The qrs flat out works and works very well when properly setup.
If you want to spice up your 850, give Dynamo joe a call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Caper11, 19 September 2020 - 09:00 PM.

2019 Summit SP blue/black, SHOT start, Enzo suspension, munster ski bushing savers, Custom clutching.

#10 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:10 AM

If I already had the "ordinary" Team secondary I wouldn't spend money upgrading to a Tied. I've had both, the difference isn't that dramatic.

But having the "stuck on shaft QRS" I would take any chance I got to go the floating Team direction!

I'm not saying the QRS doesn't work...occasionally.... I'm just saying the Team will work all winter without having to worry about it. 

A couple of years ago my GF got her first sled. It was a -10 Renegade 600 (e-tec), with roughly 8k km on the clock. For fun I put on the Tied conversion kit I had since my 154" FR 800-days. Just bolted axle and clutch in using same spring and same helix as for the FR. 

The Team clutch had at the time roughly 2k km more on it than the QRS I took off. 

....I think I doubled the track hp. Track speed off trail upped 20km/h and packed trail accelereration felt brutal in comparison.

A new QRS might have had the same effect, but a TEAM that had 2k km MORE on it did this to the Renegade....

Edited by simnil, 21 September 2020 - 08:11 AM.

#11 TheGreyGhost

TheGreyGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:39 AM

Yes, I've run a Tied on a 07 800R but haven't heard many people using them on the 850's and just seeing if there was any one out there willing to talk about it. I have found that the stock clutching, especially at the lower elevations, is very lack luster. Too much revs and not much happening. I did do quite a bit of testing and trying with the QRS and have lots of time on them but, like mentioned above, the life span on the QRS bushings is crap. After about 700 miles of hard work they are done and the rest of the system falls from there.

I don't think the loss of "overdrive" is a worry for a mountain sled.

Ran a floating clutch on my XP and XM for 5000+ miles and it worked well. Just haven't heard of anyone talking about using a Tied on the 850....

I don’t feel like it’s needed on the 850’s. I agree I loved tieds on my 08, 09, and 13. It definitely “woke them up” the engagement was a little stronger then originally and definitely helped with “rip my arms off” feel aka torque. Now a properly setup 850 is a different story. With the correct clutching you can definitely get some added performance out of the 850. So the verdict is....no the team tied is not needed on the 850 unless maybe you are having some serious belt issues

Live fast or die last

#12 eternalwinter

eternalwinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for the replies.  The reason this is coming up is because I have had, what I feel, is less than good performance and consistent performance from the QRS set up.  I have tried several clutch kits and setups to try and better the ride.  Some have helped to have better engagement, better overall shifting, but belt temps (while lower than what I started with) are still not where I feel they should be.  But mainly I find that the bushings in the QRS have too short of a life.  I put 1200 miles of mountain/boondock riding on last year and had to replace the bushings twice because they were getting sloppy.  Just trying to see what others had run into with the Tied because I can get a kit from a friend that sold the sled he had it in but it's set up for a Rene so helix and springs will have to change if I do it.  Thanks again for the input and insights.

#13 TheGreyGhost

TheGreyGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the replies. The reason this is coming up is because I have had, what I feel, is less than good performance and consistent performance from the QRS set up. I have tried several clutch kits and setups to try and better the ride. Some have helped to have better engagement, better overall shifting, but belt temps (while lower than what I started with) are still not where I feel they should be. But mainly I find that the bushings in the QRS have too short of a life. I put 1200 miles of mountain/boondock riding on last year and had to replace the bushings twice because they were getting sloppy. Just trying to see what others had run into with the Tied because I can get a kit from a friend that sold the sled he had it in but it's set up for a Rene so helix and springs will have to change if I do it. Thanks again for the input and insights.

Another to note is it also helps to open up that clutch cover. I was extremely lucky with my 17 and that it never had any of the problems (besides the stupid Chinese drive chain continually stretching) and I never blew up a belt. I cut a small portion of the clutch cover off at the very bottom cause it was such a b!tch to take off. I also pulled all of the plastic shields out and all that helped

Live fast or die last

#14 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted Today, 04:27 AM

Finally ordered the TEAM-shaft, got it off E-bay. Hopefully the 1-2 months, (!?!?!?!?), expected delivery time turns out to be wrong!

So soon, (hopefully), I can upgrade my lynx by bolting in the ten years old Team Tied I have on the shop shelf  :)

That´s another thing wrong with the QRS when i think of it. Storing the moronic contraption whit that stupid fixed axle is a pain. It takes up 3x the space in she shop shelves than a separate clutch and axle. 

#15 DITCHBANGERPRO

DITCHBANGERPRO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

•    

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

Are there no Team dealers in Sweden?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 850, clutch, Team Tied, belt temp, secondary, floating clutch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users