I have an '81 Everest 503 with a single Mikuni carb that won't stay idling, it dies after about 10 seconds if I don't give it a partial primer pump or put my fingers over the carb throat.
- Dies from being too lean.
- Holding palm over carb throat or giving it a pump of the primer it starts right up.
- Playing with throttle and keeping RPM's above 3000 and it will run all day.
- Holding fingers across carb throat or putting a towel over carb throat and it runs all day.
- Giving it a little primer shot when it starts to die keeps it running all day.
- Adjusting idle air screw from closed to open 2 turns has no effect.
- Put new seals on both ends, same symptom as prior.
- Tried different carb, same symptom.
- Disconnected fuel pump pulse line at crankcase and plugged fitting, no change.
- Put on new carb boot, no change.
Any thoughts or tips?
Edited by bjp, 20 April 2020 - 05:42 PM.