boating
    flying
    motorcycling
    biking
    skiing
    hunting
  • Sled:2019 Backcountry

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

Hi!  Brand new to the forum and this is the first season I have ever ridden a Doo.  2019 Backcountry leftover with 850 146".  So far, 1455 miles and I am damned happy. 

I bought the Doo with the Linq baggage just for a trip to Gaspe.  I want to back pack but I want it guided with someone else planning the hotels, food stops, knowledge of the area, support, etc.  I'd be going there from near Philadelphia PA, which would probably take us up Rt 17 <?> thru Maine.  We've been going to the Moosehead region of Maine as well as the County for the past 15 years, so we are well aware of drive times, terrain, etc. 

That said, can anyone recommend an outfitter? 

Thanks!

Randy

Barto PA

#2 tundrafreak

tundrafreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Sled:16 Blizzard 900 Ace, 12 600 X

•    

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:01 PM

Bonvoyage Snow Adventures
I've gone with them to Gaspe & friend now guides with them. They use a trail truck & trailer and you don't even have to carry your luggage. Gary is owner.

https://www.bvsnowadventures.com/

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Edited by tundrafreak, 13 April 2020 - 05:02 PM.

#3 jersey guy

jersey guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Sled:B07 skidoo ren. 2016 ren 2002 leg

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:31 PM

Don’t need a outfitter start at river du loop go about 150 counter clock wise or go there other way go to Quebec by the sea becmaritime.ca. Easy

#4 jersey guy

jersey guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Sled:B07 skidoo ren. 2016 ren 2002 leg

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:38 PM

1200 miles around starting Rivière du loop all the way around and back. Start at hotel universal 6 days of snowmobiling .have done both directions. post something on this site many will sign up to go

#5 dcstewart77

dcstewart77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Sled:16 900ace TNT, 2021 Renegade X 900T

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

Bonvoyage Snow Adventures
I've gone with them to Gaspe & friend now guides with them. They use a trail truck & trailer and you don't even have to carry your luggage. Gary is owner.

https://www.bvsnowadventures.com/"

I second the suggestion of Bonvoyage. Tried to get a group of my riding buddies to do the Gaspe for years, never enough interest. So in 2019 just my brother and I signed up with Gary. Fantastic experience, rode with a group of 10 (including the guide). The pace was perfect, it was very relaxing vs my traditional saddlebag trips....zero worry about where we are staying the next night, gas stops, lunch stops, etc.

Cost with a chase truck/trailer (for luggage, oil, etc) was very close to doing it ourselves. All you really need to do is get yourself to RDL and the rest is taken care of.

We drove up through VT and then back the way of New Brunswick/Maine. Either way was fine, but the roads on the way south were in better condition (less expansion joint cracks, potholes on bridges in New Brunswick vs Quebec).

For a first time Gaspe trip a guided tour is a great option.

#6 182ray

182ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Sled:2020 850 Renegade X

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:00 AM

If you're from the Philly area take I suggest taking Rte 87 north through NY then Route 20 east in Quebec to RDL It's all highway driving

#7 ishoot

ishoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Sled:2019 Gen 4 Renegade X 850 Etec

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

I also would highly recommend "Bonvoyage Snow Adventures". Having gone with Gary on a number of trips including a few around the Gaspe, it is money well spent and would cost you the same or more if you did it on your own. 

If you can get a few of your riding friends together, (I believe 5 minimum) you could do a custom saddlebag Gaspe trip with Gary. He really knows the in and outs of Quebec snowmobiling and is very in tune with the Quebec snowmobiling infrastructure. He is also a great guy and has become a good friend over the years!

Always a memorable trip with Bonvoyage!

Dan

#8 05 doo

05 doo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Sled:2019 Renagade X 900 T

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

We did the trip two years ago and we planned each stop (gas food and lodging) all under $1,500.00 Canadian funds. Made a itinerary and worked very well. 2 people per room with 6 of us on trip. Made reservations 2 months in advance. Everyone put $800.00 into a account with a debit card set up to it. Payed each motel with debit card fore everyone all at once. This saved time and worked well. The $800.00 deposit confirmed everyone was committed.

All information is on their trail map including mileage.

#9 Rotax535

Rotax535

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sled:2020 Renegade 850 X

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:11 AM

The Great Gaspe Tour by Bonvoyage includes a support truck and trailer in case of sled failure. It is a long & expensive ride back to starting point with a bad sled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users