• 8954 posts
  • Interests:Boating, snowmobiling, machining, my dogs, and living life
  • Sled:2019 Freeride 154”

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:00 AM

Togwotee Mtn. Lodge
Lava Mtn. Lodge
Crooked Creek Guest Ranch
VRBO

Considering a group of 6 riders with mixed abilities/experience- where do you recommend staying, and why?

#2 hemidoo

hemidoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • Interests:Quebec and Vermont trail/Adventure rider
  • Sled:Black 2019 BC XRS

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:26 PM

Togwotee Mtn. Lodge
Lava Mtn. Lodge
VRBO

Considering a group of 6 riders with mixed abilities/experience- where do you recommend staying, and why?

We (4) went to Jackson hole a few years back . Stayed in town at the Lexington and did guided rides out of Togwotee lodge for 3 days . Groomed access trails and awesome mountain riding really close to Towwotee lodge. Staying in town worked great for us .

We've since been to Revelstoke 2 times, based out of Glacier house... not sure it can get any better . 367fffb891101563026dd4eeec205913.jpga1c63a0ffdcbdc47b394af34432e0c7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#3 hemidoo

hemidoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • Interests:Quebec and Vermont trail/Adventure rider
  • Sled:Black 2019 BC XRS

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:30 PM

Revelstoke 9be02d92146439e97e0aedb04dcf5d96.jpgdce2917fadfc0f4bd45a7653a48f044a.jpg2a354e3e459e3e075bdbfe4b01dbb405.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 IcutMetl

IcutMetl

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8954 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback; but we are going to Wyoming, not British Columbia.

#5 MotoXR

MotoXR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2849 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, Camping & Yeti's
  • Sled:Summit's, of course

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

Togwotee Mtn. Lodge
Lava Mtn. Lodge
VRBO

I'd make some calls before you hit the road. You may find that some of these places are shut.

Be safe out there

- Mike

#6 IcutMetl

IcutMetl

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8954 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:05 AM

I'd make some calls before you hit the road. You may find that some of these places are shut.

Be safe out there

- Mike

Next season, not this season. 

#7 MotoXR

MotoXR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2849 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, Camping & Yeti's
  • Sled:Summit's, of course

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:41 AM

In that case, Togwotee.  I'd ridden there a couple times (back in the mid '90), and you definitely won't be disappointed.  And Jackson Hole is a cool small town to check out. 

- Mike

#8 djm

djm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13602 posts
  • Sled:09 700HO TNT, 11 Summit 770HO, 850 Sum X

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:53 PM

Togwotee Mtn. Lodge
Lava Mtn. Lodge
VRBO

That is an interesting question.  All three places tie into the same basic riding areas, just at different points in them..   Is it a mixed group of husbands and wives, kids etc or 6 guys that are going?   I am partial to Crooked Creek but to be honest have not been to that area in a while.  Used to go out ever Christmas and would meet family from Washington State there and snowmobile for a week and a half.  Shortly after it was first build by the original owners. John Jr was a good friend of Toni Haikonen   And Toni also often spent the Christmas holiday's there getting ready for the X games as I recall.  Johnny would build a snow cross track out in the meadow past the fish pond for Toni to practice and tune on. 

One of my nephews met his wife there during one of these vacations, they were from Texas and had a cabin in the area; would come over on occassion to eat supper at CC. 

I think it is has been through a few hands since they lost it in a divorce settlement.  But recent reviews look to be good.  We always had good food there and the cabins were great,  It is a great place to ride out of, lots of off trail and trails. Always had good snow, but that would hold true for all three places.  I think the only time we were on the trails  was crossing them.  I would say the area is more moderate than the Snowy's near Laramie, not as much up straight up and down.  Great place to take the wife and kids or just to go exploring with a couple of buds.  We saw moose, elk and deer while riding there.  You could get into trouble if  you really tried though. Togwotee and Lava Mountain Lodges are closer to the highway withTogwotee bing right on the highway.  CC is a bit more remote, think I enjoyed that more.

#9 schreibdave

schreibdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1247 posts
  • Sled:2020 900 Enduro, 2019 850 TNT

Posted 31 May 2020 - 04:32 PM

I've been to Togwotee. The food is awful and the bar is pretty lame.  But if you are happy to ride and sleep it's a great location.

#10 revegade84

revegade84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3186 posts
  • Sled:'17 Summit 850 SP 154

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:48 PM

Togwotee has a corner on the market for great riding just miles out the cabin door. That is the only upside. Otherwise it's EXPENSIVE, small cabins, and crawling with non-sledder tourists.
The further down the mountain, the longer trail ride you'll have. I have not stayed at Lava mtn but their lodge is nice for lunch. There are also several cabins for rent across the road owned by mountain pinnacle properties. Around 20 miles of trails to good riding from here.
Further yet is crooked creek in union pass. There are also several very nice VRBO cabins in this area that we've stayed at. This is by far my favorite lodging but have to deal with a 30+mile trail ride each way. For any midwest guy it's not too big of a deal but the more I ride west the less I want to do that .
Message me if you want more info, I've been to the area many times.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users