Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Fuel pressure regulator 600/900 ACE

12K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  akman02 
#1 ·
This is the root cause of most fuel pump problems

Reactions: illurse
#8 ·
I was thinking it might rise to level of 'regular maintenance'. In the old days you could tell what the 'dirt' was on the single fiter that needed replacement. Not anymore.....
Yes i weill make this cleaning priority on all my sleds now on, knock on wood i never had a fuel pump fail on any of the XU's.

#10 ·
They were all earlier '13- '14 models, easy to see the film coating with a flash light, i'll get a picture of one once this virus is under control

#13 ·
#14 ·
Having purchased a replacement fuel pump from them, I had sent an email to Quantum about a fuel regulator for a 2016 900ace - they returned with this one saying it came up when they entered my machine info?:

https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-28317648-quantum-fuel-pressure-regulator-300kpa-for-ski-doo-mx-z-600-2004-2020-replaces-513033643.html

I did not order it though. It looks different than the one you have in your picture. Good job on the cleaning and thanks for the info.
We tried one of those this winter, it fits in the pump head but only regulates to 48psi, the sled will run but it lacks power/speed..like a plugged filter

Reactions: stephane1989
#15 ·
We tried one of those this winter, it fits in the pump head but only regulates to 48psi, the sled will run but it lacks power/speed..like a plugged filter
I have checked various manuals, but can't find the spec on fuel pressure for 900ace - would you happen to know it? I would like to send the info to the highflow people - given the same engine is used in multiple skidoos and seadoos, (and maybe those 3 wheeled motorcycles?) given the demand they might come up with a new one which is correct.

#16 ·
I have checked various manuals, but can't find the spec on fuel pressure for 900ace - would you happen to know it? I would like to send the info to the highflow people - given the same engine is used in multiple skidoos and seadoos, (and maybe those 3 wheeled motorcycles?) given the demand they might come up with a new one which is correct.
fuel pump for the 900 is the same as the 600, 58psi

#18 ·
I've come to find out alot of these fuel pump failures is not the pump itself but just faulty or blocked regulators, be nice to find an aftermarket regulator that fits/works?

Reactions: Icesleed
#19 · (Edited)
#20 ·
#21 ·
This one is 300kpa 43psi, the 600/900 well start but not run properly
Where are you getting the 300kpa 43psi from? I looked and could not find it.

The one I linked is for the SDI which is the same as ACE.

The E-TEC is the odd one that runs on 44 psi like the older autos.

#22 ·
Having purchased a replacement fuel pump from them, I had sent an email to Quantum about a fuel regulator for a 2016 900ace - they returned with this one saying it came up when they entered my machine info?:

https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-28317648-quantum-fuel-pressure-regulator-300kpa-for-ski-doo-mx-z-600-2004-2020-replaces-513033643.html

I did not order it though. It looks different than the one you have in your picture. Good job on the cleaning and thanks for the info.
It's the same part number as this one. SKU: HFP-PR1

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
#24 ·
Sent them an email three days ago hoping to get some info, but no response so far. Referred them to this thread and our local expert suv1. Hope they respond eventually - I can't fathom ordering a part from that far without knowing whether it is correct. The replacement pump was a no brainer and available at Royal Distributing. Sticking with cleaning the old one if I get around to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.