#1 Djetski225

Djetski225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Sled:2016 MXZX 600HO

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:56 PM

Had a request to post some info on the Relive App. I downloaded it a few weeks ago on my IPhone. Tried it out the week for the Maine Dootalk Ride. I am using the app that has the 30 day trial and after that it’s, $6.99 a month or something like that.

Here are a few observations:

The app works off GPS, so it does not require cell service, that’s a big plus for up here.

You can pause the trip anytime you want, if you stop for lunch, pause the app and then when you jump back on resume it.

You basically take pictures on the app as you drive thru your route. You can also do a short video clip, about 15 seconds or so. The app attaches your picture to the route as you travel thru. You can select which pictures and videos get loaded when you build the video at the end of the route.

I have found a few things: take more pictures that you think you need, you can always select what to attach when you build the video. The max speed on the video is pre populated based on GPS speed.
Next year, I’m gonna try to run one phone with the app and pause it at night, then resume each morning. I’m hoping that I can get the entire trip on one map, not sure if it will work, but going to give it a try. Then run another phone with the app for each day trip.

Overall, the thing works great and I really like it. I would not have an issue paying the few bucks a month for it. I can see it being a cool thing to do with the kids on the boardwalk at the beach, or at a theme park like Disney.

Here are a few links to the videos I built this week:

https://www.relive.cc/view/vXOnEXd1L5v

https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvrDY8AVx6

https://www.relive.cc/view/vE6Jd8L7Dgv

https://www.relive.cc/view/vDqgJd4emG6

#2 mikmaze

mikmaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2666 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, quads, diesel performance, sledding, Bourbon!
    sold:2003 mxz800
  • Sled:2009 MXZ 800R ADRENALIN

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:04 PM

thanks, I appreciate it, I d loaed it today, and did a test run out to parsipanny and back to fairfield.    one thing I noticed is that when you take a pic, you have to accept it or it does not store it.    It does store them nicely in a seprate folder in gallery which is sweet.

#3 Skioutty

Skioutty

East Coast Tony

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPip
  • 51724 posts
  • Interests:Obviously snowmobiling!
    ATV's
    Cutting trees & firewood
    Most DIY stuff
  • Sled:2020 900T XRS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:08 PM

I did one of my drive home today, Millinocket Maine to Wayne NJ.
Free version of the app.
Very cool, thanks for posting Djetski

https://www.relive.cc/view/vZqNNpD253q

f71762337ccf0c33dd71f6cbfe60c1dc--badges             rotating%20can-am.gif 49a32012ba348129e43bc509332344f6.jpg                   

Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching!

#4 mikmaze

mikmaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2666 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:30 PM

average 60 m,ph, you were movin bud!     that app is the coolest I've seen in a while, wonder what it would take to get it to overlay using snowmobile trail map as the base map with trail numbers listed?

#5 Djetski225

Djetski225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Sled:2016 MXZX 600HO

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:59 AM

I’m not sure what it would take to do the overlay map if even possible. It uses a sat map to complete the overlay that is pre populated.

As for average speed, we were hauling for quite a while, but I think 60mph average is a bit high. Not sure where you saw the 60mph average, at the end of each video, the highest I saw was 20 something? I figured we were running a 25-30 average. The trails were great, could not ask for much more.

Edited by Djetski225, 14 February 2020 - 06:07 AM.

#6 mikmaze

mikmaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2666 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

the 60 average was Anthony coming back from Maine n his video.   The app is slick enough, guess I',m just dreaming to do an overlay with the trails map.

#7 mikmaze

mikmaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2666 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

did two videos over the weekend, they are posted in the cny section as that is where I was riding.   Learned 3 things, make sure to "accept" hit ok, after each picture is taken or it won't embed the photo,   Use the pause/ resume feature so as not to just kill your average speed while ya have lunch etc don't foget to resume after a break or you will miss a bit of your ride.    and finally, don't bother taking pics in portrait mode,  hold the phone sideways and take em all landscape that way they show up better when you view them. 

you can of course view the trip video in full screen mode, but go back to non full and scroll through your pictures of the trip.

if I suggest anything to the app developer it would be to remove the step of accepting the pictures along the way, it is not needed and is just an extra step.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users