34 replies to this topic

#1 the-pope

the-pope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Sled:02 zr 800cc/98 mach 1

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

I have had my oxygen for almost two seasons. I have paid 800 plus tax canadian, and I believe this is the worst helmet I have ever owned. Since I have owned it I have had the visor replaced due to moisture between lenses. My other issue is the glare at night, it is so bad I can hardly see. The glare is right in the middle of my lense and when theres alot of snow dust it's like a white out. I have resorted to buying a bvs2 to wear, I will not wear or sell this helmet due to I believe its a safety concern. The dealer ships don't want to do have anything really to do with it and tried to email bro with no luck. What is the thoughts out there about this helmet and what is bro doing about this? Info would be greatly appreciated

#2 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2551 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:50 PM

I have had my oxygen for almost two seasons. I have paid 800 plus tax canadian, and I believe this is the worst helmet I have ever owned. Since I have owned it I have had the visor replaced due to moisture between lenses. My other issue is the glare at night, it is so bad I can hardly see. The glare is right in the middle of my lense and when theres alot of snow dust it's like a white out. I have resorted to buying a bvs2 to wear, I will not wear or sell this helmet due to I believe its a safety concern. The dealer ships don't want to do have anything really to do with it and tried to email bro with no luck. What is the thoughts out there about this helmet and what is bro doing about this? Info would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the club. It's a pile of junk.
Packed mine away before it kills me. Brp didnt really care.

#3 the-pope

the-pope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:54 PM

Thats what I'm kind of finding out. And Dealers want your money and do nothing more.

#4 andym2001

andym2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Sled:2020 XRS 600R ID

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

I have to say it’s NOT a pile of junk. I was in a bad wreck about a month ago wearing my oxygen. It saved my life. It cracked on the rear edge. For it being a lightweight helmet it’s tough as hell. Doctors said they’ve seen more brain trauma from lesser crashes.

Dealer support has been second to none for me. Haven’t had issues, but my dad had a bad lens.

Everyone has their opinion about things. There are two sides to every coin.

Stay safe out there guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 XRS 600R 129 Iron Dog

19 XRS 600R 129 Iron Dog

2004 Elite #265

1999 XCR 800

1996 XCR 600

1995 XCR 600

#5 Pit Grunt

Pit Grunt

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8425 posts
  • Interests:ADMIN
  • Sled:2020 900 ACE Renegade DOOTALK sled

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

Take shield to your dealer. If a haze in the shield they will replace. Had same problem.

WE RIDE !!!

#6 RPG

RPG

RPG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle Touring
    Snowmobiling
    Spending time at the cottage
  • Sled:11'GTX1200,13'GSX1200SE,14Rene1200

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

I have to say it’s NOT a pile of junk. I was in a bad wreck about a month ago wearing my oxygen. It saved my life. It cracked on the rear edge. For it being a lightweight helmet it’s tough as hell. Doctors said they’ve seen more brain trauma from lesser crashes.
Dealer support has been second to none for me. Haven’t had issues, but my dad had a bad lens.
Everyone has their opinion about things. There are two sides to every coin.
Stay safe out there guys!

I bet that helmet you’re wearing in your profile pic would have protected you just as well. Glad to hear you’re ok!

Procrastinators unite!!.........tomorrow.

#7 Drifter #4

Drifter #4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Snow and things that go on fast on Snow
  • Sled:20 XRS 850 Renegade

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

I LOVE MINE, sorry your having a tough time with it.  put it online and sell it.  we had to look around to find the last couple we wanted so.... some people like em.  Good luck  

#8 74Craig

74Craig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24599 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,craft beers,beer,
    Racing
  • Sled:2016 Cross Treck 6000,2019 Enduro

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:04 AM

Wore mine for the first time yesterday,wow what a great helmet to wear with glasses!

#9 namakan

namakan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Sled:17' TNT 900 Ace, 18' 600 Ace Sport

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:48 AM

I bought an early one in 2018 and the original shield was clouded like it had a film of oil on it. Dealer ordered three additional shields all of which appeared to be scratched right in the middle of your view. My dealer agreed to take it back after having it for 6 months although in my case it was never actually used. I would press your dealer for a refund if they can’t fix it.

#10 Husky-Doo

Husky-Doo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:I drink leftist tears
  • Sled:850 mxz xrs

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

Awsome helmet, works as advertised warm quiet and lightweight!
Did blow a fuse the third time I used it but probably coincidence not related to helmet
I DRINK LEFTIST TEARS

#11 the-pope

the-pope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

I wondering how many of you guys are riding at night with it? I also run a brp led add on. In the day light its good just at night it is real bad

#12 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2551 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

Most guys don't ride at night, that's why we do. Way less trail drama.
Spend 5 hours riding after this pile of a helment would really change there minds. But whatever, just be warned

#13 grimm

grimm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Sled:2018 MXZ TNT 850, 2016 MXZ X 1200 RIP

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:35 PM

Have you tried contacting BRP yourself? There is a help number and contact info on Skidoo's website. Be professional and persistent...state you want your money back. Maybe even mention your thread on Dootalk. Definitely mention your dissatisfaction with your Dealer.

I wouldn't accept mediocrity after spending so much...don't just put it away. Don't the new helmets have a 5 year warranty?

#14 scphilli

scphilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Sled:MXZ

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:29 PM

If you have a good dealer, they will take it back

#15 Tcrawf088

Tcrawf088

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Sled:2015 m8000, 2015 mxz 600 sport

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:55 PM

I do alot of night time riding, being going or coming back from ice fishing. And also just cruzing as the trails are alot quieter. I've noticed a glare but not bad enough to ruin my ride or obstruct my view at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users