2010 600HO etec, mag side no compression - Page 2 - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Performance Trail 120-129 Inch Models - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

2010 600HO etec, mag side no compression

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Daag44

Daag44

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 24841 posts
  • Interests:1973 Olympic
  • Sled:2007 1000 SDI

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:42 PM

I don't think it is the seals since it has twice as many end seals than a conventional crankshaft found on Polaris, Arctic Cat and older Rotax engine that don't use Isoflex. Aside from having to deal with the greased bearings, the double seals is a sweet setup to prevent a lean condition. For that particular failure I would look at at combination of 2 or more things like intake boots, fuel pressure, stator, injectors, exhaust valves, y-pipe, muffler restriction, and a bad batch of low octane fuel. These are all things that you can check at home.

#17 MrGutz

MrGutz

SnomoSnob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2375 posts
  • Sled:11 Gade 1200SX, 09 Gade 600 etec, RR 670

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

I would also add the brass oil check valves, I discussed this with a dealer in Quebec and he noted that these little check valves have been seen to stick open, allowing the crank pressure to push the oil back out and not inject enough into a cylinder.

The etecs run hotter ( a little ) than others to keep it clean, and less oil to cool things as well, this cokes the internal valve and it does not seal.

On one etec I could easily blow and suck straight though the valve.

GutZ

It's not what you do, It's how you do it.... It's not what you've got, It's how you use it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users