Please help! - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Please help!

Skidoo Reverse Xs Doesnt start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Riley_nowe

Riley_nowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Keeping er pinned
  • Sled:2013 renegade x 800r etec

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

I have a 2013 renegade x 800r etec and I'm having trouble with starting and reverse. The sled doesn't not show any signs of life when I push the start button but it will fire up no problem when I jump the solenoid with a screwdriver, once started the sled does not go into reverse. I'm thinking its something with my start button but I would really like to know as it's a pain in the *** to start it with a screwdriver and not having reverse... Please help thanks!

#2 Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Sled:Race sled

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

Bypass the button, and check it. Sounds likely.

#3 DTXRSB

DTXRSB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3652 posts
  • Sled:2021 Polaris Matryx VR1 650

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:33 AM

Replace the 5 amp fuse

#4 Minnesota FreeRide

Minnesota FreeRide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2787 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Scuba Diving and anything to do with Isle Royale NP
  • Sled:2012 FreeRide 137x2.25 and 146x2.0

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:00 AM

Welcome to the site!

You have a voltage meter or a test light to check with?

Did anyone do any work on the sled before the issue started or did it work correctly then fail out of the blue?

Please use cation when checking your reverse, if you incorrectly provide "ground" to the start/rev button at the solenoid while engine is running you will get reverse while the starter attempts to engage! (Starter and ring gear will be spinning in opposite directions) 

For a 2012 with DESS key installed kill switch in run and engine off, when you push the button 12 volts flows to the solenoid on the wire from the start switch, the ECM provides and controls a path to "Ground" in order to make the solenoid complete the path for the starter to engage.  Once the ECM detects the engine is running it then prevents "ground" at that solenoid so when you press the button while running you only get reverse. (My issue was that wire rubbed a hole in it to ground so I would get reverse AND start while engine is running, that is a sound you never want to hear trust me!!!)

Here is a link from similar issue, agree with above you need to ensure the 5 amp fuse is good then "power" to the switch and or the switch.

https://www.dootalk....800-etec/page-2

Think Snow,

Ride Right.

Frost 083

#5 suvy800

suvy800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1651 posts
  • Sled:2015 e tec 800 renegade

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

Sounds like the start switch is bad since reverse also stopped working. I had one go out on a 1yr old sled and new switch fixed it right up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users