#1 Bigmoss

Bigmoss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Sled:2021 Ren XRS 850, 2016 XRS 800

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

There have been a few posts lately about Klim and their warranty or lack there of since Polaris bought them.

I am a large buyer of they stuff for sledding and casual wear and wanted to share a recent experience.

I have a pair of their casual boots to be worn in the hotel or out to supper when not sledding, cost me $300.  I have owned them for 11 months.  Warranty is one year.

I contact Klim last week and explained the issue and provided the pics they request.  48 hours later I get an email that they are sending me a new pair of bots in the mail.  Cant complain about that kind of service.  This is my first time having issues with anything I have Klim and believe me when I say I have ALLOT.  Friends bug me that they never see me without a K somewhere on my body.

Just thought I would share an positive experience instead of a negative one.  I guess its all about how you approach them and answer their questions.

#2 skirider

skirider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3517 posts
  • Interests:GOING FAST
  • Sled:2016 XRS 800

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:46 AM

They have ussually been pretty good for me.
They did just deny a warranty claim on a balaclava which somehow tore probably from wear
I figured id try as it was like 50+ bucks but also 5 years old

They reaponded an said it was from wear.
Not to upset as they are probably right

#3 74Craig

74Craig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24679 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,craft beers,beer,
    Racing
  • Sled:2016 Cross Treck 6000,2019 Enduro

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

They have always treated me well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Mike-337

Mike-337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8888 posts
  • Interests:Short course Off-Road Racing. ATVs. Duel-Sport bike, Snowmobiling.
  • Sled:Radio Flyer

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

I hope so, because at seasons end they're getting my Klimate back that soaked through in the rain, cuffs on the sleeves are falling apart, and of course the zipper works like crap, but at least it didn't malfunction YET like the 3 other Klim Jackets I have.
My Klim Tomahawk is the only one I have that hasn't fallen apart yet.
The older i get, the faster i was.

#5 *Ace-driver

*Ace-driver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • Interests:Everything motorized. Design and Fabrication. Tweaking my rides. Perfecting what other people ignore.
  • Sled:A pair of 2020 Ace 900 Renegades

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

I hope so, because at seasons end they're getting my Klimate back that soaked through in the rain, cuffs on the sleeves are falling apart, and of course the zipper works like crap, but at least it didn't malfunction YET like the 3 other Klim Jackets I have.
My Klim Tomahawk is the only one I have that hasn't fallen apart yet.

You might want to switch to Carhart.

#6 Doo600800

Doo600800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Sled:08 GSX Limited 800r and 600 sdi

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

There have been a few posts lately about Klim and their warranty or lack there of since Polaris bought them.

I am a large buyer of they stuff for sledding and casual wear and wanted to share a recent experience.

I have a pair of their casual boots to be worn in the hotel or out to supper when not sledding, cost me $300. I have owned them for 11 months. Warranty is one year.

I contact Klim last week and explained the issue and provided the pics they request. 48 hours later I get an email that they are sending me a new pair of bots in the mail. Cant complain about that kind of service. This is my first time having issues with anything I have Klim and believe me when I say I have ALLOT. Friends bug me that they never see me without a K somewhere on my body.

Just thought I would share an positive experience instead of a negative one. I guess its all about how you approach them and answer their questions.

I think some of the negative feedback on Klim on Dootalk is because Polaris owns them now. Some people are brand loyal totally.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

#7 doo 09

doo 09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Sled:09 E-tec Renegade , 2016 900 Blizzard

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:40 PM

I think some of the negative feedback on Klim on Dootalk is because Polaris owns them now. Some people are brand loyal totally.

I disagree - if that mattered you woundn't see so many Doo riders with Klim stuff.  I'm Klim top to bottom & wear it because it works for me. There's not a Polaris in my future, but if their sleds worked as well as my Klim gear does - who knows...

#8 Mike-337

Mike-337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8888 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:43 PM

You might want to switch to Carhart.

FXR

#9 Doo600800

Doo600800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Sled:08 GSX Limited 800r and 600 sdi

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

I disagree - if that mattered you woundn't see so many Doo riders with Klim stuff. I'm Klim top to bottom & wear it because it works for me. There's not a Polaris in my future, but if their sleds worked as well as my Klim gear does - who knows...

Most don't even know Polaris owns Klim.

#10 tic

tic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13767 posts
  • Interests:sleds, motorcycles, boats, flying, skiing
  • Sled:13/ GSX-SE 1200

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

$300 for a pair of Klim house slippers for the hotel or lodge?  IMO their stuff is WAY over priced and only marginal quality

QUOTE (wreckless @ Dec 29 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because someone makes their sled loud doesn't mean trails are closing. I can make my sled as loud as i want to. I'm half tempted to run the loudest set of pipes I can just to irritate people

#11 Pit Grunt

Pit Grunt

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8437 posts
  • Interests:ADMIN
  • Sled:2020 900 ACE Renegade DOOTALK sled

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

If WET problem    Send it to GOR-TEX

WE RIDE !!!

#12 Mike-337

Mike-337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8888 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

If WET problem Send it to GOR-TEX

I agree Pit, but I shouldn't have to. If I blow up a new 850, I shouldn't have to send it away to the crank bearing manufacturer.
I guess I'd rather take it back to the dealer I bought it from, then they can send it to whomever, on their dime. I paid THEM a LOT for a quality product that failed. Klim can reimburse them.
That's warranty (like a car) the dealer talks it over with the factory, if it's legit, the dealer fixes it.

Edited by Mike-337, 13 March 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#13 Funkymasta

Funkymasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Sled:2018 summit sp 850 rev gen4

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

I agree Pit, but I shouldn't have to. If I blow up a new 850, I shouldn't have to send it away to the crank bearing manufacturer.
I guess I'd rather take it back to the dealer I bought it from, then they can send it to whomever, on their dime. I paid THEM a LOT for a quality product that failed. Klim can reimburse them.
That's warranty (like a car) the dealer talks it over with the factory, if it's legit, the dealer fixes it.

No youll have to go to the rod bearing and rods manufacturer for the 850 because those are taking a crap left and right.

#14 Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Sled:Race sled

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

The problem with Klim, is that they welch out on their stated warranty. "Lifetime" to them, means "in their estimation...".

#15 Pit Grunt

Pit Grunt

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8437 posts
  • Interests:ADMIN
  • Sled:2020 900 ACE Renegade DOOTALK sled

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:30 PM

Well ask others on this site. Klim will deny..... where gore-Tex will take care of, IF it is due to getting wet. Been there done that. Had a SCOTT suit. 5 years old . Goretex warranted it . So go ahead send it to Klim. Make sure you clean it first.

WE RIDE !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users