Tools for changing 800 etec plugs on trail 2016 xs renegade - Page 2 - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Tools for changing 800 etec plugs on trail 2016 xs renegade

800 etec xs renegade

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1720 posts
  • Sled:2006 mxzx 440/700

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Hood comes off in 5 minutes, less hassle then trying to squeeze in such a tight spot. The torx part of the tool to open the secondary is the proper size for the 4 bolts required to be removed

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
06 SKI DOO MXZX 440/700
-rktek head, dj clutch kit, xp t-stat setup
10 YAMAHA YFZ 450R SE, sold
-msd FI, JSR exhaust, mmad ported head, mmad warpspeed intake cam, fuel customs intake,venom piston
2012 Nissan Titan Pro4X CC

#17 baidarka48

baidarka48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,trail riding, meadow play, moderate hill climbing.
    Also fishing,hunting , precision long range shooting and reloading.ATV and MC riding.
  • Sled:2014 Skidoo Renegade backcountry X

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

Hello Brezentski,

I know how you feel,the ETEC Is a great system  but  anything mechanical can fail and fouled plugs is a common 2 stroke problem. The wife and I have 2014 BC-X's and after getting some very old or otherwise bad gasoline neither one one would run properly and fouled out the plugs just during warm up.I took off the hood panel which is fairly easy, ( there is a very good video on You tube showing how it is done), With the hood off there is plenty of room to work and its much easier to index the plugs as well.It took me about an hour to do both sleds.

Ski Doo could do a better job regarding tools and describing how to remove panels and change spark plugs in their owners manual.In my 2014 manual it says plugs must be replaced by an authorized dealer......really??? Not practical if  if is sunday and your 600 miles from home ready to ride. After draining out both tanks and refilling with fresh gas both sleds ran normally ie,very well.Better tool kit and more education and information for the consumer is a better way to go.

I put my own tool kit together, put it in a plastic zip lock bag and store it in the compartment in the end of the seat which the 2014 models have. By the way, the 2014 Ski Doo owners manual says plugs should be changed at 6,000 miles or 3 years which ever occurs first.

#18 ultrarider

ultrarider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • Interests:Classic Cars, Motorcycles, Snowmobile, Finding Bigfoot, Guns, Constitution, Patriotism, Liberty
  • Sled:04 Legend 700 & 16 Mxz Blizzard 800 etec

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for all the tips.

#19 mn808gade

mn808gade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Sled:'15 Ren 800 etec. '11 800 etec Ren BC

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:41 AM

changed my '15/800 @6000 looked almost new,if caps inside dirty-change wires and use dielectric lube.slipping short hose over plugs  helps insertion.plugs for etecs are auto indexed from factory,unlike  outboard plugs which are trial and use a different one /or shim washers.etecs when tightened should index themselves(mark first and visual check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users