Freeride modifications - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Freeride modifications

Freeride Xm Modifications 2014 Skidoo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skeeedooo

skeeedooo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sled:2014 skidoo freeride 800r 137

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Hey guys, I just purchased a 2014 freeride 137. Other then the hand guards I put on it is completely stock. Do any of you have any must have modifications for the freeride or just the xm chassis?

Thanks

#2 wmoater

wmoater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Sled:2015-1200 gade x/ 2010-600 TNT

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:42 AM

Welcome to the site............. What type of riding do you do? That matters as in which mods you put on.

#3 skeeedooo

skeeedooo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:20 AM

Welcome to the site............. What type of riding do you do? That matters as in which mods you put on.

I’m about 70/30 , the 70% being on trail. Depending on how much snow we get in southern Manitoba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 wmoater

wmoater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Sled:2015-1200 gade x/ 2010-600 TNT

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

7.5 shapers for sure, Nice bag for sure, I personally like the CVT belt cover. (Not sure if that was on the 14 but can be trimmed to fit) GPS Montana mounted with RAM mount is what I had on my 15 on the dash. (You don't have the glove box) USB or cigarette charger. Run a heated visor cord up and loop around the handlebars if trail rider closed faced. As a trail sled get a medium windshield. The low profile will do nothing for trail riding and your new handguards will work but medium windshield will improve. I am guessing, if you trail ride, your bars are tilted forward/ straight up, so you might want the new knee pads, for you will be in the frontward motion and knees against dash versus bars at angle which keep them back. Probably the summit bag for behind the seat, again more storage for trail riding. You won't have linq system so either drill holes for that or put the buttons on the side for the bag snaps systems. IF you decide to run picks ( Not my preference on 1.75) you will want good protection under the tunnel. If not watch your temps on hard pack and grab scratchers. I never needed them on 1.75 but need them on the 2.25. You have plenty of power for trail riding so keep stock gears, no need for the skidplate ( unless you plan on doing more offtrail) and the grip and rip bracing under is a good idea for any sled. Upgrade the A-arm bushing with oiltite bushings before you install. Everything else is just cosmetic tastes.

#5 skeeedooo

skeeedooo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

7.5 shapers for sure, Nice bag for sure, I personally like the CVT belt cover. (Not sure if that was on the 14 but can be trimmed to fit) GPS Montana mounted with RAM mount is what I had on my 15 on the dash. (You don't have the glove box) USB or cigarette charger. Run a heated visor cord up and loop around the handlebars if trail rider closed faced. As a trail sled get a medium windshield. The low profile will do nothing for trail riding and your new handguards will work but medium windshield will improve. I am guessing, if you trail ride, your bars are tilted forward/ straight up, so you might want the new knee pads, for you will be in the frontward motion and knees against dash versus bars at angle which keep them back. Probably the summit bag for behind the seat, again more storage for trail riding. You won't have linq system so either drill holes for that or put the buttons on the side for the bag snaps systems. IF you decide to run picks ( Not my preference on 1.75) you will want good protection under the tunnel. If not watch your temps on hard pack and grab scratchers. I never needed them on 1.75 but need them on the 2.25. You have plenty of power for trail riding so keep stock gears, no need for the skidplate ( unless you plan on doing more offtrail) and the grip and rip bracing under is a good idea for any sled. Upgrade the A-arm bushing with oiltite bushings before you install. Everything else is just cosmetic tastes.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look into the add ons! I won’t be running picks , but I have stock scratchers that mount underneath the rails. Would you recommend a different system or will these suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Dynamo^Joe

Dynamo^Joe

Metalhead

• Sponsors
  • 8812 posts
  • Interests:SUMMIT platform SkiDoo's. Being a student of the TRA clutches.
  • Sled:850, 154, 3" - 13, 872 custom 120, 3"

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

A good must-have mod is a really fun clutch kit.

https://www.ibackshi...sp?idProduct=19

Since you do 70% trails with a 1.75, then with this kit, the 50kmh (30mph) to 130kmh (80mph) acceleration is outstanding.  Side by side with stock clutching at 85kmh (52mph); at the same time you pin throttle, say "we'll seeya later" and by that time one length out front again, continue to pull away to top end. :revinmotion:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Freeride, Xm, Modifications, 2014, Skidoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users