Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

posting pictures

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Daag44 
#1 ·
where do i find the instructions for how to post pictures? i tried searching for it and did not find it.

#3 ·
Photo bucket does not work anymore unless you pay for it. Does not support 3rd party hosting on free accounts anymore. I have not yet looked to find a replacement since 90% of my posting is done on the phone, In which case the TapaTalk app is great for posting pictures. Or if you have a tablet/iPad, TapaTalk is also available for those.

#4 ·
1st you will need to resize your pics to 640 x 480 and save them in a file.

Then when you want to post or reply to a post use More Reply Options

Then click on Browse and open that file of resized pictures and select a pic

Click on Attach this file

Then click on Add to Post to the right of the attachment

Then click on Preview Post and if you like it click Reply

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
You only have to do that if you post directly without the link process talked about. (I can only point that part out as I don't resize photos in what I use so I would not be one to ask)

I also agree with those above that if you use the link method and you either paste wrong or the source later moves the pic will be gone and that leaves lots of, :worthlesswithoutpics:

#10 ·
I am having problems posting pictures, AGAIN... What is everyone doing to easily and quickly post pictures from a PC?

Thank you.

#11 ·
I am having problems posting pictures, AGAIN... What is everyone doing to easily and quickly post pictures from a PC?

Thank you.
Standard "Attach files" section in the "More Reply Options" button.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
google daag44 irfanview site:dootalk.com

Example

Your pictures are fine and at a good distance. I mentioned the fuzzy in case you thought of taking another picture with the camera closer to the plugs which often times gets fuzzy. Below is how I post pictures on DooTalk with a close-up. It looks long, but that's only the first time to set the Save As options. It comes down to very simple steps: Open file, Select a portion of the picture to zoom into to, Crop, Resize, and Save As. When just posting a picture it is only 3 steps: Open, Resize and Save As. The longest part is renaming the file.

Software Zoom using Irfanview

Click Here to download Irfanview to your hard drive. This app has been suggested by DooTalk for as long as I can remember.

Install Irfanview

Locate the picture file from your computer hard drive, right-click the file, select Open With, and choose Irfanview.

Use the mouse to left click/hold and drag the selection box around the area you wish to zoom into.

Go to the Edit menu and choose Crop selection (cut out).

Go to the Image menu and choose Resize/Resample, select 1024x768 and click Ok.

Go to the File menu and choose Save As. This will open two windows, the Save Picture As and the JPEG/GIF save options.

From the JPEG/GIF save options window, use the scroll bar at the top to lower the Save quality to 80 and uncheck all 10 of the JPEG save options.

From the Save Picture As window, choose a meaningful File name and location on your hard drive, then click Save.

This new picture file will have amazing resolution with a tiny file size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.