Clutch alignment issues. 2013 Skidoo Summit 800etec XM - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Clutch alignment issues. 2013 Skidoo Summit 800etec XM

alignment issues skidoo summit etec 800 xm 2013

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 westlow2

westlow2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sled:800 Summit 2013 Xm

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

I posted on here a few days ago. Im still chasing where to look for my belt engaging issues. While at idle the sled wants to take off. I redid the whole primary and checked belt deflection. Now im wondering... could it be clutch alignment. This past summer I had to install a new oil tank in the sled. I took the secondary off the sled. When I put it back together, I forgot to put a shim on the chain case side of the sled and it bound up the chain case. I took it to the dealer, but when I got it back, it was crawling forward at idle. I didnt think anything of it, just thought it was the deflection. I was looking online at some videos and people were saying I need shims on the secondary side of the secondary clutch... primarily where the bearing sits on in the pillar. Im hoping this will help me fix this, but this is my only idea now. Any help is appreciated. Sled is a 2013 summit 800 etec XM

Thanks - Zeb 

#2 treeboy

treeboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Being in the mountains near everyday.
  • Sled:Too many

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:02 AM

Pictures of where you defection is set at, belt numbers. Motor mounts replaced?

#3 Funkymasta

Funkymasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Sled:2018 summit sp 850 rev gen4

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:27 AM

Your deflection is set wrong

#4 winter brew

winter brew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts
  • Sled:2013 SummitX E-Tec 163

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:11 AM

I would think it has to be either deflection or in the primary.  Can you visually see a gap between the belt and movable primary sheave?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alignment, issues, skidoo, summit, etec, 800, xm, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users