Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Check engine and Oil Lamp

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  cansno 
#1 ·
Hello~

I have a 2015 Expedition 600ACE. Both the engine light and oil lamp came on. My buddy used his reader to get the codes and they were for bad oil pressure switch and oil pressure. I changed the switch, but with no luck. Changed oil and filter, still no luck. He is gone for the time being and I don't have access to the computer. Any ideas what to check until I can use his reader?

Thanks!

#6 ·
Clear the codes then see what you got, if both dash indicators stay the same then it's sounds like a low pressure problem, first check the wiring plug into the switch to see if it's all good there, as stated even if the oil light goes off the engine light will stay on for a few hours driving before it shuts off if the codes are not cleared.

#8 ·
Clear the codes then see what you got, if both dash indicators stay the same then it's sounds like a low pressure problem, first check the wiring plug into the switch to see if it's all good there, as stated even if the oil light goes off the engine light will stay on for a few hours driving before it shuts off if the codes are not cleared.
So I have been able to clear the codes, lights come back on. Checked manual and it said to check the ECMA-3E for continuity. That checked out fine. Then I checked the battery and it was giving a reading of 12.18V. I cannot find if that is too low and electricity is beyond foreign to me. If it is too low, would that cause the issues seen?

#10 ·
That checked out fine. Then I checked the battery and it was giving a reading of 12.18V. I cannot find if that is too low and electricity is beyond foreign to me.
With the engine running it should read 13.8V ( or around that) I believe, for sure 12.18 is too low...was the fan active when you read it?

#13 ·
That's a bit low. A charged battery at rest should be at least 12.5, if not 12.8 or 13. I don't think that's the source of the issue, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Put a pressure gauge on it before you run it again.
My thought exactly. Had to do it with mine. Just remove sending unit and screw gauge right in. Standard 1/8 pipe thread. You need a nipple and few fittings because it is set back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.