Lights and speedometer not working - Freestyle / Legend / Tundra / Expedition Sport - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Lights and speedometer not working

lights gauges 550f 2010 tundra lt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AKk100ds

AKk100ds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Sled:2010 Tundra 550f

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

The head/tail lights and speedometer quit working on my '10 550F Tundra LT. I checked all the bulbs, dried (they weren't wet) and greased the headlights with dielectric grease. I didn't with the taillight. All bulbs looked fine when I looked them over. Dried and greased the speedometers connector too. Still no lights. While running the machine the speedometer lights flicker once in a while though. Would the voltage regulator cause this or something else entirely?

#2 James bay sledder

James bay sledder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:vintage sled repair, hunting, family
  • Sled:5 tundra Rs, 2 summit 700s

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

Voltage regulator wouldn't do that. When v r fails, bulbs get too much power and blow. Sounds like an electrical connection is loose or corroded, check the connections coming out of the engine.

#3 AKk100ds

AKk100ds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Sled:2010 Tundra 550f

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:57 PM

That's good to know for the next time. POS seized up. I'm done putting money into it. I don't think I've gone more than 200 miles on it in a season ever since I got it used 5 years ago without something happening to it. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me, James bay sledder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users