XM mods for the DIY - Page 2 - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

XM mods for the DIY

Mod xm vent clutch diy

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 bnorth

bnorth

Slednuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts
  • Sled:'19 Alpha 165

•    

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Im sure Ill get some flak for this, but I bought the sled with a full skid plate (AKA snow holder) so instead of buying or trading I put the ole redneck thinking cap on and cut the full down while on the sled to about the shape of the xtreme...no more snow held by the Aarms.

Trying to sell them is a nightmare as shipping costs more than you can get for them...

BTW I have another full skidplate if someone local wants it in NW iowa....

I did that with an old machine I had.

For the kill switch just put some small O-rings around it and it becomes a momentary switch. No more accidental shutdowns with your chest.

Trying to fit an XP skid plate on my XM right now.

2019 Alpha 800 165

1997 Kitty Cat

Previous:

17 174 SP

14 163X

05 Vertical Composites 1000 162

05 RT1000 162

#17 03rev600mxzho

03rev600mxzho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Sled:2013 XM 800 154 and 2003 MXZ 600

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

With ya on the o rings. I've heard of that never tried it. Think I would do that if I didn't want to empty the bars. Anyone with short arms narrow their bars? I'm like a t rex...large chest short arms...thought about taking a little off both sides.

#18 Gonetfx

Gonetfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Dooing
  • Sled:2015 Ski-Doo 800 E-TEC Summit SP 154"

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

Is moving the scissor back 3/4 more effective than tightening the limiter strap up a notch?

It helps keeping the skis down a little for sure and I keep it in hole 3 (stock setting) on the limiter strap to allow the shock to have more rebound. I think the sled handles better this way rather than tightening limiter and it does help with the ski lift but I wouldn’t say it’s more effective for keeping the skis down, it can still pop up if you want it to. But it was easy to do so tried it. Have to try it yourself to see I suppose.

Also on another note was thinking about trenching I always adjusted my track so it’s loose just to the point it doesn’t ratchet because supposedly it’s less restricting and allows more power for track spin? But now I’m thinking maybe it’s too loose that the track dog legs even more in a climb and chews till your stuck? Going out this coming weekend I’ve tightened up the track going to see how it does from the last ride. Otherwise powder wedges in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'15 Ski-Doo Summit SP 800 154"

-GGB Mountain Can

-DJ Dual Elevation Kit

-Tom's Ski Bushing

-Grip n Rip Top A-Arm Brace

-Fett Bro's Bottom A-Arm Brace

-Ski-Doo Extreme Skid Plate

-CFR 4" Nucks

-CFR Boondocker 2.0 Bars

-Ski-Doo Panel Vent Kit

-Mountain Fit Hood

-Mountain Fit LED light

#19 AKDoug

AKDoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Sled:2021ExpySWT900ACE, 2013 Summit X 163

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

My XM mods cost money, so they are really not the point of the thread I suppose.  The only "free" thing he did was completely remove the plastic from the clutch guard. A properly folded spare belt fits in that tiny trunk at the rear of the seat.

#20 03rev600mxzho

03rev600mxzho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Sled:2013 XM 800 154 and 2003 MXZ 600

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

I'm headed to Wyoming wednesday...hoping snow comes to town 😀

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users