Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Cylinder Boring in Ottawa Ontario?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RyanWall 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for suggestions on places to go to get a pair of cylinder bored locally (Ottawa/Ottawa Valley). Theyre actually from a seadoo and the new sleeved that I put into them need to be bored slightly to their final diameter and need to be honed. Currently they still have some tooling marks on the cylinder walls from the manufacturer.

Any tips would be great!

#2 ·
That's a tough one, there is almost no machine shops left in the Ottawa valley. Call BA machine on Hy 31, if they can't do it they be might be able to point you in the right direction. Benson's in Arnprior are still doing engine machine work last I heard. They're shop in Bells Corners closed several years ago. What diameter is the bore?

#5 ·
You can always send them over to CVTech.
I know you want local, but they do good work fast at a reasonable price...and they're a site sponsor
That is also a thought, just thought I'd check locally to save shipping.

Reactions: wowchad
#6 ·
That's a tough one, there is almost no machine shops left in the Ottawa valley. Call BA machine on Hy 31, if they can't do it they be might be able to point you in the right direction. Benson's in Arnprior are still doing engine machine work last I heard. They're shop in Bells Corners closed several years ago. What diameter is the bore?
I'll check Benson's in Arnprior, as its very close to where I live, but my understanding is they used to send their machine shop work to Renfrew. I already check in Renfrew and they have sold off most of the machine shop side of the business.

#8 ·
Hey Ryan. Look up Keven Leckie in the Arnprior phone book and give him a call. He is a machinist from Arnprior Aerospace and has been doing cylinders for 20+ years. Think he still does it and is a good guy. Lives near Braeside.
Mint! Thanks Seve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.