#31 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Sled:03 summit 800

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

we finally got a little bit of snow and i took my sled out for a little rip .. after about 20 min i had it running pretty good on boost but could not get it to run right off boost ... cruise along at 60 k and it goes lean right off the gauge . no matter what setting i put on the controller was so lean it was off the gauge .. that scares me .. alot so i put the sled away and am left to do something thinking .. talked to a local racer who told me you can't tune a 2 stroke off of a gauge witch is true, and that the only tried and true way to tune it is with the egt ... so that got me thinking .. with no way to check my egts while i was riding .. as i am adding fuel could the factory fuel system be pulling fuel .. without an egt gauge there really is no way for me to tell 

hill.jpg

#32 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

i have been really lacking on the updates so ill try to recap whats been going on .. we some snow but not very much in my area . once i got the sled running ok i was never really impressed with the fuel controller and the lack of information it provides i have now ordered the aurora fuel reactor for a few reasons .. i like the ability to data log, i find it very difficult to hold this sled wide open and keep an eye on the gauges rpm boost afrs and then make changes and go do it al again.. data log will give me the ability to keep my head up and then go look at what the sled is doing both on my laptop or bluetooth to my cell phone .. i believe i can also hook up egt sensors to this witch we all know is a way better way to tune a 2 stroke than an afr gauge 

so once i got it running ( on 3 psi ) naturally i wanted to turn it up and see what happens i could not keep it off the rev limiter and had as much weight in the pins as i could fit .. around 24g i believe when i went back to 3 psi i was still hitting the rev limiter so i was looking around the garage and found my old rev dj turbo clutch kit .. swapped in hit ramps and ps and bottom end was much better and the rpm were in check .. placed an order for 2mm oversize rollers they showed up today :) so hoping i can run more boost now :) 

i went out on a couple of 150 km trail rides and the sled ran ok but nothing like a stock sled .. first time out there was no bottom end but wot was good so i just ran her wide open all day :P second day out i was on the new clutching so i had more bottom end and mid range but running lean on top end so i kept the wot hits to under 10 seconds .. if you can trust an afr gauge that is .. 

about 20 k from the truck on day 2 it started running strange boggy and sounded like it had a miss but still had some pull .. probably should have shut it down and hoked up a tow strap but instead i made a b line for the truck and made it 

with the sled home i started looking it over didn't see anything wrong but i was seeing a lot of oil all over so i decided to dig deeper  off with all the plastics and gas tank and the reeds and plugs .. i found that there was an excess of 2 stroke oil in the turbo and charge tubes blowing out the bov collecting in the throttle bodies and found a big boost leak .. i snapped a few pics and sent them to silber looking to see if this is normal . he responded with ( is it still in break in mode ) and then nothing after that .. to much oil is better than not enough and the turbo is pretty easy to pull off so ill put it back together like it is for now and probably order new oil seals for the turbo 

seeing that there is no internal damage to the motor,pistons,plugs or anything else i could lay my eyes on makes me rest a little easier and ill slap it back together and try to ride it again and possibly turn up the boost before my new fuel controller gets here 

hill.jpg

#33 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

20180203_104954.jpg

hill.jpg

#34 newdoo28