• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 dps

dps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

What is the reason they choose to use fuel enhancer over say AV gas w/ pump gas or races/pump gas? Also is 100 octane the number that the turbos sleds like to see?

When the group of 5 go out west they go for 5 to 7 days of riding and five turbo sleds in the trailer, they found It was more convenient to haul 5 gallons of the Shellbourne Fuel Enhancer instead of 55 gallon barrels in the trailer. They really like the performance with the Shellbourne Fuel Enhancer. 

David

#17 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Sled:03 summit 800

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

i have to agree that fuel enhancer is more convenient to carry around than race gas or av gas there are a couple companies that make good ones . i have seen one called race gas that also apparently works well .. i will likely be ordering some fuel enhancer to carry around with me as well as mixing up a few cans of av gas and pump gas depending on how much boost i plan on running .. i was thinking 3 to 5 psi at 0 to 4000 ft would be alli would get but hearing you have guys running 7 with no issues has me thinking maybe ill go there lol .. only time will tell 

hill.jpg

#18 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:32 PM

got the install done on the turbo kit this weekend, ordered new turbo reeds re geared and now it will sit in the garage for 2 weeks while i go away to work .. when i get home dyno time :)  still no snow round here 

hill.jpg

#19 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

Well i was bored last night so i went out to the shop to clean the sled up a bit. When i gave the front control arm a shake and found the bolts were all loose ... worried that the bolt holes are now worn from riding like this i droped it off at the dealer today to have it checked out . While i was there i picked up my new turbo reeds :)

Attached Images

• 20171204_234629.jpg
  • 20171206_113125.jpg

hill.jpg

#20 mwenzel12

mwenzel12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Sled:2019 Summit 850

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:03 AM

Well i was bored last night so i went out to the shop to clean the sled up a bit. When i gave the front control arm a shake and found the bolts were all loose ... worried that the bolt holes are now worn from riding like this i droped it off at the dealer today to have it checked out . While i was there i picked up my new turbo reeds :)

did you end up getting a different fuel controller or are you going to try and run the stock box? sleds lookin pretty fresh BTW :ride:

#21 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

so far the plan is to run the stock box at least for a few rips and see what happens .. but im hoping santa brings me an aurora fuel control box :) 

and thanks i think she looks ok too 

hill.jpg

#22 Trippy

Trippy

Armchair Interweb Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102508 posts
  • Interests:Sticking forks in outlets
    Making PBJ sammiches for the crew
    Polluting the woods with Klotz
  • Sled:Summit G4 165x3 w/ Boondocker turbo

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

31402df2ecc4db1ab6aaf3ade4056c8d.jpg

Released this evening

Just a FYI

#23 mwenzel12

mwenzel12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

31402df2ecc4db1ab6aaf3ade4056c8d.jpg

Released this evening

Just a FYI

good thing i dont have an 850 kit. :-) anyone sending in an ecu should expect not to ride half the winter based off experience waiting on stuff from them...

#24 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:24 PM

i got the sled out for a little test and tune today in the 5 inches of snow that i have here ... definitely have some work to do with this fuel control box sled was not running very good at all . figgered out you definitely have to double up on the exhaust springs .. that is not a recommendation but a necessity and i also found out that i did not put in enough pin weight at 20 grams .. as it will hit the rev limiter almost instantly with a stab of the throttle i tried adjusting my clickers but wasn't enough adjustment to keep it from over revving.  so my current plan is just to give it a quick once over for loose connections add some pin weight and try it again .. so far im pleased with how everything mechanically is working it starts runs idles just fin and i think with a few more tries it should start to wake up but only time will tell what i'm in for .. 

hill.jpg

#25 mwenzel12

mwenzel12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

i got the sled out for a little test and tune today in the 5 inches of snow that i have here ... definitely have some work to do with this fuel control box sled was not running very good at all . figgered out you definitely have to double up on the exhaust springs .. that is not a recommendation but a necessity and i also found out that i did not put in enough pin weight at 20 grams .. as it will hit the rev limiter almost instantly with a stab of the throttle i tried adjusting my clickers but wasn't enough adjustment to keep it from over revving.  so my current plan is just to give it a quick once over for loose connections add some pin weight and try it again .. so far im pleased with how everything mechanically is working it starts runs idles just fin and i think with a few more tries it should start to wake up but only time will tell what i'm in for .. 

im @ clicker 1 with the 20.4 grams of pin 5psi boost @ like 200' elevation and no over rev issues as of yet. Likely will need to add more, but i was completely fine @3psi last year.  when i ran 7psi last year with this weight it over revved extremely fast like you are experiencing

#26 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

Well i guess im making more power than you then lol .. jk .. i added 4g and ill have to try again id like to see it bot hit 8k so i know iv got enough weight in it .. and then make small adjustments and get it happy on clicker 3

hill.jpg

#27 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Slapped new plugs and some turbo reeds in it aswell

Attached Images

• 20171218_151500.jpg
  • 20171218_151432.jpg

hill.jpg

#28 bri113

bri113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4332 posts
  • Interests:Boosted 8 Hundos
    KTMs
    Backflip Base jumping
    Snow
  • Sled:'14 Summit '99 Tundra R '87 Skandic 377R

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

How many springs you got on there ?? lets see a pic.

#29 bri113

bri113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4332 posts
  • Interests:Boosted 8 Hundos
    KTMs
    Backflip Base jumping
    Snow
  • Sled:'14 Summit '99 Tundra R '87 Skandic 377R

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

just went out and measured my boondocker reeds and they are a tad thicker then the thickest one you show there.  

#30 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

i put 3 extra springs on the y pipe for a total of 7 and 2 extra by the turbo for a total of 4 . so 11 in total .. 1 short of doubling the springs but it should be fine .. this kit came with reeds but the guy i bought it from ( used kit ) must have left them on his sled .. the ski doo racing ones were very reasonably priced .. cheaper than stock reeds i do believe 

hill.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users