#1 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Sled:03 summit 800

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

hey guys .. so i went and bought a silber kit for my xm,  i think it was a good deal so i bought it . seen quite a few people saying the fuel controler is crap but i cant imagine they are that bad .. ?  has anyone got one to run right with the factory fuel controler .. i know a local guy with a sled dyno so i am going to try to take the sled there before and after and see what numbers we make before and after 

hill.jpg

#2 mwenzel12

mwenzel12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Sled:2019 Summit 850

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Mine runs decent but definitely far from perfect. Have a few things to test before throwing a new fuel controller at it. I hear the redline fuel controller fixes the low end bog that you will likely experience.

#3 dps

dps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

I have customers with  SkiDoo 800 XM with the Aurora Fuel Reactor fuel controller on turbo kits riding at 900 to 1600 ft here at North Dakota with 7 pounds of boost without any problems. They all ride out west up to 8000 or more ft without changing anything. 

I have been working on a fuel controller for the last 2 years and I finally got it done. 

It's called AFR (Aurora Fuel Reactor). 
I have the AFR on 6 difference sleds,3 AeroChargers,1 Turbo Performance and 2 Silbers. 
Chad006 on Snowest has a thread on the Aurora Fuel Reactor https://www.snowest....ad.php?t=431757

AFR is in a waterproof enclosed box,with, built in o2 sensor, built in Bluetooth, built in BARO sensor, built in MAP sensor. AFR uses TPS, BARO, MAP, MAT and o2 sensor to work off the fuel map. The o2 sensor has the most authority to work off the fuel map in percentage from 0% to 100%, right now I am only giving the o2 sensor 25% authority. The air temp corrects the fuel off the idea gas law table
With the Bluetooth (Android phone only) you can see all the sensors and rpm. You have the ability to do data logging and download different fuel maps. AFR is set up for fuel pressure sensor to. The Bluetooth is very good for diagnostics of the systems and for clutching.

David

David's Performance Shop

[email protected]

#4 bri113

bri113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4332 posts
  • Interests:Boosted 8 Hundos
    KTMs
    Backflip Base jumping
    Snow
  • Sled:'14 Summit '99 Tundra R '87 Skandic 377R

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

I have customers with  SkiDoo 800 XM with the Aurora Fuel Reactor fuel controller on turbo kits riding at 900 to 1600 ft here at North Dakota with 7 pounds of boost without any problems. They all ride out west up to 8000 or more ft without changing anything. 

I have been working on a fuel controller for the last 2 years and I finally got it done. 

It's called AFR (Aurora Fuel Reactor). 
I have the AFR on 6 difference sleds,3 AeroChargers,1 Turbo Performance and 2 Silbers. 
Chad006 on Snowest has a thread on the Aurora Fuel Reactor https://www.snowest....ad.php?t=431757

AFR is in a waterproof enclosed box,with, built in o2 sensor, built in Bluetooth, built in BARO sensor, built in MAP sensor. AFR uses TPS, BARO, MAP, MAT and o2 sensor to work off the fuel map. The o2 sensor has the most authority to work off the fuel map in percentage from 0% to 100%, right now I am only giving the o2 sensor 25% authority. The air temp corrects the fuel off the idea gas law table
With the Bluetooth (Android phone only) you can see all the sensors and rpm. You have the ability to do data logging and download different fuel maps. AFR is set up for fuel pressure sensor to. The Bluetooth is very good for diagnostics of the systems and for clutching.

David

David's Performance Shop

[email protected]

Ever tried this on a Boondocker kit? Cut the boondocker box out and connect your controller? 

#5 dps

dps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Ever tried this on a Boondocker kit? Cut the boondocker box out and connect your controller? 

Yes it will work on the BoonDocker kits and all other turbo kits.

#6 bri113

bri113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4332 posts
    KTMs
    Backflip Base jumping
    Snow

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

Yes it will work on the BoonDocker kits and all other turbo kits.

I will 100% be getting in contact with you. You are aware you have to control the secondary injectors on a Boondocker kit? Also would your kit still use the boondoocker box and just over ride it or does it take full place of it? (As fas as I know the boondocker box is reproducing a different single to the ecm and tricking it somehow to get the fuel mapping all correct using the two sets of injectors... )

#7 dps

dps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

The BoonDocker fuel controller will be eliminated.  The Aurora Fuel Reactor will control the secondary injectors. The harness has all the connectors so you just have to plug in connectors, no splicing, no soldering to the main stock harness.  

PM me your phone number or email me [email protected]

David  

#8 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

What is the retail price and this afr box and where can someone get one if they want 1

hill.jpg

#9 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

I have been working on a fuel controller for the last 2 years and I finally got it done. [/size]
It's called AFR (Aurora Fuel Reactor). [/size]I have the AFR on 6 difference sleds,3 AeroChargers,1 Turbo Performance and 2 Silbers. [/size]Chad006 on Snowest has a thread on the Aurora Fuel Reactor [/size]https://www.snowest....ad.php?t=431757AFR is in a waterproof enclosed box,with, built in o2 sensor, built in Bluetooth, built in BARO sensor, built in MAP sensor. AFR uses TPS, BARO, MAP, MAT and o2 sensor to work off the fuel map. The o2 sensor has the most authority to work off the fuel map in percentage from 0% to 100%, right now I am only giving the o2 sensor 25% authority. [/size]The air temp corrects the fuel off the idea gas law table[/size]With the Bluetooth (Android phone only) you can see all the sensors and rpm. You have the ability to do data logging and download different fuel maps. AFR is set up for fuel pressure sensor to. The Bluetooth is very good for diagnostics of the systems and for clutching.[/size]

David
David's Performance Shop
[email protected]

7 psi at that elevation what fuel are they using ?

hill.jpg

#10 newdoo28

newdoo28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Small update .. life has got busy i managed to pull my sled out of storage and bring it home but thats about it so far .. do to lack of free time i dont think ill be running it on a dyno before installing the kit .. seems like a waste of time .. looking forward to the install and hearing it run .. :)

hill.jpg

#11 dps

dps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

What is the retail price and this afr box and where can someone get one if they want 1

Email me for prices [email protected]

I'm the one make the AFR

Thanks

David

#12 dps

dps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

7 psi at that elevation what fuel are they using ?

They are mixing pump 91 octane and Shellbourne Fuel Enhancer 2.1oz/Gal for 100 octane. 

#13 Trippy

Trippy

Armchair Interweb Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102508 posts
  • Interests:Sticking forks in outlets
    Making PBJ sammiches for the crew
    Polluting the woods with Klotz
  • Sled:Summit G4 165x3 w/ Boondocker turbo

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

Any videos of the LE guys running?

I️ hear the new Silber 850 set up is pretty easy to switch from HE to LE

#14 bri113

bri113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4332 posts
    KTMs
    Backflip Base jumping
    Snow

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:49 PM

Any videos of the LE guys running?

I️ hear the new Silber 850 set up is pretty easy to switch from HE to LE

...this has me wondering...... expect a call today or tomorrow..

#15 bri113

bri113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4332 posts
    KTMs
    Backflip Base jumping
    Snow

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

They are mixing pump 91 octane and Shellbourne Fuel Enhancer 2.1oz/Gal for 100 octane. 

What is the reason they choose to use fuel enhancer over say AV gas w/ pump gas or races/pump gas? Also is 100 octane the number that the turbos sleds like to see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users