Problem 2006 Expedition Sport 550F - Freestyle / Legend / Tundra / Expedition Sport - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Problem 2006 Expedition Sport 550F

550f expedition sport

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phansen

phansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sled:2006 EXPEDITION 550 F

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

I hope this is the proper place to post a problem.  While riding a 2006 Expedition Sport with the 550F engine, engine suddenly stalls.  Starts right back up but then goes approx. 1 foot and then engine slows and beeps in reverse and starts backwards.  Engine then stalls.  Towed back, trailered home, started engine back up and everything works fine.  Anybody ever experience this or know of this experience???

#2 ravinerat

ravinerat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts
  • Interests:Sleds in the winter and Adventure bikes in the other 8 mths
  • Sled:2011 Tundra LT 550f

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Only had it happen prior to seizing the engine on my fan cooled. PTO side not getting enough oil. Pull the plug and see if any white is down on the piston. My sled would seize temp due to over heating then would start back up when cooled down several seconds later. Eventually it seized. Doesn't mean this is what's happening but something to look for.

RR

2011 Tundra LT 550f

Be safe, Float!

#3 Tundra 300

Tundra 300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:HDT, trapper, hunter, fishing
  • Sled:900 Expedition, 600 Skandic, Tundra R

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

I hope this is the proper place to post a problem.  While riding a 2006 Expedition Sport with the 550F engine, engine suddenly stalls.  Starts right back up but then goes approx. 1 foot and then engine slows and beeps in reverse and starts backwards.  Engine then stalls.  Towed back, trailered home, started engine back up and everything works fine.  Anybody ever experience this or know of this experience???

sounds like the rer button is acting up. switching it into reverse randomly.

Triple thumper...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users