Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Rev 800 no spark

9K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  05camp 
#1 ·
hey guys need some help gotta 440/800 i blew up i found a rebuilt motor so i put in the new motor changed over stator etc now i have no spark I've tried a brand new stator different pick up coils volt reg coils different dess key what else should i look for it has rer so two trigger coils i did some searching i have them in the right order blue to the bottom ? what could i be missing ? thanks I've searched lots came up with everything il changed sled ran mint before i switched motors

#6 ·
I have now tired a different mpem aswell i down loaded a service manual so gotta start working through the system is there a way i messed up the timing or something only seems to be one way the stator and fly wheel can go on is there not ? any input would be great thanks

#12 ·
There are two temp sensors, one for the Engine Temperature Sensor (Coolant) and the other for the Air Temperature Sensor in the airbox. I suspect you mean the Engine Temperature Gauge.

Out of the Bell Housing (stator side), there are three plugs. The 4 wire plug for the Trigger Coils goes to the MPEM left plug. The stator wires are divided into 2 plugs: A 3 wire plug with 2 yellow and 1 green wire that goes to the Voltage Regulator/Rectifier. And a 2 wire plug that connects to a plug in the wiring harness with a White/Green and Black wire. These two last stator plugs are tied so close together that it would be next to impossible to mix them up unless the 2 wire plug was left disconnected and the plug on the harness side was used to connect to the Engine Temperature Sensor. But one would need to be desperately looking for plugs to make that mistake.

In the back of the MPEM there are 5 connections. Two of the plugs are 2 wires, so you may have mixed-up the Ignition Coil with the Air Temperature Sensor. This would be the most likely scenario. There are two other possibilities that are common enough. One is a connector is not well plugged, and the other is a bent male terminal or a terminal that got pushed out of its socket (male or female).

There is a long list of other things to check to troubleshoot a no spark problem, but I'm trying to think of the common connector problems.

MPEM Connections from left to right.

1. Trigger Coils
- 4 wire female plug from engine bell housing)

2. DPM and Engine Temperature Sensor
- 4 wire female plug
- DPM in front of the carbs
- Engine Temperature Sensor in the engine head

3. Ignition Coil
- 2 wire female plug

4. Air Temperature Sensor in the airbox
- 2 wire female plug

5. Engine Management
- 12 wire female plug

#14 ·
I really don't know. The short post you see in #12 was the outcome of over 3 hours work on an actual 2003 800HO that I have. I spent it looking over each and every plug trying to think what plug could possibly have been mixed up and what errors were more likely than others. All that I can say is that I looked and did the best that I could. I also took maybe 50 pictures just to be sure that I could recall where every plug went including plugs with terminals that weren't well hooked into their sockets. I haven't focused on any troubleshooting because you said it worked fine before.

#17 ·
You have to step back and think it out a bit. Throwing parts at it is a waste of time and money. You say everything you did is good, if I had a penny for every time I heard that........Check your work, unplug connections and inspect contacts and reassemble securely. Make sure, using manual, all connectors are connected where they are supposed to be. Did you ohm out the cut out switch on the handle bar if equipped? Check everything you did closely. Spark plug caps ohm to spec? Daag has a good checklist, follow it.

No hate here, something isn't right--obviously. Yes, I would do the checkout per the manual on the stator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.