Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

G4 Pipe & Can Fitment

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Idahodoo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pretty simple to remove just take the clips off the spring heat guard thingy, remove the springs between the pipe & can then take the one bolt that goes through mounting spring on inside of can & it lifts right out.

The pipe comes out easy also.(the one spring on the clutch side is a little harder, I used needle nose vise grips and a long screw driver to remove) One of the best mounting set ups I Have seen and seems solid IMO

Sorry didn't take photos mind on designing Vent stuff :)

• Pipe wt. 12.6 lbs.
  • Can wt.. 15.4 lbs.

#3 ·
506d52b98e9cd80ace2b348758afd10c.jpg

98c7f7602cc08a51555d59cde644ef70.jpg

Very simple to remove.
Not looking to criticize, but with the close proximity of a uncoated muffler to the plastic Mag side cover I wonder if heat will be an issue there? I've never looked at the XM/XP to see if things were that close with the aftermarket cans.

#4 ·
Not looking to criticize, but with the close proximity of a uncoated muffler to the plastic Mag side cover I wonder if heat will be an issue there? I've never looked at the XM/XP to see if things were that close with the aftermarket cans.
Even with a coated muffler you needed to tape the XM/XP or the grease would get to thin and the pawl would only engage periodically.

#8 ·
What is the actual weight savings? 3 pounds?
Pretty simple to remove just take the clips off the spring heat guard thingy, remove the springs between the pipe & can then take the one bolt that goes through mounting spring on inside of can & it lifts right out.

The pipe comes out easy also.(the one spring on the clutch side is a little harder, I used needle nose vise grips and a long screw driver to remove) One of the best mounting set ups I Have seen and seems solid IMO

Sorry didn't take photos mind on designing Vent stuff :)

• Pipe wt. 12.6 lbs.
  • Can wt.. 15.4 lbs.
No that is actual Stock Weights of Pipe & Can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.