#1 kwextrm

kwextrm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Sled:07' 600 sdi Renegade

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:42 PM

I have a 14 summit 600 etec. I am wanting to do something different for a teather. The stupid stock key/tether sucks. Snow gets in it and then you have to deal with the beeping and such. Anyone have any suggestions? I like wearing it, I've had the sled start upside down more than once. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#2 dc76

dc76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5445 posts
  • Sled:A Poo and a backup Doo :)

•    

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:23 AM

Take advantage of your strong US dollar and invest in possibly the best tether system I have used so far...

http://www.sourceinn...antom-teth-air/

#3 taker

taker

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8429 posts
  • Sled:2011 mxz-xrs 800; 2016 renegade 900 ace

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:19 PM

That looks very interesting.

How well does it work?

Think snow & ride ski-doo.
Yea Buddy!!!!!!!!

#4 Skioutty

Skioutty

East Coast Tony

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPip
  • 48661 posts
  • Interests:Obviously snowmobiling!
    ATV's
    Cutting trees & firewood
    Most DIY stuff
  • Sled:2020 900T XRS

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

Could try one of these:

https://www.2wheel.c...a6AsaAqWp8P8HAQ

f71762337ccf0c33dd71f6cbfe60c1dc--badges             rotating%20can-am.gif 49a32012ba348129e43bc509332344f6.jpg                   

Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching!

#5 dc76

dc76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5445 posts
  • Sled:A Poo and a backup Doo :)

•    

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

That looks very interesting.

How well does it work?

I have been running this tether for 3 winters. To me it is the ultimate tether although I would not suggest it is for everyone.

There is some set up involved although less than a few mins once installed. The settings are all user programable. This is great as some people prefer more of a delay for items like the roll over switch or how fast it shuts down. The roll over switch is very important. No other tether that I know of offers it. If the sled is flipped over on you it will shut down.

We ride nothing but technical trees and having a corded tether is a nuisance. It will get caught in limbs or other things. The Phantom tether is also quicker than a cord. Once your sled is running and you throttle past the engagement point which is set by the user of your hand comes off the throttle grip the sled shuts down. When idling you can do whatever you like as its not active expect for the roll over.

I never worry about clipping something to me or if someone else jumps on my sled and so on. The learning curve is minor. You have to remember not to take your hand off the grip when the clutch is engaged or the sled will shut down. So wipe your goggles with your other hand lol.

The big negative is the price to most people but safety items with this amount of technology are not cheap to develop and manufacture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users