Info on MBRP header and trail can for 2016/2017 1200 - Page 3 - REV-XR / XS Chassis - 4-TEC 1200 Performance and Trail Models - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Info on MBRP header and trail can for 2016/2017 1200

1200 mbrp muffler can exhaust ecu flash pipe pb80 cudney

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#31 Formula800

Formula800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2354 posts
  • Sled:2020 BCXRS 850

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

There still has been no proof from any of these company's to the gains their parts have.You would think one company could give some rel results or maybe there's no proof because of very little to no gains.Just saying

Seems plausible. Maybe part of the reason there is still no dyno results for the 16s.

#32 rockerdan

rockerdan

OCD Sledhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8598 posts
  • Interests:Turbos
  • Sled:2020 XRS850 129" 2022 Mach Z

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

Crank shop posted a pic of facebook earlier today of thier header for the 16/17. No idea if they are selling them now.

got a link by chance?   I dont do FB but sometimes I can get a glimpse on a FB page before that annoying SIGN UP window blocks the page im trying to see...lol

thnx

Dan

#33 rockerdan

rockerdan

OCD Sledhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8598 posts
  • Interests:Turbos
  • Sled:2020 XRS850 129" 2022 Mach Z

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

I don't believe any one can feel a 2 to 6 Hp increase riding unless they can feel a pea  under their mattress.

I guess it just sounds faster.May as well chrome it and put some monster stickers on it while your at it.

Most of the guys here with 1200s who have them running strong, have all had to go with the full setup to get them that way. While any single part of the full setup might not make alot of HP on its own, it seems that all the parts together bring the power/speed up for the 4tec.

Many guys have radar and gps numbers to prove it. I think that is why dyno numbers on the header alone are not impressive, and even moreso on the XS 4tec, as it needs a reflash to get the proper fueling when adding a header......just too lean to make anything but heat it seems with the stock map.

Dan

Edited by rockerdan, 24 October 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#34 RevRacer800

RevRacer800

Summer Sucks.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4031 posts
  • Sled:2019 Skidoo 850 TNT

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

Crank Shop header. They didn't mention a price or HP numbers. Pic is from facebook.

Attached Images

• FB_IMG_1477355167103.jpg

#35 motohd66

motohd66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4192 posts
  • Sled:2018 mxz x 850

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

Crank Shop header. They didn't mention a price or HP numbers. Pic is from facebook.

Looks the same as the previous headers, ran one last year, not a stepped design again, good wide open header, the stepped headers are reported to respond better for trail riding. It was hard for me to notice any difference over a mbrp because it was on a different machine and not both on my 16

#36 PMACC

PMACC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Sled:2016 1200 mxzx

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:49 AM

A lot of these speed gains could also be credited to a more aggressive clutching.If someone with the mods ran stock clutching how were the results?This would be a interesting test.

#37 Nickski

Nickski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4024 posts
  • Sled:2017 1200 Gade

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:03 AM

With clutching and the header, mine barely ran faster than stock. It wasn't until the ecu flash that I really saw the gains.

#38 NSHM

NSHM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Sled:2016 renegade X 1200

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:37 AM

Most of the guys here with 1200s who have them running strong, have all had to go with the full setup to get them that way. While any single part of the full setup might not make alot of HP on its own, it seems that all the parts together bring the power/speed up for the 4tec.

Many guys have radar and gps numbers to prove it. I think that is why dyno numbers on the header alone are not impressive, and even moreso on the XS 4tec, as it needs a reflash to get the proper fueling when adding a header......just too lean to make anything but heat it seems with the stock map.

Dan

That's what I was saying....If you can only tell by radar and gps then is it really worth it unless you are racing and 10'ths of a second count?I know some want every hp possible but where is the dyno proof of where the rpm's  are for the 2 hp increase?At 5500  or 8500.It may make less at a higher rpm and slow you down.  Seat of the pants corner to corner trail riding I need at least 10-15 hp to "feel it" which means at the very least starting with good traction first,a  reflash and clutching. JMO

Think Snow!

#39 Nickski

Nickski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4024 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

I have the XR so it may be a bit different, but judging by how it feels and how it compares to a stock 1200 and up against 800etecs, I would say if you do all the mods, it’s an honest 20hp increase. I’ve never had it on a dyno, and I don’t need to. It’s noticeable the first mile you ride mine compared to stock. I’m not a drag racer, I did the mods for corner to corner speed trail riding, the wins when lining it up are just a bonus! It has more power at every rpm range and is a blast to ride now. An added bonus is I still get the exact same mileage as the other 4 1200s in my group.

#40 party of five

party of five

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Family, boating, sleds, hockey
  • Sled:2014 1200 Renegade

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:30 AM

Nickski what did you do to your XR? I have a 2014 1200 Renegade and your results are exactly what I am looking for.

#41 Nickski

Nickski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4024 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Nickski what did you do to your XR? I have a 2014 1200 Renegade and your results are exactly what I am looking for.

First stage:
MBRP header
PB-80
Cudney clutching, CR9 helix

This was only slightly faster in a straight line, but much better clutching for the trails.

Stage 2:
ECU flash, 9000 rpm limiter, clutched to 87-8800
Muffler mod
Went from 96 to 120 studs

This made a world of difference! Much faster than before, but still needed more traction.

Last year tweaks:
Dupont slides
144 studs
More venting on the clutch side.

Hooks up better, clutch is cooler, but still hot.

This year:
Wrapped the header and sealed with silicone spray
Adjusted the play in the throttle cable
Added ½ puck weight to the PB-80.

I’m hoping to pull the same RPM with the little extra weight, clutching should be much cooler with the header wrapped. My hope is the combination of cooler intake temps, cooler clutch temps, and throttle opening a bit more will result in a bit better performance. It’s already to a point where I’m very happy, but minor tweaks can add up.

#42 party of five

party of five

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Family, boating, sleds, hockey
  • Sled:2014 1200 Renegade

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

Thanks Nickski greatly appreciated. I have been in contact with Cudney and trying to decide if the Pb80 and secondary kit are worth it if I don't do the header. Basically don't want to be disappointed with little to no change by spending 800 or so when an extra 400 could make all the difference. Budget is always an issue is there a minimum you would suggest doing to see noticeable results? Thanks again.

#43 Nickski

Nickski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4024 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Nickski greatly appreciated. I have been in contact with Cudney and trying to decide if the Pb80 and secondary kit are worth it if I don't do the header. Basically don't want to be disappointed with little to no change by spending 800 or so when an extra 400 could make all the difference. Budget is always an issue is there a minimum you would suggest doing to see noticeable results? Thanks again.

Clutching first and try to get your rpms to 8400. I wouldn't spend the money for a header unless you plan on doing the ecu as well.

#44 motohd66

motohd66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4192 posts
  • Sled:2018 mxz x 850

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Clutching first and try to get your rpms to 8400. I wouldn't spend the money for a header unless you plan on doing the ecu as well.

I couldnt agree more. the header is the last thing to buy

#45 Dr. Rotax

Dr. Rotax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Anything with a motor
  • Sled:two 2016 Blizzard 1200's

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Just got home to an e-mail from Byron at MBRP and he said they will be shipping my 2016 header by the middle to end of next week,was getting worried bcuz I already have my ECU and muffler back from Boost,they cud have adapted my muffler to fit an XR header like Dan did

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1200, mbrp, muffler, can, exhaust, ecu, flash, pipe, pb80, cudney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users