Here is an example of the kind of help I think the 1K owners could use from someone who specializes in everything Ski-Doo.
Here are the questions I believe new and existing owners could benefit from answers from an experienced Ski-Doo tech, whether it be for a 1000 SDI, 800HO, 800R, 600 HO/SDI/ETEC or 500SS.
1. Where is a good place to buy a Ski-Doo rebuilt crank and have it trued?
2. How does an owner ensure the cases are in good condition?
3. Can the cases be sent to a professional to have the line bore inspected for the following:
- Out of round
- Bore diameter for the correct clamping force of the bearings
4. Should an owner use Loctite sleeve retainer to fill a 1+ thou void from a worn bore?
5. When a BRP rebuilt crank is received in a sealed package, should the owner attempt to use a solvent to clean all the grease put in by the manufacturer and apply new grease?
Thank you for your help,