Mikmac's 16' XM Build (with HQ pictures) - Page 2 - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Mikmac's 16' XM Build (with HQ pictures)

2016 rsi renthal wrap scs vynil risers mods xm summit

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 Gianni_CRX

Gianni_CRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, quads & sleds...
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 146

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

Love the Doo adjustable riser! I can varie the bar height at will. Adjustments are quick and easy. Up high for boon docking, down low for those quick trail rips between ride spots!

The Doo quick adjust limiter strap is excellent also. Run it loose for ALL DAY wheelies. Or Tighten it up for climbs and "trail manners". The kit makes limiter strap adjustments as easy as turning a dial!

Braaap, Braaaaap, Braaaaaaap!

#17 mikmac

mikmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:anything that has a motor, photography, fabrication, welding, machining.
  • Sled:16' T3 Summit 800 15' T3 Summit X 800

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

ok, changed the bars up. decided to ditch the stock grips, use some ODI grips as they are thicker, and move the r.e.r switch to the dash to free up room for the brake, cut the bars 1" on each side and added 45° bar ends, GGB mountain can is on the way as well as grip n rip braces. will get this thing to work so i can work on making a skidplate out of aluminum soon, its starting to snow in the mountains.. wont be long now  :cool_old: 

should probably order some different handwarmers for next year... or get some cork and at least fill in the missing spots from the oem design.
M16_7456.jpg

R.E.R relocate, i just left the HI-LO switch under the dash as its not that important, if i ever really NEED to switch to high beams ill open the side panel and hit the switch ha. 
M16_7455.jpg

the ODI's are much thicker than other grips.. will probably help with reducing hand/forearm  fatigue. 
M16_7457.jpg

#18 mikmac

mikmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:anything that has a motor, photography, fabrication, welding, machining.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

Love the Doo adjustable riser! I can varie the bar height at will. Adjustments are quick and easy. Up high for boon docking, down low for those quick trail rips between ride spots!

The Doo quick adjust limiter strap is excellent also. Run it loose for ALL DAY wheelies. Or Tighten it up for climbs and "trail manners". The kit makes limiter strap adjustments as easy as turning a dial!

i'm kind of weary about the limiter strap adjuster, it would be nice to have a wheelie mode.. but at the same time I feel like its adding another device that can break or get in the way, it does look like it would be in an annoying spot and my pants would get caught on it and what not. 

i'm curious if anyone has had any issues with them, would like to see some feedback so ill search and see what  can find. if not and they are sturdy and not as annoying as i perceive them to be it would be worth the price. 

#19 kidinloghouse

kidinloghouse

hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive like panseys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2304 posts
  • Interests:proud member and mechanic for halfcut racing
  • Sled:i'm not brand loyal, i drive the best

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

The oem cork and warmers are designed like that to wrap around the bar hooks

2016 800 commander blingstar vertical doors, 4500lb provantage, 29" bighorns on ITP;s, wetsounds stereo.

2016 wrecked T3 summit, getting stripped to 800etec the RS

2015 154 freeride magenta XC bumper and HD rear painted to match, aaen pipe, tss tunnel dump, bondi box, diamond s hood, 200miles and bent rails

2015 explorer boat w/ 60/40 evinrude jet pump

2013 600RS, 129x15x2" on black 2014 rs rails, aaen race can
2009 ds450 vin#0001 ronwoods pipe. 13:1 piston. double exhaust cam. BCS intake, clutch basket, rear carrier and cooling mod. BlingStar and sprocket/brake protectors, pro armor nerfs.
xmx rear shock, x fronts, shortend stock shocks for iceracing.
2008 ds450X Yoshi slip on, pink wire
2007 renegade 800 30" zillas on itp108's. SLC high clearance arms, factory skids, winch bumper W/2500lb provantage winch, xmr stealth snorkels.
2006 renegadeX 1000sdi 151" 2.25 finger track, threw the motor and harness in the garbage, got an 809 triple on the shelf that needs a new home
2003 7C special edition 827, race ported, crankshop twins, bored carbs,
1999 banshee needs motor and then some
2005 tundraR yellow hood, C&A's, XM seat, 8" bar riser, green take off freeeride bars, red odi grips, cut windshield.
1988 250 citation red hood
1985 250 tundra yellow hood
1984 250 tundra orange hood
1978 atc90 needs a lot of love

#20 mikmac

mikmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:43 PM

The oem cork and warmers are designed like that to wrap around the bar hooks

yeah, just didn't want to put them over the bar hooks because it would cover the hole where the bolt is to adjust them, and wanted them to align with the inner part of the grips where my hands sit. 

#21 GoinBoardin

GoinBoardin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Sled:'18 Mountain Cat 153

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

I think you did yourself a favor by not putting the warmer all the way to the end of the hook. I hit my hooks on trees and tend to break the heater that way. Dang things can be kind of fragile. Good call on ODI grips, and corking the warmers. Aluminum bars with no cork really suck the heat output out of the warmers. 

I'm 6'4" and dropped my bars down around 2" after the stock bars bent on my first ride. Bars in your face on a steep sidehill in wrong foot forward position is no way to maintain control. It isn't perfectly comfortable for meadow mashing but I found my sweet spot for technical terrain. 

I recommend some sort of intake filter protection. I think Skinz makes a set. The intake screens aren't super fragile but mine didn't last a season, again, from trees. 

#22 mikmac

mikmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

I recommend some sort of intake filter protection. I think Skinz makes a set. The intake screens aren't super fragile but mine didn't last a season, again, from trees.

Haha funny you mention the air vent protectors, that was the first thing i broke within the first half an hour of riding this sled, put it in a treewell and a branch went straight through the right air vent, got the metal screens from extreme air vents, they've worked out great so far.

#23 AKToad

AKToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1865 posts
  • Sled:XM & Assault 155

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

Get a shorter throttle cable.

Every day is a good day just try missing one.

#24 GoinBoardin

GoinBoardin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Sled:'18 Mountain Cat 153

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

Get a shorter throttle cable.

I could use a new cable, my housing is cracked in several places. What's your source for a shorter cable?

#25 Gianni_CRX

Gianni_CRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, quads & sleds...
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 146

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:42 AM

i'm kind of weary about the limiter strap adjuster, it would be nice to have a wheelie mode.. but at the same time I feel like its adding another device that can break or get in the way, it does look like it would be in an annoying spot and my pants would get caught on it and what not.

i'm curious if anyone has had any issues with them, would like to see some feedback so ill search and see what can find. if not and they are sturdy and not as annoying as i perceive them to be it would be worth the price.

No issues w/ mine w/ 800 km on it... its got a thin/low profile.. I don't even notice it's there! I haven't had any issues with it. I don't play with it often, maybe once or twice a ride.. but terrain would dictate Thst. .. its pretty deep & flat where I ride. I'm usually in "wheelie mode" 90% of the time.

The only inconvenience, is when I go to adjust it, I have to take a minute or to clear the built up snow from around the lever so it can swivel freely. The swivel lever is tight against the tunnel and has to be free of snow to work smoothly. You also need bare hands or thin gloves to grab it... again, cause of its low profile. But thats not a big deal. I'd prefer to take the time and have the adjustability and to have the sled wheelie out from underneath me when shooting steep hills... which can, and does happen! Its also Nice for that end of day trail ride back to the trailer. When ur tired & want to sit and cruise/race, and not wrestle a wheelie monster on tight trails and out of corners ! I adjust the strap, toss on the sway bar link, drop the bars, and I'm in "trail/race" mode. I can out run and handle shorter 137' BC's.

As long as u clean the snow, when u want to adjust it, it's flawless .. I haven't heard of anybody else complaining of breakage, or issues either!

Gian.

Braaap, Braaaaap, Braaaaaaap!

#26 kidinloghouse

kidinloghouse

hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive like panseys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2304 posts
  • Interests:proud member and mechanic for halfcut racing
  • Sled:i'm not brand loyal, i drive the best

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:26 PM

512060668 is the part number for a mxz 800etec throttle cable

2016 800 commander blingstar vertical doors, 4500lb provantage, 29" bighorns on ITP;s, wetsounds stereo.

2016 wrecked T3 summit, getting stripped to 800etec the RS

2015 154 freeride magenta XC bumper and HD rear painted to match, aaen pipe, tss tunnel dump, bondi box, diamond s hood, 200miles and bent rails

2015 explorer boat w/ 60/40 evinrude jet pump

2013 600RS, 129x15x2" on black 2014 rs rails, aaen race can
2009 ds450 vin#0001 ronwoods pipe. 13:1 piston. double exhaust cam. BCS intake, clutch basket, rear carrier and cooling mod. BlingStar and sprocket/brake protectors, pro armor nerfs.
xmx rear shock, x fronts, shortend stock shocks for iceracing.
2008 ds450X Yoshi slip on, pink wire
2007 renegade 800 30" zillas on itp108's. SLC high clearance arms, factory skids, winch bumper W/2500lb provantage winch, xmr stealth snorkels.
2006 renegadeX 1000sdi 151" 2.25 finger track, threw the motor and harness in the garbage, got an 809 triple on the shelf that needs a new home
2003 7C special edition 827, race ported, crankshop twins, bored carbs,
1999 banshee needs motor and then some
2005 tundraR yellow hood, C&A's, XM seat, 8" bar riser, green take off freeeride bars, red odi grips, cut windshield.
1988 250 citation red hood
1985 250 tundra yellow hood
1984 250 tundra orange hood
1978 atc90 needs a lot of love

#27 Trippy

Trippy

Armchair Interweb Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102508 posts
  • Interests:Sticking forks in outlets
    Making PBJ sammiches for the crew
    Polluting the woods with Klotz
  • Sled:Summit G4 165x3 w/ Boondocker turbo

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

I have a Summit etec throttle cable
Brand new never used
You can have for $20

#28 mikmac

mikmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

things ive added, OFT Billet spindles, i made a new brake resevoir because mine broke, hmm bent a few spindles recently by few i mean 4 of them which led me to buy the OFTs which have not bent. 

new OFT spindles. well worth the money.
IMG_20170107_1525471.jpg

old bent busted cheap skidoo cast spindles... garbage. 
IMG_20170107_1604561.jpg

designed a brake fluid resevoir. 
IMG_20170102_1316241.jpg

created said brake fluid reservoir. 
20170106_2009321.jpg

thats all for right now, ill try to get a good picture of some other things im making soon as well. 

#29 mikmac

mikmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

some recent videos of riding too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRMXoHThQ7A

Edited by mikmac, 17 January 2017 - 11:07 PM.

#30 Stealth860

Stealth860

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
  • Sled:2020 expert 154 😎

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:17 AM

things ive added, OFT Billet spindles, i made a new brake resevoir because mine broke, hmm bent a few spindles recently by few i mean 4 of them which led me to buy the OFTs which have not bent.

new OFT spindles. well worth the money.
IMG_20170107_1525471.jpg

old bent busted cheap skidoo cast spindles... garbage.
IMG_20170107_1604561.jpg

designed a brake fluid resevoir.
IMG_20170102_1316241.jpg

created said brake fluid reservoir.
20170106_2009321.jpg

thats all for right now, ill try to get a good picture of some other things im making soon as well.

Cool is that brake reservoir going to look like a piston?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, rsi, renthal, wrap, scs, vynil, risers, mods, xm, summit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users