Revel Suspension, full kit installed on Skandic - Page 2 - Skandic / Expedition - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Revel Suspension, full kit installed on Skandic

revel suspension skandic wt expedition pogo suspension skandic suspension

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 Newfiebullett

Newfiebullett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3531 posts
  • Interests:Sleds, bikes, birds and sometimes fishing.
  • Sled:Expedition SWT

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

Yikes! Just checking out the prices for Extreme shocks on a Ski-Doo website, and they're not exactly giving them away either. But what was really shocking (pardon the pun) was that the standard LE shocks on the front are $380 each! Crazy. 

#17 slapdappy

slapdappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:2016 Summit 174 T3
  • Sled:2013 Skandic WT 600 ace

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:28 AM

Yup, I agree.  

I think I am so accustomed to everything being so cheap and disposable (plastic stuff manufactured overseas) that there was an initial reaction of 'whoa.... gulp....uuhhhhh.'

This is a niche market and these are highly engineered, complex things custom made of expensive materials so cost per unit will be higher than a mass produced item. 

These are high end components built to perform and endure at a high level. They are serviceable/rebuldable vs a throw away sealed unit like stock.  :BigSnowman

#18 MrBadExample

MrBadExample

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, shooting, motorcycles, fishing, anything outdoors
  • Sled:2016 Skandic SWT, 2016 Expy Sport

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:00 AM

Picked my Skandic up this past weekend from the shop, full Revell suspension installed, left hand throttle from sno bungie and all the other stuff all completed. Now if Mother Nature would be kind and cooperate I may be able to ride......

And I can attest to Scott from Revel being very good at getting back to you if you have any questions.

Edited by MrBadExample, 18 February 2016 - 02:02 AM.

#19 Skeld

Skeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Interests:North Maine Woods
  • Sled:2020 Ski-Doo Expedition Xtreme

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

What kind of weight is he capable of calibrating the rear for? Like a lot I hope. :)

#20 slapdappy

slapdappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Picked my Skandic up this past weekend from the shop, full Revell suspension installed, left hand throttle from sno bungie and all the other stuff all completed. Now if Mother Nature would be kind and cooperate I may be able to ride......

And I can attest to Scott from Revel being very good at getting back to you if you have any questions.

sweet, yo. 

ours are like fraternal twins. SWT w/sno bunjie lefty throttle and WT with Goldfinger lefty and brp heavy duty rear bumper.

please post occasionally to share your experience. 

had you already put some miles on it before the Revel install?

Edited by slapdappy, 20 February 2016 - 01:46 AM.

#21 slapdappy

slapdappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

What kind of weight is he capable of calibrating the rear for? Like a lot I hope. :)

You can see in my photos the rider weight and compression rebound settings are hand written. The rears are valved for whatever rider/cargo weight you specify. You have 3 months to send them back for re-valving for different specs.

I think you can have the fronts valved to your specs also. AvalancheAK specified LabradorBoy settings for his fronts             #44            

#22 headdamage

headdamage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Sled:2008 Skandic SUV

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

Is there an suspension package for a Yeti II SUV?

Front: SUV-39; hydraulic shocks; 7.9 in. (200 mm) travel 
Rear: RCG1-W; hydraulic front and rear arm shocks; 11.4 in. (290 mm) travel

Edited by headdamage, 18 February 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#23 sueperdave

sueperdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3793 posts
  • Interests:2 x 2014 900 TNT ace 1.22" ice attack
    One with PB80
    2007 Tundra 300
  • Sled:15 800eGadeXRS 1.375' ice attack

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

Anybody else with experience?

14 800e-tec X gade with 1.375 Ice attack

11 800e-tec X gade with 1.375 Ice attack
08 600sdi gade
05 600sdi gade
03 REV 600HO
01 MXZ 800
99 MXZ 670HO
98 MXZ 670
97 MXZ 670
96 Formula 670
93 Mach 1 670
80 Citation SS

#24 slapdappy

slapdappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

For what weight is it valved?

#25 MrBadExample

MrBadExample

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:27 AM

I need to double check tomorrow, but I seem to recall ordering it at about 400lbs for the rears and Labrador boy up front. I will have an opinion after this weekend as I'll be taking it out for the first time since getting it back. I only had approx. 60 miles on stock setup....yeah this winter has been awful for us.

#26 slapdappy

slapdappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:37 PM

400 lbs.

In addition to you, what else is the sled carrying?

I have mine at 230 lbs, but thats because I use it recreationally, so normally just me, plus 30 lbs of gear.

I wish I could drive one with stouter valving to compare.

Just realized you have the SWT in a 900, obviously heavier than my WT 600. Although the advice from Scott/Revel is to simply specify rider weight + cargo. Do you normally have 400 lbs of passenger + cargo?

Edited by slapdappy, 04 March 2016 - 12:07 AM.

#27 MrBadExample

MrBadExample

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Well, I weigh about 215 so with full gear I figured about 240, I have cargo box, heavy duty rear bumper, winch and gear, I figured all the additional weights and allowed for a smaller passenger. I am used to riding my old renegade pretty hard, so I figured it would soak it up better if it was stiffer. I'll know tomorrow.......

#28 fel2

fel2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Sled:Tundra xtreme

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

450bd7c07f8bf4c3a69f57138b446e53.jpg

I installed foxfloat 2 on my xtreme. Total cost 300$ day and night difference

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

#29 MrBadExample

MrBadExample

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:13 AM

I spent the last few days putting a few hundred miles on the Skandic with the full Revel suspension, mostly trail, some very rough trails and a some off trail. At the 400 lb rear shock valving I had Revel set it to, it is a firm ride with a lighter load, which I expected. It did shine however in rougher sections at speed and I couldn't get either the front or rear to bottom.

Overall I'm very happy with the setup, and even though my experience with the stock setup was limited to approx. 65 miles, I was able to notice a very big difference in how the sled handled, whether it was bombing down the trails at 45mph or creeping along through the woods at a crawl. At speed the firmer setup handled much more confidently than it did with the stock shocks. I even had my buddy (265 lbs) hop on the back and we rode across the lake for dinner, shocks did their job.

Attached Images

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#30 slapdappy

slapdappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:31 AM

I spent the last few days putting a few hundred miles on the Skandic with the full Revel suspension, mostly trail, some very rough trails and a some off trail. At the 400 lb rear shock valving I had Revel set it to, it is a firm ride with a lighter load, which I expected. It did shine however in rougher sections at speed and I couldn't get either the front or rear to bottom.

Overall I'm very happy with the setup, and even though my experience with the stock setup was limited to approx. 65 miles, I was able to notice a very big difference in how the sled handled, whether it was bombing down the trails at 45mph or creeping along through the woods at a crawl. At speed the firmer setup handled much more confidently than it did with the stock shocks. I even had my buddy (265 lbs) hop on the back and we rode across the lake for dinner, shocks did their job.

Did you try different damper settings? It's kind of odd how it doesn't bottom out, eh? Stays composed and settled at speed, especially in the bumps. For such a large sled with a simple pogo suspension it actually feels sort of supple, less bouncy and utilitarian. I think it really shines at speed in the bumps because the stock vs Revel difference is so apparent.  Don't feel like I'm getting thrown around or clinging to a bucking bronco. The sled's heft keeps it settled while the suspension does all the work.

Thanks for update. 

Edited by slapdappy, 08 March 2016 - 01:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: revel suspension, skandic wt, expedition, pogo suspension, skandic suspension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users