#1 paulyc2006

paulyc2006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sled:Expedition 600SDI HO TUV

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to start my sled to get it running for the season which is just starting here. It's a 2009 Expedition TUV WT with 600SDI HO engine. At the end of last season I siphoned the gas from the tank and left it empty for the summer. In the fall I attempted to run the sled to get it ready for winter. I put about 5L of gas treated with Seafoam into the tank and tried turning it over. The engine would not start.

I then left the sled sit until a few weeks ago when I tried again. I took battery out and fully charged it to make sure I was getting the full cranking amps. The engine started after a few tries but would not idle. After a few attempts, the engine idled for a few minutes but the idle seemed to need to build a bit. After restarting a few times it would idle shorter and shorter until it would not idle at all. I even tried putting a little gas directly into the cylinders, but this would only turn the engine over for one or two cycles.

I then left the machine again for another week and for my next attempt to start I installed clean new spark plugs and checked the spark against the engine block. A good solid spark. As temperatures are constantly below zero here now, I put a tent over the sled engine and heated it up for a few hours. I also siphoned the treated fuel out of the tank and filled the tank full of new fuel, with some seafoam added. Engine turned over when I tried to start but it could not keep it going. Again, every time I started it would turn over for shorter time until it would not start at all. it would turn over with a little gas put directly into the cylinders, but would not start. I swapped the relays to check them.

I suspect that I may have a dirty fuel line or dirty filter, but don't know where the filter is to check. Another thing I suspect is that i may have got some moisture in my fuel line after leaving the tank empty all summer.

Any ideas or pointers would be much appreciated. 

#2 Waldo

Waldo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:God, Country, Corps.
  • Sled:2016 BLIZZARD 600 E-TEC

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

Your pump may have failed due to setting dry, try a pressure check to see if you are getting 60 PSI.

#3 snow expedition

snow expedition

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiles, hunting and fishing
  • Sled:Expy 600 ho SDI XM SP 154 600 E-tec 15

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

X2

If you give it some trottle too help the idleing! Does it get any better idle?
One outher thing you could check, the plastic hats on the crankcase under the injection, they may look ok but they isn´t, air leks in and out and it won´t idle as it should.
If you look at the picture of the crankcase you see nr9 the plastic hat.

Good luck

crankcase.png

Edited by snow expedition, 06 November 2015 - 01:10 AM.

Mikael

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EXPEDITION, 2009 600SDI HO, Expedition, TUV, ENGINE TROUBLE, START OF SEASON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users