OIF_II_2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Sled:2015 RENEGADE X 600 ACE

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

Project almost Complete!

First off 29 Yrs old, been on everything from Citation 300's and Elans, to BIG BORE Mach Z's and Turbo Cats 300HP+

Where i find my love for riding is on the trail, not on the drag strip, not running 120+, cost too much to fix!

Working in a Dealership my entire life, and growing up in a Family Owned Ski-Doo Fanchise, i fell in love when they released the 600 ace.

This Sled gave me the confidence to leave at 9 at nite and return at 2 am never having a doubt in my mind that i would go down on a cold siezure, bad gas, ect. and the fuel mileage! man SKI-DOO hit a home run with this sled.

while the TNT in 11' was awsome they never backed it up. (always a sport model)

So when it came time to get my next sled i decided i was going to build an X

Started with a 2015 Renegade 600 ACE Sport, and i must say the difference between the early ones and the new ones with ITC is amazing.

i Installed the RAS2 front end with X shocks

i installed HD Springs on center shock and rear torsions. (SHOCKS TO COME WHEN POCKET BOOK ALOWS)

i installed

LED LIGHT

MIRRORS

XC FRONT BUMPER

SKID PLATE

ADJUSTABLE RISER

96 STUDDS

FUEL CADDY (so i can ride with friends and we dont have to hunt for a gas station open at 1am)

SHORT TUNNEL BAG

BLACKED OUT THE WINDSHIELD

INSTALLED X GRAPHICS AND HOOD PANELS

LEAVING THE ALL ORANGE SIDE PANELS IN PLACE TO GIVE IT A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT LOOK THAN A NORMAL X

CANT WAIT TO FIND A 15 RENE X SEAT ON EBAY ONCE THEY START GETTING PILED UP

(in the pictures i havent gotten kick panels replaced)

this sled is the most fun sled ive ever had on the snow. its not the fastest but its light and with the upgraded suspension its a dream to ride.

not sure if anybody else is crazy like me to put this money into this sled but i dont regret it for a minute.

ive heard why not just buy a 600 etec x.

simple answer is i didnt want too!

my dream would be to put the MCxpress turbo kit on it at 90HP or 120HP this would maintain my reliability and fuel mileage and give me a little more snot. (not high on my list though as previously stated the power this little thing gives me for trail riding is fine!)

BETTER PICS TO COME WHEN THE WHITE STUFF STARTS TO FALL!

Attached Images

• 15 gade 2.JPG
  • 120.JPG
  • 168.JPG

#2 mosesss

mosesss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3569 posts
  • Sled:2017 850 Renee X

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

Cool sled. If you want more snot why not go 900 vs 600? Weight?

"Puppy love leads to a dogs life"

#3 OIF_II_2004

OIF_II_2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:10 AM

Cool sled. If you want more snot why not go 900 vs 600? Weight?

yeah weight and with what i knew i wanted to do to the sled right off the bat,,, the budget... story of our lives right!

It Crossed my mind but the extra 2 grand to get the 900 would have kept me in an adrenaline. instead i went with the 600 sport and spent that money for better suspension and accessories. as stated in first post the power while a little more would be nice is lowest on my list so i woudl rather have all the accessoies and x setup over the extra power of a 900 and still be bone stock, no accessories. ect....

#4 mosesss

mosesss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3569 posts
  • Sled:2017 850 Renee X

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

Makes sense....def a unique ride!!

"Puppy love leads to a dogs life"

#5 yeller

yeller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • Sled:2020 Gade 600 ACE

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

I think you did a great job on your conversion. Nothing wrong at all with investing that kind of money to "X" a sled with such a solid, fun, reliable motor! I wish BRP would do it! We 600 ACE lovers shouldn't be limited to the sport only option ... we like a good ride and great handling too!   

#6 OIF_II_2004

OIF_II_2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

IMO the renegade feels completely different that the shorty not only because of the longer track but because it is uncoupled. our sleds do not have the power to come over backwards on us. but by having it uncoupled it transfers the weight very well alowing you to WAIT FOR IT... carry the skis across smaller obstacles. and have the front end come up ever so slightly making it not feel always so planted. the 1.25 cobra track is awsome too.

#7 jdmxz

jdmxz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:I own and operate a business that restores and maintain historic race cars.
  • Sled:2021 Renegade Adrenaline 900

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

Project almost Complete!

First off 29 Yrs old, been on everything from Citation 300's and Elans, to BIG BORE Mach Z's and Turbo Cats 300HP+

Where i find my love for riding is on the trail, not on the drag strip, not running 120+, cost too much to fix!

Working in a Dealership my entire life, and growing up in a Family Owned Ski-Doo Fanchise, i fell in love when they released the 600 ace.

This Sled gave me the confidence to leave at 9 at nite and return at 2 am never having a doubt in my mind that i would go down on a cold siezure, bad gas, ect. and the fuel mileage! man SKI-DOO hit a home run with this sled.

while the TNT in 11' was awsome they never backed it up. (always a sport model)

So when it came time to get my next sled i decided i was going to build an X

Started with a 2015 Renegade 600 ACE Sport, and i must say the difference between the early ones and the new ones with ITC is amazing.

i Installed the RAS2 front end with X shocks

i installed HD Springs on center shock and rear torsions. (SHOCKS TO COME WHEN POCKET BOOK ALOWS)

i installed

LED LIGHT

MIRRORS

XC FRONT BUMPER

SKID PLATE

ADJUSTABLE RISER

96 STUDDS

FUEL CADDY (so i can ride with friends and we dont have to hunt for a gas station open at 1am)

SHORT TUNNEL BAG

BLACKED OUT THE WINDSHIELD

INSTALLED X GRAPHICS AND HOOD PANELS

LEAVING THE ALL ORANGE SIDE PANELS IN PLACE TO GIVE IT A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT LOOK THAN A NORMAL X

CANT WAIT TO FIND A 15 RENE X SEAT ON EBAY ONCE THEY START GETTING PILED UP

(in the pictures i havent gotten kick panels replaced)

this sled is the most fun sled ive ever had on the snow. its not the fastest but its light and with the upgraded suspension its a dream to ride.

not sure if anybody else is crazy like me to put this money into this sled but i dont regret it for a minute.

ive heard why not just buy a 600 etec x.

simple answer is i didnt want too!

my dream would be to put the MCxpress turbo kit on it at 90HP or 120HP this would maintain my reliability and fuel mileage and give me a little more snot. (not high on my list though as previously stated the power this little thing gives me for trail riding is fine!)

BETTER PICS TO COME WHEN THE WHITE STUFF STARTS TO FALL!

I sort of did the same thing only mine started life as a 2015 Grand Touring 600 Ace. Still waiting for a few parts before I can call it done.

Attached Images

• 2015-09-21 10.17.19.jpg
  • 2015-09-21 10.17.04.jpg

Edited by jdmxz, 10 October 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#8 big chief

big chief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling and Boating
  • Sled:Ski-Doo and Polaris

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:57 AM

Doo needs to offer the X pkg for ALL the sleds.  Some folks, like myself (6'8" / 295), are just bigger framed people who need a better shock package.  I don't need to be Joe Racer to appreciate a decent set of shocks and would be more than willing to pay the extra for an X model.  Our 600 ACE was a fun trail sled. I'll probably regret selling it.  Gonna try a ZR5000 and see how it compares to our 900 ACE. 

Love what both of you guys have done to your 600 ACE's.  Great job!

#9 jdmxz

jdmxz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:I own and operate a business that restores and maintain historic race cars.

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

Doo needs to offer the X pkg for ALL the sleds.  Some folks, like myself (6'8" / 295), are just bigger framed people who need a better shock package.  I don't need to be Joe Racer to appreciate a decent set of shocks and would be more than willing to pay the extra for an X model.  Our 600 ACE was a fun trail sled. I'll probably regret selling it.  Gonna try a ZR5000 and see how it compares to our 900 ACE. 

Love what both of you guys have done to your 600 ACE's.  Great job!

Thanks!

#10 yeller

yeller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • Sled:2020 Gade 600 ACE

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

JDMXZ, I really like what you did with your GT as well. Very original and functional. Nicely done!

#11 jdmxz

jdmxz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

JDMXZ, I really like what you did with your GT as well. Very original and functional. Nicely done!

Thanks, It's my own little twist but still using a Ski Doo theme and graphics.

#12 Jusipi

Jusipi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing boating guiding
  • Sled:2014, 2019 expedition sport 900

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

why not putting r-motion, i don't know why they don't put it on 600ace, i think they would sell more if they do, but again maybe it would hurt the price.

#13 jdr1014

jdr1014

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Sleds, Harleys, Guitars, Guns, Boats.........and other good stuff!!!!
  • Sled:2012 Rene 1200 Adr./full Cudney PB80 kit

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:09 PM

Great concept and execution!

I love my 1200 but would like to have a 600ACE too!

#14 OIF_II_2004

OIF_II_2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:58 AM

Done for this season,

Now just hoping for snow.!

got Curve XS Skis on with 7.5" Stud Boy Shaper Bars and HD rear springs.

15' black and orange X seat and X shocks in rear next year. Unfortunatly i have to pace my self...

Attached Images

• 015.JPG
  • 017.JPG

#15 rayclar

rayclar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1011 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, ice fishing, golf, and ???
  • Sled:2016 renegade adrenaline 900 ace

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

That looks very sharp, and i sure like the bumper.

club > ssmtrailblazers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users