I'm finally updating the ol' RT, snow checking a Summit X T3 174 (yellow, with e-start).
1) Anybody use a lithium battery, do they work well? It will be ridden in Sicamous/Revy (mountain) areas. I hope that it being only a 2 cylinder, 2 stroke, in warm temps (compared to my home in Sask) a lithium should be fine to start it, but I want to get opinions from those that use them.
2) Any preference for a lightweight can? I have a TSS now which is a little loud, so one that is no noisier than that can, preferably a little quieter. I think the dealer likes MBR, but I see HPS and SLP mentioned a lot in older threads. Other than "stock", what cans have a little louder/nicer sound (I like to hear the engine when climbing a hill), save weight, but don't loose HP? Suggestions?
3) Do I need to buy scratchers, or does the stock X come with rail mounted scratchers (I doubt it, but somebody said they come with)?
4) I don't usually ride more than 60 miles/ 100km a day, do you think I will need the extra fuel can with this 800? I rarely used the can with the 1000, and usually ended up just hauling it back down the trail. I'm thinking of skipping the jerrycan,and adding it later if I start running low (I stash some fuel line in the sled for such an occasion).
5) Anybody use plastic film (like hood protector film to prevent stone chips) over the side panels to help keep them clean and make them easier to clean, as I hear the yellow gets dirty on the exhaust side?
Any other items you like (I'm grabbing a belly panel protector)?
Thanks for your thoughts,