• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BobbySOX

BobbySOX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, ATVing, hunting, anything outdoors.
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 146

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

My 2012 Expedition 600 etec looses RPMs when cruising and the max RPMs I can reach is approxinately 7000 RPM.

When cruising, the sled begins to bog and drops about 500 RPM and sticks at ~6000RPM.  When squeezing the throttle, RPMs stick at about 6500 but in time I can manage to get it up to ~7000 RPM.

I had the rave valves cleaned and had the positioning sensor replaced and recalibrated, but this didn't fix the problem.

My next step is to have the clutches taken apart, but I'm far from a clutching guru and am planning on visiting my dealer's service department.  Can someone out there help me out and propose some solutions?

Thanks.

#2 Snow Terror

Snow Terror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1055 posts
  • Sled:2011 Expedition 1200

•    

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

How many kms on the sled? I'm no clutching guru either, but I've picked at it a bit.

A couple things might be going on in either the primary or secondary, from bad rollers, springs, or even ramps in your primary. If you haven't done any maintenance on the sled since you got it, it is probably time to have them looked at anyway for peace of mind and preventative maintenance at the very least.

One thing you may be able to try is adjusting the pins in your primary. People often refer to them as clickers. Their position changes the RPMs that your clutches can acheive and you are albe to basically dial in your desired RPM for the conditions you are in. There is a product called Quick Clickers that make this easy to do on the fly, but it shouldn't take more than a 10mm wrench if you don't have them.  Your maintenance manual should give a decent explanation on how to go about making the changes. 

Another thing to do is ensure your belt is adjusted correctly. Typically the correct height for the belt in the secondary is that the bottom of the cogs/valley on the top of belt is flush with the outside of the secondary. Your manual should also give the proper procedure on how to adjust this as well. One thing I always get fooled up in is which way to turn the big nut on the secondary, it is opposite than what I consider is the logical way to turn to get the adjustment I want. Pretty much gets me every time...  :unsure_old:

Having said that, if this is something that has happened recently and your driving conditions haven't changed, chances are that it is an internal component that needs to be addressed. 

2011 Expedition 1200 LE-X

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 BobbySOX

BobbySOX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

UPDATE:  This weekend the problem got progressibely worse until the "Rev Limit" engine code came on.  Turns out the stator is gone.  Expensive fix for me.

#4 Stinkybrick

Stinkybrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Sled:2012 skandic wt 600 etec

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

That sucks. Did it start with loosing a bit of peak rpm and just getting progressivly worse? How many miles did you have on your sled?

#5 suv1

suv1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6992 posts
  • Interests:Updated sled list!!!!
    2010 V800SWT
    2013 600aceSWT
    2014 600ACEWT
    2014 600aceSWT
    2016 900aceSWT
    2017 900aceSWT
    coming soon..
    2020 900aceLE
  • Sled:"16/900SWT/V800SWT600skandic600 ACEWT

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

It's about time BRP get it's act together on some of these "electrical" issues on these xu's, stators, starters, broken wires, sensors...and the list goes on,  never seen this many problems on the yeti & yeti II,s!

Updated sled list!!!!   ////2010 V800SWT

////2013 600ACESWT

////2014 600ACEWT

////2016 900ACESWT

#6 BobbySOX

BobbySOX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

There is about 7800kms on the sled now.  The fustrating part of all of this is that the sled was performing bad all year, but pretty much out of nowhere, the rev limit code came up on my gauge.  If there was an electrical/voltage/direct injection problem all along, how come it took so long for the check engine light to come on in the first place? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users