15 BCX blown belt and HOT cluthes - Page 9 - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

15 BCX blown belt and HOT cluthes

blown belt hot clutches

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 UPMICHIGANDER

UPMICHIGANDER

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 137 2.25

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

I dont have to prove a thing. Do your homework like i did. Put in your own effort. Its all on the boss website at your dealer.

Edited by UPMICHIGANDER, 20 February 2016 - 06:09 AM.

#122 Gianni_CRX

Gianni_CRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, quads & sleds...
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 146

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

I dont have to prove a thing. Do your homework like i did. Put in your own effort. Its all on the boss website at your dealer.

So... just to confirm. You CHOOSE not to help others on here. Isn't that what this Forum is about... helping & sharing info with your fellow Doo rider, for the love of the sport... & brand!

You could be helping MANY MANY ppl... but u CHOOSE not to! Thats SAD!

Braaap, Braaaaap, Braaaaaaap!

#123 Gianni_CRX

Gianni_CRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

He told me all you have to do is ask...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

WERE ASKING BUD!

#124 UPMICHIGANDER

UPMICHIGANDER

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 137 2.25

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

Its too much to ask for people to make 2 more clicks so i dont have to broadcast. I had many many hours into it. How hatd have you tried. Stop being lazy dootalkers looking for hand outs. The knowledge is public. Skidoo releases it in bulletins that are easily obtainable. Take some oics and temp readings and contacted doo. My account is pending removal. This website blows and i dont want to be affiliated with the sheeple on here any more. The 30 or so who do nothing but troll and say the same old ruined it. Enjoy the dirt ladies ill be riding into april.

#125 Gianni_CRX

Gianni_CRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:53 PM

Don't let the door hit u on the way out! I myself am not suffering from belt issues, bit as a Doo owner im concearned....Countless ppl on here are suffering from this issue! it annoys me to see someone like yourself making claims & not wanting to back them up with info or proof! Share the "wealth" man. That's all!

What does it matter to you if you share the steps & info... You already got all your free parts... What, did you sign a legal clause? Lol. If you could help enough ppl on here to go thru the steps you did, maybe Doo will stand up and issue a recall. You'd be a HERO to thousands. .. But no, you choose to keep it to yourself. Selfish!

Cheers!

#126 Dter1134

Dter1134

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Sled:2013 MXZ

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

BS baffles brains, and there lots of it but to the ones that just say do a search keep the remark to yourself
We all can't be experts and I have read a lot of posts. I post what I have learned and share what works from experience
Not by 2x what he said. If you can help do so otherwise ??????

Align your engine and float the secondary. Use a Doo belt. Simple as that.
DT
Always fixing someone's sled

#127 Dura-Rage

Dura-Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Sled:2016 Freeride 137

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

Don't let the door hit u on the way out! I myself am not suffering from belt issues, bit as a Doo owner im concearned....Countless ppl on here are suffering from this issue! it annoys me to see someone like yourself making claims & not wanting to back them up with info or proof! Share the "wealth" man. That's all!

What does it matter to you if you share the steps & info... You already got all your free parts... What, did you sign a legal clause? Lol. If you could help enough ppl on here to go thru the steps you did, maybe Doo will stand up and issue a recall. You'd be a HERO to thousands. .. But no, you choose to keep it to yourself. Selfish!

Cheers!

All you have to do is Pm the guy that's all he asked, quit putting him on blast because he didn't want to post it publicly. If you don't have belt issues good for you. I for one do and i wanted to know so i pm'd him like he asked. It's not a big deal. Obviously ski doo has repremended him for this already (im assuming by the deletion of the post) so it's not something that could go public. It shows ski doo is being shady and doesn't want it to be put out there. So put ski doo on blast not this guy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

#128 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Sled:2015 Backcountry X 800, 2020 Summit 850

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:31 PM

Lets stay on topic boys, I've seen threads go sideways on here and I'd like to keep this clean and eventually come to a solution for these machines. Although brp will be going to the new clutch eventually across the board.... anyways...

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

Ive got a summit shaft which is +3mm longer to cure the alignment issue. A set of 441 ramps with spring pins. A 160/350 primary spring pl/pk and a Black secondary spring 160/303. To cure the slipping issue. All brand new 400$ plus shipping. Did this to my 16 freeride 137 2.25. Night and day difference. This set up comes stock on the 146 and longer freerides/summits. If you ride off trail with a 137 you need to compensate for track load. I recomend going to at least a 21/45 as well. Im at that going to 21/49 this week. The shaft is $409, the ramps $90, the springs $60, ramp spring pins $4. Plus tax.

He has already said what he put in his machine, and that it worked for him. So don't give him a hard time. This is what I've mentioned to my dealer, we are thinking of this along with 21/49 because I'd like some more low end grunt.

#129 RAB123

RAB123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Sled:Summit

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

cat even msg him , some kinda block !!

#130 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

Bad news. So even after the tech link, summit shaft, 21/45 gearing I blew another belt. Happened down a bush road, all of a sudden "flap flap flap". Locked it up, stopped, and the top came off about a 5 inch section, cords were out. Probably about 350km on this one.

Talked to the dealer, they want to gear it lower and go to a 21/49 or 19/49. I will keep you guys posted. I will suggest summit clutching, springs as mentioned. I'd like to see if this problem can be fixed with Skidoo parts before going to aftermarket. Season coming to a close, just like last year.... starting to see a trend here. I told them today that I can see me being out of my 3 year warranty and nothing has been fixed. Stay tuned!

#131 MXtremeZ

MXtremeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2118 posts
  • Sled:07 SUMMIT X 800R 144" / 15 BCX 800R-Etec

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

I'm running 23/47 gearing (same as 22/45)
Qrs tech link
BRP floating secondary aligned to my specs here:
X=38.6mm
Y-X = 3 mm
Note : used BRP alignment tool to get correct measurements.

With Clutching
288 600 RS belt

2015 BCX 137 x 1.75

Belts seem to be holding up this season so far. Clutches are warm/hot on wot pulls ,but no pulled cords yet this season.

Added the tech link and 47 tooth gear this season . Really liking the 47 bottom gear. Actually love it! Think this gear is ideal for these 137 BCX / Freeride 1.75s

Going to try a 22 / 47 ( same as 21/45) setup in the near future. And don't have to buy another chain like the 21/45 setup

Think it's finally dialed in pretty good this season. Pulled cords on 2 different belts last year(391,425) and glazed a 377.

Edited by MXtremeZ, 01 March 2016 - 12:00 AM.

2015 Renegade Backcountry X 800R-E-tec

07 Summit X 800R P-TEK 144"  - converted to cross-over

- Clutched/Calibrated & Balanced - Geared 23/45 - 800R SHR case-mod w/ RK-Tek Wossner Pistons - 170 double backed Diggers - 1.325" Cobra 2-ply- custom wrap - 

Previous Mod:
MOD 97 Formula 500> ported, polished, case-matched, cut head, SC-10 III, custom cut rotary valve

#132 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

I'm running 23/47 gearing (same as 22/45)
Qrs tech link
BRP floating secondary aligned to my specs here:
X=38.6mm
Y-X = 3 mm
Note : used BRP alignment tool to get correct measurements.

With Clutching
288 600 RS belt

2015 BCX 137 x 1.75

Belts seem to be holding up this season so far. Clutches are warm/hot on wot pulls ,but no pulled cords yet this season.

Added the tech link and 47 tooth gear this season . Really liking the 47 bottom gear. Actually love it! Think this gear is ideal for these 137 BCX / Freeride 1.75s

Going to try a 22 / 47 ( same as 21/45) setup in the near future. And don't have to buy another chain like the 21/45 setup

Think it's finally dialed in pretty good this season. Pulled cords on 2 different belts last year(391,425) and glazed a 377.

What clutching?

#133 MXtremeZ

MXtremeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2118 posts
  • Sled:07 SUMMIT X 800R 144" / 15 BCX 800R-Etec

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

What clutching?

DJs setup. I see better temps with larger bottom gear

2015 Renegade Backcountry X 800R-E-tec

07 Summit X 800R P-TEK 144"  - converted to cross-over

- Clutched/Calibrated & Balanced - Geared 23/45 - 800R SHR case-mod w/ RK-Tek Wossner Pistons - 170 double backed Diggers - 1.325" Cobra 2-ply- custom wrap - 

Previous Mod:
MOD 97 Formula 500> ported, polished, case-matched, cut head, SC-10 III, custom cut rotary valve

#134 ghost rider

ghost rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Sled:xp 800r

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

Too cool tower vents n qrs brace20160301_114745.jpg

Edited by ghost rider, 01 March 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#135 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

Ok here's an update for those who have been following. For those who haven't, off trail riding shreds belts in no time, under 300km sometimes, clutch temps are through the roof. It's been happening since new.

What has been done already:

- Summit 3mm offset flange

- QRS brace

- 21/45 gearing

On this trip to dealer:

They checked alignment again - Ok, I will have the measurements tomorrow. Mechanic was gone home when I called.

BRP rep wanted to gear down to 19/49, myself and service manager agree this is too low and we won't be doing that.

Got approved to change over to Summit sea level clutching

- Yellow/Green primary spring

- Blue secondary spring

- Keep solid pins

- Keep 413 ramps

I hope this works, will have to wait until next season to find out. Keeping fingers crossed. Reason we haven't floated is they dealer already floated one on a freeride and apparently it was coming apart somehow. 2 piece design?

Anyways, always open to thoughts. Clutch guys feel free to chime in on how this will affect clutch performance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blown belt, hot clutches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users