15 BCX blown belt and HOT cluthes - Page 4 - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

15 BCX blown belt and HOT cluthes

blown belt hot clutches

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#46 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Sled:2015 Backcountry X 800, 2020 Summit 850

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

21 tooth top gear should be in on Monday or Tuesday. Will get that installed and post an update. After breaking in belts put approx. 150km on one and checked it this morning. There is about a 3/4 inch area where the cord is coming out and frayed! Man this sucks. I was riding last night for about an hour with a couple guys, one 2015 summit x 800 163 inch and a 2015 m800 153( I believe?) anyways I had to stop open side panel and let things cool off. Cat clutches were cool and summit clutches were warm to the touch. No crazy riding either because it was night time, mix of trails to get to the next opening and mess around through some trees. No big climbs or extended wot pulls. 

Called dealer to let them know 150km after break in is unacceptable. He agreed and stated he would be adding it into the report that he made with brp for my case. Told him I needed another belt, going for a good ride this Sunday... No more belts in stock! This is my third belt in the past couple weeks.

As a side note, I've been running clicker 2 and in the snow it hangs around 8000 to 8100 ish. On the trail it will spike up to 8300 if I go wot so I don't do that. Love this sled and I'd like to get it fixed but I'm getting tired of spending money on it.  

And while we wait for my parts to come in, here's one of me with the sled that's been giving me trouble! lol.. Ugh.. I still love her though. Don't mind the crappy cell vid quality. Just an example of how I usually ride, nothing too crazy.

Edited by Ronn, 27 February 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#47 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Update, the 21 tooth top gear is installed and clutches are slightly cooler. Still very hot though, have to take breaks to let everything cool down every so often... I was hoping to get this sorted out by the end of this season.

#48 bulldoozer

bulldoozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Family,fly fishing,welding and most things with a motor
  • Sled:mxz 583, 04 440x, 12 bcx 800

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for updating with you progress. Hope you get the heat levels to an acceptable level and just enjoy riding next year with no messing around.

#49 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Update: I reported the findings to the dealer after the gear install saying things still weren't right. They said the report was submitted and their skidoo rep got back to them a couple days ago. Basically said they are aware there is a problem and are working on a fix. Nothing they can do until then. Very, very frustrating. My service guy said hopefully by next fall.

I requested copies of whatever paperwork went in so I should have that soon. If you're having issues push your dealers to get something done. Mine so far has been great.

#50 C & T Powersports

C & T Powersports

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13301 posts
  • Sled:900 ace Turbo, 1200 Turbo.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

Update: I reported the findings to the dealer after the gear install saying things still weren't right. They said the report was submitted and their skidoo rep got back to them a couple days ago. Basically said they are aware there is a problem and are working on a fix. Nothing they can do until then. Very, very frustrating. My service guy said hopefully by next fall.

I requested copies of whatever paperwork went in so I should have that soon. If you're having issues push your dealers to get something done. Mine so far has been great.

Ronn,

As with many Ski Doo sleds, including the 2015 models- Your clutches are out of alignment. Shim the secondary or float it.

Your dealer can make excuses and spend all your money for you, but the bottom line is ALIGNMENT.

The brace is a good idea, but it only helps keep the clutches aligned under acceleration. It's not going to align them.

Dropping a tooth on the top gear is also a great idea to maintain cooler temps but again, it won't align your clutches.

Chris

#51 stmike

stmike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4464 posts
  • Interests:all the big boys toys
  • Sled:2014 800etec BC 2018 summit X 154

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

My 2011 BC 600,right away started to pull threads keep that belt for a spare.Shimmed the secondary 3mm,and when i traded it in at 5000 miles it still had the same belt. 

#52 ol EXTerminator

ol EXTerminator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2230 posts
  • Sled:XP

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

Ronn,
As with many Ski Doo sleds, including the 2015 models- Your clutches are out of alignment. Shim the secondary or float it.
Your dealer can make excuses and spend all your money for you, but the bottom line is ALIGNMENT.
The brace is a good idea, but it only helps keep the clutches aligned under acceleration. It's not going to align them.
Dropping a tooth on the top gear is also a great idea to maintain cooler temps but again, it won't align your clutches.
Chris

What is the ideal 'X' measurement? Back in 2009 I bought Revman's shim kit. He had a different value than brp and it worked great for me on my 08. I used the same kit and spec on my 2010.5 800 and have 5300+ miles. I used 2 belts and neither has any cords coming out. My 3rd belt is still brand new, never installed it. I'll have to see if I can find the instructions from his kit. He does not sell it anymore though. Great guy, he sent me the kit for free and said to pay him only if it solved my problem!

Oh ya, it is complete BS that brp and all their techs have not solved this issue in 8 years! They should be getting their tolerances right or telling the dealers how to shim clutches. 3 dealers couldn't solve anything for me back then and it sounds like it's no better today. I shimmed my 2010.5 before putting a single mile on it. Thanks Revman if you're still out there! Thanks for nothing BRP.

Edited by ol EXTerminator, 10 April 2015 - 12:15 AM.

#53 Valonmxz

Valonmxz

Mainway Solutions Inc.

• Sponsors
  • 2583 posts
  • Interests:Owner of Mainway Solutions Inc.
    Riding, Machining, Rebuilding
    Family and Friends
    Noahonmxz Briggsonmxz
    Carteronmxz
    1999 Mini Z 120
  • Sled:2020 Renegade X-RS 850 E-TECH

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:03 PM

What is the ideal 'X' measurement? Back in 2009 I bought Revman's shim kit. He had a different value than brp and it worked great for me on my 08. I used the same kit and spec on my 2010.5 800 and have 5300+ miles. I used 2 belts and neither has any cords coming out. My 3rd belt is still brand new, never installed it. I'll have to see if I can find the instructions from his kit. He does not sell it anymore though. Great guy, he sent me the kit for free and said to pay him only if it solved my problem!

Oh ya, it is complete BS that brp and all their techs have not solved this issue in 8 years! They should be getting their tolerances right or telling the dealers how to shim clutches. 3 dealers couldn't solve anything for me back then and it sounds like it's no better today. I shimmed my 2010.5 before putting a single mile on it. Thanks Revman if you're still out there! Thanks for nothing BRP.

Well said

I spent a few hours working on my 800 to get it aligned and happy with the results

My clutches are cooler to touch and the primary fixed clutch does not have a wear grove in it any more

The floating secondary was a great help but it doesn't fix it all, some creative thinking helps where modification are required

MAINWAY SOLUTIONS Inc.

mw-flash.gif

The key to a Smooth Running Suspension is Lubrication

MSK02.png MSK01.jpg MSHK01.jpg

If you can order it .... We ship it the very Next Day every Day

We Only Sell what we have ready to ship, no waiting for orders to come in

Call or Text 905.719.6515 Any Time... :D

AccelTech-logo.png Great Elka Products Great Service Set-ups 
[url=https://cdn.shortpix...elTech-logo.png

#54 Dynamo^Joe

Dynamo^Joe

Metalhead

• Sponsors
  • 8817 posts
  • Interests:SUMMIT platform SkiDoo's. Being a student of the TRA clutches.
  • Sled:850, 154, 3" - 13, 872 custom 120, 3"

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

have 3100 miles on original belt 2015 BCX 800. I get so much vibration in the handlebars at idle it makes it impossible to read my Garmin Montana.

Then pop your primary clutch off and when you do remove it slowly so you can see if the timing mark on the primary clutch was lined up correctly with the timing mark on the crankshaft.

After that, do a dial indicator runout check on the crankshaft stub.

The runout limit is 0024".

https://www.ibackshi.../-162.asp#taper

https://www.ibackshi...l_indicator_vid

My 800 ended up slipping to .0037 and the vibration was high to a degree that the mechanic who run my sled said "WT F?" before he checked it, as he drove it into their shop.

New warranty crank went in and at 0001 and smooth as a singer sowing machine now.

#55 Ski-B

Ski-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5317 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride 850

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

Ditching the stock 413 BCX ramps is a good place to start with hot clutches on a BCX. I find the 413 are not enough load for this explosive engine. 

Here is what i run in the wifes 14 BCX. 160-260 primary spring, 414 ramps, clicker number 3, Team pin kit with .75 tungston and 0ne short set screw = 22.18 grams. Stock brp rollers. All stock secondary 44-42 green green. stock gearing, stock motor and exhaust. Good luck, have fun.

2020 Freeride 850. My ride.

2018 XRS 850 Sons sled.

2017 Freeride 860R etec. 860BB. Daughters sled.

2015 Freeride 800R etec. All Stock. Wifes sled.

2015 BCX  800R etec. Trail ported. Spare sled.

2014 BCX 800R etec. All stock. Spare sled.

#56 Dynamo^Joe

Dynamo^Joe

Metalhead

• Sponsors
  • 8817 posts
  • Interests:SUMMIT platform SkiDoo's. Being a student of the TRA clutches.
  • Sled:850, 154, 3" - 13, 872 custom 120, 3"

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

Ditching the stock 413 BCX ramps is a good place to start with hot clutches on a BCX. I find the 413 are not enough load for this explosive engine. 

Here is what i run in the wifes 14 BCX. 160-260 primary spring, 414 ramps, clicker number 3, Team pin kit with .75 tungston and 0ne short set screw = 22.18 grams. Stock brp rollers. All stock secondary 44-42 green green. stock gearing, stock motor and exhaust. Good luck, have fun.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.a..a...a....T ? :blink_old:

you dont have a team secondary on there?

You're not Ski-B....bring skibee back now.  :P

#57 Ski-B

Ski-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5317 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride 850

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

:laugh_old: NO...No team on this one. trying to keep it simple and inexpensive.  :righton  thanks Joe.

2020 Freeride 850. My ride.

2018 XRS 850 Sons sled.

2017 Freeride 860R etec. 860BB. Daughters sled.

2015 Freeride 800R etec. All Stock. Wifes sled.

2015 BCX  800R etec. Trail ported. Spare sled.

2014 BCX 800R etec. All stock. Spare sled.

#58 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Update: dealer wants to try a 3mm offset secondary from a summit to see if this fixes the problem. It is installed and will report back...

#59 Dter1134

Dter1134

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Sled:2013 MXZ

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

Have you been out yet

Update: dealer wants to try a 3mm offset secondary from a summit to see if this fixes the problem. It is installed and will report back...

Always fixing someone's sled

#60 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

Have you been out yet

No not yet probably this week. Not enough snow here yet to really see how it works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blown belt, hot clutches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users